Methode Electronics Employee Reviews

interesting place to work and learn
Program Manager Global Tooling (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MI 48075April 18, 2018
Methode was an interesting place to work to learn the final details of infotainments systems and biometrics. Designed, manufactured, and commissioned over 180 injections molds in China and successfully imported and installed them into their Mexican facility.
Productive and fun
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILApril 13, 2018
Received daily reports on orders from customer service. Responsible for making sure enough supplies were available to complete any and all orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with
Good
Mechanical Engineering (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 28, 2018
Great place to work if you are a salary employee. Also they provide great internship experience. It is a smaller company so there is no room for advancement easily.
Fast moving enviornment with very lean staff
Security & Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2018
Very fast-paced, demanding enviornment with very lean staff. Expectations very high. amount of work with such a lean staff inhibited collaboration and caused situation where band-aids needed to be applied rather than wholesome solution.
work load
Product Development Specialist (Inks) (Current Employee) –  Harwood Heights, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Amount of work is not demanding enough. Have developed most of what I can and since they no longer have a sales person for my area, no new work is coming in. Feel my job may be in jepardy
Pros
relaxed atmosahere
Cons
work load
company biased
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJanuary 5, 2018
lost job at this place due to other nationality employees that could not speak proper English or any English
assignment ended when I was told that I was being promoted
Great learning expierence
Advanced Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILOctober 11, 2017
Loved the work. Moved everything to China and Mexico and didn't want to travel all the time with a growing family. Learned a ton of great experiences here
Pros
Learning
Cons
Travel
Director was super nice and very flexiable
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Harwood Heights, ILOctober 11, 2017
Methode offers a wide variety of experience. The audit clients are always willing to listen to feedback and make improvements. The Director was willing to do the testing and walkthroughs, which I think shows great leadership.
Engineering company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 8, 2017
I was an office manager. I was responsible for upkeep of the office. Handled travel for business partners. Maintenance for office equipment as well as ordering of office supplies. Weekly documenting for contract employees
Pros
Everything the company had to offer
Cons
I really didn't have any issues. Wonderful place to work
Busy work, made the time go fast.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILAugust 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at Methode through the years, I like incentive work but they moved our lines to Mexico to save them money. Hard workplace culture. Great pay!
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Short breaks
Good job
Reason for leaving (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILJuly 23, 2017
Methode was an excellent place to work, climate controlled so it was always nice in the plant. There were places it could get pretty warm but it was still better than a lot of other places!
Stressful
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Carthage, ILFebruary 5, 2017
The lab area is stressful... I dont mind that, but lack of training is a big issue. 2 people quit before me and 2 quit after me. Thank God there is a weekend.
Cons
Stress, Lack of training
Midwest manufacturing company
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Very little opportunity for advancement. Limited on the job training. Average pay but good work life balance - 9-5 kind of place. Decent management team.
Very demanding but rewarding workplace
Systems Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 7, 2016
Low stress position,and good immediate manager. Great atmosphere, everyone gets along and upper management usually provides immediate assistance when requested. I have great coworkers, minor conflicts or personality differences are kept to themselves for the good of the group. The hardest part of the job is the inability to obtain and maintain any procedural structure from other departments, a lot of things are fix it as you go with no thought toward future negative implications. The best part is the people I work with and a lot of the field personnel that I interact with by phone and email, many of whom I have never actually met, but we work together to get things done!
Great pay and benefits but no job security because there were layoffs and an eventual complete shutdown
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILOctober 19, 2015
This job was a great way to support my family but it was not my dream job. It paid well with good benefits but was physically demanding. I had some awesome co-workers and made a lot of friends while I was there.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Lots of Hours and very physically demanding
great job easy and clean
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Harwood Heights, ILOctober 6, 2015
easy going place to work for. fun people to work with. super clean place. they give you opportunities to learn new stuff and work with you if you have any questions.
Methode Elecrtonics
Telecom Tech (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 4, 2015
Unpredictable hours and lack of loyalty from the management. The hiring process is like a revolving door. Wages are below average and benefits are not great, but if you have a strong technical background and manage to break into the inner circle you may experience success.
Pros
You will get regular paychecks if they have enough work to keep you around
Cons
If you are not upper managment you can expect, no breaks, 18 hour days and abusive work conditions. Frequent layoffs
Good people, good company
Financial Manager - Automotive Electronic Controls (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 22, 2015
I enjoy working at Methode. They have helped me work as a telecommuter. Most people are working from overseas facilities. They are a very high quality supplier of automotive components.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Most facilites are overseas
Quality Assurance and human resources
Supervisor, Rosie Houston (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILOctober 24, 2014
QA supervisor to check machines and car parts working with a deadline
Pros
great advancements in the company
Cons
Enjoyed working with my co-workers and loved making car parts
Parts Assembler (Former Employee) –  Golden, IllinoisSeptember 26, 2014
I met a lot of different people and made new friends. I enjoyed working with them. My job moved oversea or I would still be working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methode Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight