Methodist Health System Employee Reviews

Featured review
Methodist Health System selected this as a representative review
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse - Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 26, 2018
Great leadership with great vision in place. This is a magnet facility and it shows. Nurses and the nursing process are key to every project and improvement.
CT/X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2018
This is a very large 1500 bed hospital with a large trauma center emergency room. In CT we did in patients, out patients, ER patients, and trauma patients. Methodist was always the first hospital to do new and advanced procedures like cardiac cine scans, arterial scans, and 3D scans. A very professional hospital with some room for advancement.
Busy and understaffed
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2018
Over worked. Not paid for experience or hard work. High work load. A lot of great coworkers. Wonderful doctors to work with, scheduling changes beyond the hired hours.
Pros
Free lunches, holidays and weekendsoff, close to home
Cons
A lot of missed lunch breaks. Too much work load per person. No appreciation shown from management
Fast paced work environment
ER Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2018
A typical day at work consists of a fast paced, roller coaster, multi cultural environment. Management at this time is great as they try to reach out to us by listening and assisting with our daily issues and providing the proper tools to make our job easier. The hardest part is death because it brings sadness and that is one thing I can't stop. The most enjoyable is assisting someone that does not speak english understand what is going on though it cannot change the situation it can help calm them.
great company to work for
Nursery, RN (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 2, 2018
Very friendly and communicative. All staff must go through training which is clear and concise. It is always very clear each employees expectations for job completion.
Love my co-works my second family management can do better
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2018
Management not fair don't have your back when you need them. Been their 28yrs first year you see who management true color I do multiple jobs but get paid 1 salary.
Pros
Team work, family and friends
Cons
Healthcare
Safe place to work
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 27, 2018
Methodist is a great place to work and you can always move up to a better position . The only thing I'm not happy about is the pay I think the need to increase the pay.
The greatest work family
Pathology Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 27, 2018
We, as a whole system, love each other as if we were family. Everyone here will always make you feel important. We work together as a team and know that each roll in this hospital is important. There is no one here that will say one department supports this system because we know that every department is what makes Methodist the number one health care system.
Pros
acknowledgment for your achievements
Cons
insurance is a bit of a drag
Fun place to work.
Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2018
Management and co-workers were great! Would love to work there someday. Temporary assignment. Learned alot about Kidney and Liver transplant. The hardest part was leaving.
Loved it
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 24, 2018
I loved working at Methodist but was working at two different places and had to choose one. I have nothing but good things to say and I would work for them again in heartbeat.
Hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2018
Co workers fun to work with . Hours awesome
Always had proper supplies needed to perform ones work . Supervisor always helpful. Their were good listeners.learned a lot here .
Pros
Hours
Cons
Gossip
Best place to work, sad I relocated away from here
Health Informaticist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2018
Grass is not greener!!

I relocated out of state and man do I miss working at Methodist.

Yes it has it's quirks like all jobs but the relationships that you build here and the people as so genuine.

You don't find this many places. I really miss it.

Leadership made some great honest changes in the time I was there and they realized change was needed and they changed with the team.

Dr. Kenjarski is a great leader and Methodist is very lucky to have him. Charismatic leader that you want in your organization.
Pros
Leadership, friendships, management, pay
Cons
long hours can lead to burn out if you don't have a good work life balance
Cut Throat
LMSW/ Care Transition Navigator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2018
Upper leadership not involved. Everyone does what they want. No real leadership. Lack of support from upper leadership. High risk so a lot of risky and cut-throat type, blaming situations daily.
Pros
my immediate supervisor was great.
great place
NICU RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2018
enjoy my colleagues and my sweet patients. a little top heavy as far as management but they are all great people and very helpful, workplace culture is inviting and I've learned so much from other nurses
Workplace culture
Resource Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 31, 2018
MHS has been a blessing to my family. A great health organization dedicated to the community and patient care. Organization has supported me from secretary to MSN.
My position at Methodist Dallas Medical Center
RN on Mother Baby Unit and Newborn nursery (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2018
I was an employee at Methodist Dallas Medical Center for three years in which my position was on the mother/baby unit and consisted of 36 beds. I worked 3, 12 hour shifts per week and typically had 3-4 couplets depending on the acuity. I also worked as a newborn transition nurse on the labor and delivery unit. The best part of the job for me were the patients and peers. MDMC has a diverse culture in patients and staff which I feel is important in todays work setting. I really can't say there was anything I found hard about this position because the management team supported the Nurses so well. MDMC was one of the best positions I have ever held in my career and the reason for leaving is that we relocated out of the area otherwise I predict I would still be at this great place.
Pros
Great Management, outstanding co-workers
Excellent and supportive
Speech Language Pathologist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2018
Highly recommend. Locations throughout DFW with supportive and collaborative team. High quality and ethical care provided. Competitive compensation.
Nice people on floors /Upper Mgmnet clueless
Assisting nurses (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 27, 2018
You are only valued as a body to fill shoes on a floor. Upper MGMNT fills the need to use budgetary wants with under utilizing staff to meet budget wants. To many patients and not enough staff for patient safety.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
low wages
good place to work
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2018
good place to work with opportunity to advance.

culture can be mixed between nights and days.
teamwork is best at nights. good collaboration between doctors and staff.
Full Time Critical Care RN
Registered Nurse ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 24, 2018
2:1 patient ratios
opportunities to learn new skills (CRRT, IABP, cardiac nursing)
career advancement
ability to obtain certifications
flexible job availability
Only The Best
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2018
Great place to work.
Medical Surgical Unit.
Very Fast paced.
Friendly Doctors and Specialties.
Great Collaboration of teams to Nurse ratio.
Trustworthy environment.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight