METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH Employee Reviews

School-based benefit but little support for MHPP's.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARDecember 8, 2018
Great kids in need but the staff gossip a lot and there is a high turnover of MHPP. It is better to get more educated than to stay at the MHPP level. The therapists also seem to really care about the kids, but the company itself is a non-profit and really does not give raises or bonuses.
Pros
Great kids and some drama so one is never bored
Cons
No raises, high turnover, lack of support and respect
Horrible place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 26, 2018
Would not recommend this job for anyone. The main reason for working here is for the children yet they are at the bottom of the list just above the employee's which are diffinanly at the bottom. Very few regular full time staff no consistency or structure moral very low due to very poor and uncaring management. Children suffer the most.
Pros
Some caring staff
Horrible Environment!!
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2018
The people in the administrative offices are cut-throat and gossipy! They will spread anything and everything about anyone to anyone who will listen. They stab each other in the back and anyone else who comes in there. They spend a lot of time gossiping in the bathroom. It's a very uncomfortable place.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Gossipy staff who spreads lies about other employees.
Dreaful to come to work
Lead Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 14, 2018
Typical day awful
What learned was to document everything and print out all emails
Management Nepotism if you're not apart on the Altom family No promotions
I enjoyed resigning from this company
Pros
NOTHing
Unethical, poor management
School Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 18, 2018
I was an MHP for MFH in a local school. The principle did not want to deal with one of the kids and wanted him assessed to try to get him placed in-patient. The kid did not meet criteria to be sent off and to please the school we were under contract with, they wanted me to embellish the facts to get this kid sent off. I refused. I found myself fired soon after.
Pros
Working with kids, pay
Cons
Managment
Poor Management
Specialized Teaching Parent (Former Employee) –  Magnolia, ARDecember 27, 2017
The youth are the best part of the job but staff and management are messy
The hardest part of the job is not having a supervisor that takes out time to make sure you are properly trained and the supervisor's lack of responding back to issues.
Pros
Being an example to the youth
Cons
poor management, no room for advancement
Good workplace
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2018
Methodist family Heath is one of the places where children and adolescents and their families go to help. Some of them are helped and other may have fell by the wayside. Other than that with the help of the direct care staff, Methodist is an overall good workplace.
Pros
Staff and helping clients
Cons
Sometimes you don't have time for breaks
Heart Breaking
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bono, AR 72416June 10, 2018
A typical day at work was spent praying nothing bad happened on my shift. The older kids had no respect for the workers and taught the younger kids bad things. The facility needed a major cleaning. I spent most days with terrible anxiety which I never had till I worked there. This job is not for the faint of heart.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
scary!!
School based program
Mental Health Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 22, 2018
School based program that was located in the public school. Allowed MHPP to meet with the kids outside of academic curriculum to work on social improvement and mentoring
I did not have a good time working there.
Behavior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 14, 2018
I worked the night shift, and the environment was not comfortable the building was extremely cold or hot depending on the weather outside. Also, the company was not up to date on how the employees could be more efficient in completing their job duties.
Loved this job !
Behavior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 18, 2018
Loved this job ! I was a M.H.P.P at at school and loved every bit of it.The staff worked together and were supportive. Management was supportive also. The team work was a great collaboration.
Pros
School holidays off
Cons
Don't ruin your life over this JOB!
BI (Former Employee) –  Little RockMay 21, 2015
My experience working her was not a good one.

1. You don't document the way you work. you work 7 on 7 off but you don't document like that.

2. The kids can hit you spit on you what ever they want, nothing will be done. You will have kids saying that they are going to kill you everyday.

3. Management will tell you not to do something then tell you to do it, then tell you that you may get fired if you do or don't do it.

4. This is a job where the children can and will tell someone that you are hitting them and not feeding them. DHS will open an investigation on you and you could possibly be put on the child maltreatment registry. I know of two people who work for Methodist and was put on the child maltreatment registry. Will you be next! Then no job will hire you.

Working with SOME of the kids who are just in a bad position because of the parents was great.
Methodist Family Health
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72205March 17, 2018
The rate of pay here is not conducive to the cost of living. The work environment is unsafe at times due to the behavior of the served population. There is a lack of employee engagement with this organization, which causes a high turn over rate with employment and retention.
Rewarding work
Alternate Teaching Parent (Former Employee) –  Lexa, ARFebruary 16, 2018
Working for MFH was great in the beginning. However, new staff took over and everything changed. The rules were only enforced based on who was doing what. The pay was decent however ALL of your time was spent at work. I literally worked days at a time with no break. The supervisors are for themselves. I appreciate what the company taught me however I'm pleased to no longer be apart of their staff.
Pros
overtime
Cons
lack of staff, support, and free time
The place I wanted to retire from
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 19, 2012
This is a company that offered me what I was looking for in a career. The work they do is very important to the community and very much needed. It is a stable company that has great benefits. I am not one to sit around and twittle my thumbs all day,I have to keep busy and there is always work to be done. I have learned so much about Medicaid and Commerical billing but there is so much that I still do not know and I am striving to learn. Most of my co-workers have become family to me. The hardest part of my job is trying to gain that extra knowledge that I want and need. I have no problem with asking questions if I don't know something but when you are put on hold for months before you get a response or when you have to figure it out on your own through trial and error, it can get a bit exhausting. I have no problem with aquiring information and knowledge on my own. I would rather take matters into my own hands and except responsibility for the results, which more often than not, turn out to be pretty good. What I enjoy most is the work load and the challenges that come with the job. Just knowing that the small contribution I make on the job is helping to make a difference in the community.
No advancement opportunities, No professional development
Billing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2017
The atmosphere is very strained at the administrative offices of Methodist. The gossip is rampant and everyone is on edge. There is no advancement opportunity available and no professional development is in place.
Pros
Small company run by family
Cons
No advancement, no professional development, low pay
Some really good folks...
Utilization Review Tech (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 8, 2018
I held several roles with the agency as I went back to school. My supervisors were great about working around my schedule or shifting me into a different position in order to accommodate school. The one drawback is that the better you are at your job, the more you're expected to do while someone in a lateral position may do less and less.
What a joke
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bono, ARJanuary 18, 2018
If you like getting attacked by kids and supervisors not helping you out, then I guess this the place for you to be at! You can call for help but no one will come. The supervisors like to hide in their office until the storm has calm down and then they want to act like an high mighty god.... Don't waste your time on this place.
Pros
You get to make friends with your co-workers
awful place to work
School Based Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 21, 2017
Did not care about employees. Selfish backstabbing people.
Would not recommend working at this company. Benefits are not good. They take advantage of you and never give you any praise.
Drama, sprinkled with bits of being physically attacked
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 28, 2017
You work with behaviorally challenged youth. They curse at you and physically attack you. You must be trained to defend yourself. Management are dating each other and get away with murder. They hold a double standard for the rest of the staff and don't care what happens on other shifts. Shifts are constantly left short staffed and no one cares, leaving you in dangerous and vulnerable situations. Upper salaried management are supposed to fill in in these circumstances when they are on call but instead leave town. State violations are done daily and when reported they just shrug it off. As long as you don't make waves they leave you alone but will fire you in a second and without warning for any reason. You also run the risk of having a child maltreatment case against you if you restrain a client the wrong way, even if they were the ones attacking you.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Putting up with physcially aggressive and disrespectful kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8