METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH

METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH Employee Reviews

United States90 reviews
Not a good company
Nepotistic, unsupportive, non responsive to staff who reach out to the point of ignoring those attempts.
Little practical training given. Field staff undervalued, underpaid and undersupported
Pros
The work is very emotional in the field but can ve very rewarding
Cons
Understaffed in the homes, One staff member to 10 troubled teens, on weekends and evenings was not sufficient, Often to the point of being dangerous, to self and others
Under paid over worked.
Under paid, over worked. Never fully staffed. No structure and no real support, a lot of things gets swept under the rug. No Management support. Thoughts and ideal never get heard out.
Not a safe environment
Clients are allowed to hit, kick, bite, shove, grab employees without any meaningful consequences. Employees are not backed up by management. There is constant turnover, with employees even leaving in the middle of a shift.
Pros
Decent pay. Love working with the clients. Job stability.
Cons
Physical assaults on a regular basis. No support from management.
Methodist family health
I would never recommend this job for anyone with a good heart, I was treated unfairly, and not giving time off when needed, but I think God for the job opportunity, but it’s time for a change
Salaries for therapists are not good. Professional environment at the Little Rock clinic is good.
In a lot of ways, this job was the perfect one for me when it comes to being fulfilling. I always felt that the management and staff were more than fair and supportive. It is an RSPMI provider lots of stress with that not for everyone. The only other complaint I have is that they underpaid and there are a few opportunities for advancement. This is why I left the company. Other than that it was a wonderful place to work
Pros
Supportive staff, good cohesion
Cons
Way under paid and few advancement opportunities. Being an RSPMI provider kinda sucks.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Not aways Fair to their employees
Not always fair to their employees. You work long hours and are not paid but for your 40 hours. They expect a lot from you and care less about there employees.
Good starter job
Not a long term job for you. Gained professional experience but was relieved to leave. The company does their best but are funded mostly by Medicaid dollars. Funds aren’t sufficient enough to make this kind of program successful.
Tough working environment for pay
Didn’t enjoy the work very much! Low pay for a negative work environment. The people in Charge were fairly supportive but really didn’t care about its employees needs so much.
Ridiculous turnover
In one year they had 4 different coordinators and 6+ office staff. Insurance was not active when it was supposed to be. Poor management from the top executives trickling down!
Horrible
Don't work here horrible place to work!!!! I worked 7am to 3pm and the co workers was rude and didn't tell you anything. Go find a different job other than this one 😂
Know what you’re getting into.
Working with the teens and their families can be very rewarding. My favorite part of the job was seeing improvement in some of our clients overtime.
As a therapist, I say know what you’re getting into because it can be a lot. The residential center holds 40 clients, and they have 2 therapists on staff. So, you’ll have approximately 20 clients. You’re expected to provide weekly individual therapy to your clients, and weekly group therapy to ALL clients. This will put you at 60 notes a week (20 individual and 40 group notes). Also, take into account time that will be spent for court reports, intakes, treatment plans, crisis interventions (a lot of those), contact with guardians, and the time you’ll spend doing therapy. They also want you to complete all notes within 24 hours of the service.

The clients are increasingly aggressive, but I can say I’ve only been in one altercation in almost 2 years.
Pros
Helping clients, family therapy, getting hours
Cons
Safety risk, poorly staffed, workload
Fair
Methodist Family Health offers inpatient psychiatric hospitalization for children ages 3 to 17; outpatient counseling clinics; grief counseling services; psychiatric residential treatment centers; therapeutic group homes; school-based counseling services; therapeutic day treatment programs for Kindergarten through 12th grades; a youth emergency shelter; and Arkansas Centers for Addictions Research, Education and Services for mothers struggling with both substance abuse and a mental health issue.
Productive Work Place
Productive Work Place, I loved it very much, I enjoyed working with the clients and being there to help them as much as possible. Followed a strict point system.
No compensation for work
Working 16 hours a day for 7 days with a group of behaviorally struggling juveniles was a test of itself, but when you call on management and they have no solution for you.
Overworked and Underpaid. Not recommended for those who are passionate about working with children
For more detail, please read entire post. For a summary, read TL;DR.

