Methodist Children's Home Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Emotionally difficult but rewarding experience
Youth Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXMay 17, 2018
.Dispensed medications
Took students to community service activities
On Weekends,
-prepared student meals
-took students on extra curricular activitites
A fun family environment and an opportunity to help youth grow.
YCC (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 1, 2018
I have enjoyed working here and will continue to assist these youth as long as I can. The organization could be more effective if they asked for suggestions from the staff working hands on with the residents. Some of the greatest moments that come with the job is seeing the smiles you put on these kids faces. If you enjoying giving children hope this is the job for you.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, school assistance, and holiday bonus.
Cons
Doesn't listen to suggestions from hands on staff.
Horrible directors in outreach offices
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 13, 2018
This agency means well, but they lack in their directors abilities. There seems to be no accountability for the management, and it is dissappointing. The directors seem to be able to do whatever they want. They are not even there during normal business hours and choose to not work weekends. It is unfortunate to have unorganized and non present directors. They should be held on a higher bar and be required higher education in order to be a director. The agency lacks when it comes to their leadership.
Cons
Stressful, horrible work environment, and no accountability by the program admins
Great friendly environment
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 14, 2018
I loved working here they always made you feel like you wanted. I also like the fact that they made you feel like family. They also helped you with problems outside of the work place.
Very fast paced office, always busy
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2018
open office, update provider vacancies for DFPS website, process new foster child records if new placement, process new family services paperwork, answer phones, data entry, upload paperwork, budget, travel arrangements, car rentals, accounting, petty cash, process reimbursements for employees.
Pros
extended paid holidays
Cons
Poor communication and structure in office
Methodist Children's Home
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAFebruary 23, 2018
We care for families and children of Louisiana from all races, religions, and economic backgrounds. We provide a broad continuum of services which includes therapeutic foster care, intensive home-based services, out-patient counseling and intensive residential treatment services for children and families experiencing crises, emotional stress and relationship problems.
Productive and fun work place.
Lead Youth Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXFebruary 5, 2018
I loved working here. I loved seeing the residents as they changed. The hardest part of the job would be hearing about the reasons they were at MCH. I had no intentions of leaving, however, this campus was closed down.
Pros
Seeing the residents change
Cons
When residents parents wouldn't come to their special occassions.
Poor administration staff
Home Parent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Working with the boys at the ranch was great. It was the administration that left a lot to be desired. It is a pretty sad situation when the House Parents are not believed, yet the boys who are known liars are believed and give the houseparents a difficult time with no support from the Ranch Administration.
Pros
Work 7 days on/7 days off
Cons
Poor ranch administration, lack of support
Fun and loving place to work
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LADecember 17, 2017
The Methodist Children's Home is an fun and loving place to work, especially when the youth has respect for you an individual, It makes your shift flows easier and the staff is one big family and lovable people to work with.
Benefits
Cons
No breaks
fun workplace
Homeparent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 26, 2017
I very much enjoyed working for Methodist Childrens Home. The supervisor was very supportive. The other Home parents were a challenge. But the kids were very enjoyable.
Our three United Methodist children’s homes provide Louisiana’s most intensive, comprehensive and holistic residential care.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LASeptember 13, 2017
Pros
Cons
stress
Comfortable Work Environment
Childcare Counselor (Current Employee) –  Jackson MississippiAugust 9, 2017
Methodist is not a bad place to work for. Sometimes it's just hard not having any weekends off. I feel that they could possibly change that and maybe do a rotation for employees for the weekend that way everyone would at least get one weekend off.
Pros
Comfortable Work Environment
Cons
No Weekends Off
Great leadership and services in Outreach
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 31, 2017
Great place to work with good benefits. The leadership in Outreach really care about the clients and the employees. Flexible schedule and supportive team.
Pros
Christian environment, good leadership in Outreach
Cons
Exhausting work, CPS contract work
Overall Summary
Youth Care Couselor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 17, 2017
I learn to cook a lot of different meals from scratch. I learn to buget and manage the kitchen. It was also intriguing working with the youth teaching the basic cooking and cleaning skills.
Review
Child Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 7, 2017
A typical day at work consists of assisting clients with homework, chores and attending outside events. I have learned that it takes a great deal of understanding and patience to manage a home of young adult females. The management is very sensitive to their needs and responds quickly to their requests. The hardest part of the job was working with clients during times of resistence. the most enjoyable part was knowing that you made an impression on them.
Pros
Opportunity to mentor and affect youth lives.
Cons
Youth understanding of responsibility and acceptance of this trait.
Methodist Childrens Home
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 4, 2017
Great environment and really great staff of women. The pace is a bit slow for me but the work they have the structure for is really awesome. Getting to help people in significant ways!
Great place to learn
Child Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 25, 2017
I would recommend this job to persons who are looking to continue their education because they try and work with others. At this place I learned to work with different personalities and cultures.
Lovely place to work. Children were great.
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 24, 2017
Working and the Methodist Children's Home was 6 years of great enjoyment. EVERYONE at the home were very easy to work with and that was from the President to the cooks.
very tiresome
Childcare Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with the kids but the staff was not family based, it was a group home for chidren how was in need of a home. we acted as their parents.
Pros
seem like home
Cons
pay was very low
Im ready to start working at any time for this company!
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAMarch 29, 2017
I enjoy working with people its not anything that i cant do when it comes to communication...I speak well with other i also help encourage others when it comes to different situations. A typical day at work would be doing what i need to be doing even if the next person isnt which is my job. The hardest part of the job i think would be redirecting staff when they aren't tdoing theres making sure i do my part when it comes to working with others.