TL;DR-If your passion is to work with troubled youth or children in general, if you want a job that has reasonable hours with reasonable pay and good and reasonable benefits, if you want to be in an environment that is supportive, ethical, fair, professional, and safe, then allow me to exaggerate and say METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH IS NOT THE PLACE TO GO!

At the time of my tenure with Methodist, specifically the Methodist Children's Home division, I have learned much and witness many banes to working for this company. I will say two positive aspects to this job were the occasional co-workers who were empathetic to me and supported me, and the other were the youth. As challenging and "very" trying as the youth were, I do not take my time with them for granted. The youth made it worth working, especially after witnessing two high school graduates at the beginning and end of my time at Methodist. The few co-workers who were before me were supportive as we shared the same grievances and discontentment over our work area. It was good to have that support system, and I am grateful for that to this day. I still keep in touch with one present employee and almost all the past ones.

Now for the bad and ugly.

Management- Unprofessionally disorganized at the worst times, plays favorites with certain employees, upper management is virtually useless in fully resolving issues, has high demands for the teaching parents who are the backbone of this company but almost no protection for them, the pay was inadequate, especially
 - more...
Pros
The youth, the few empathetic co-workers
Cons
Management, Inadequate Pay, Little to no time off, Safety hazards, lack of Organization, unethical methods, biased supervisors, lack of communication, and everything else basically
Nurses are treated horribly
No nurse manager for over a year so there is no one to advocate for the nursing team. Management does not care about nursing at all. They hire and fire nurses over any little thing and do not show any appreciation. Nurses are disposable to management. There is very little training on the job and you are thrown to the wolves. Orientation does not go over anything for nursing. Doctors are very rude to work with and do not hesitate to make you feel stupid. You are required to take a week on call at a time.
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Management, high census for nursing
The worst place I have ever worked!!!!
The worst and most dangerous place I have ever worked! Staff gets hit daily!
There are only 3 bathrooms and 4 kids to one bedroom on one hall which of course triggers violence and aggression with the clients. The kids of all ages share a hall. DON'T GO TO WORK HERE!!!!!! Your life and safety will be in danger!

No Job security either!!!! They will over work you and when you become sick from it they fire you!
Pros
Over time pay is extremely good.
Cons
You may die!
Great Place to Expand skills
This is a great place to expand your skill set if you are interested in any field: nursing, teaching, public health, HIM, activities department.......
Stressful work place,if you looking to do housekeeping this is not the place to do it at !!!!!!!!
Most dirtiest company ever !you would be better off at maumelle hospital fimore I wouldn’t recommend to work especially in the housekeeping department the bosses do not know how to treat their employees,it’s bad enough there’s little work to do especially for full time in my opinion they should just have it for part time ,they have you do the same thing over and over again when you already done it for example wipe down things that’s already clean there will be most days you have to literally move slow to have some work to do between your breaks and after lunch it’s not a fast pace job .The supervisor she may seem like she’s the nicest lady but when you actually working with her it’s another’s story you will know it’s her she hums all the time and claims she’s a Christian woman but she’s sure don’t act like it !trust me !and then there there’s the big boss over her he’s very rude and unprofessional and racist they treat people different because of their age and race. Then there’s the boss over him They are unappreciative ,most housekeepers work they butts off and even goes out their way to make sure the facility is clean and nobody gives anybody compliments for doing a good job they want you to be fully dedicated to your job they get attitudes when you request a day off or miss a day or have anything important to do they are not understanding!they talk about you to other people but smile in your face I feel like this company is just very unprofessional and I wouldn’t waist my time !It burns the supervisor soul when she sees you laughing and having a good time while working - more...
Pros
You get attached to some of the kids, Pto
Cons
Short breaks, no overtime, little to no raises
Great work place
I worked for Methodist Hospital and typical day at work could be anything but overwhelming. My job consist of driving students to taking them to Counseling.
Pros
Learning to work with at risk youth
Cons
Longer work hours
never work there ever!
Basically, very poor management; a lack of respect for ethical standards especially when it came to ACA's code of ethics. No regard for protecting employees. Frequently fired professionals as a way to scape goat problems within company. I am uncertain how management is now but apply for a position with them at your own risk!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6