Methodist Health System Employee Reviews

Featured review
Methodist Health System selected this as a representative review
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse - Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 26, 2018
Great leadership with great vision in place. This is a magnet facility and it shows. Nurses and the nursing process are key to every project and improvement.
Cut Throat
LMSW/ Care Transition Navigator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2018
Upper leadership not involved. Everyone does what they want. No real leadership. Lack of support from upper leadership. High risk so a lot of risky and cut-throat type, blaming situations daily.
Pros
my immediate supervisor was great.
great place
NICU RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2018
enjoy my colleagues and my sweet patients. a little top heavy as far as management but they are all great people and very helpful, workplace culture is inviting and I've learned so much from other nurses
Workplace culture
Resource Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 31, 2018
MHS has been a blessing to my family. A great health organization dedicated to the community and patient care. Organization has supported me from secretary to MSN.
My position at Methodist Dallas Medical Center
RN on Mother Baby Unit and Newborn nursery (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2018
I was an employee at Methodist Dallas Medical Center for three years in which my position was on the mother/baby unit and consisted of 36 beds. I worked 3, 12 hour shifts per week and typically had 3-4 couplets depending on the acuity. I also worked as a newborn transition nurse on the labor and delivery unit. The best part of the job for me were the patients and peers. MDMC has a diverse culture in patients and staff which I feel is important in todays work setting. I really can't say there was anything I found hard about this position because the management team supported the Nurses so well. MDMC was one of the best positions I have ever held in my career and the reason for leaving is that we relocated out of the area otherwise I predict I would still be at this great place.
Pros
Great Management, outstanding co-workers
Excellent and supportive
Speech Language Pathologist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2018
Highly recommend. Locations throughout DFW with supportive and collaborative team. High quality and ethical care provided. Competitive compensation.
Nice people on floors /Upper Mgmnet clueless
Assisting nurses (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 27, 2018
You are only valued as a body to fill shoes on a floor. Upper MGMNT fills the need to use budgetary wants with under utilizing staff to meet budget wants. To many patients and not enough staff for patient safety.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
low wages
good place to work
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2018
good place to work with opportunity to advance.

culture can be mixed between nights and days.
teamwork is best at nights. good collaboration between doctors and staff.
Full Time Critical Care RN
Registered Nurse ICU/CCU (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 24, 2018
2:1 patient ratios
opportunities to learn new skills (CRRT, IABP, cardiac nursing)
career advancement
ability to obtain certifications
flexible job availability
Only The Best
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2018
Great place to work.
Medical Surgical Unit.
Very Fast paced.
Friendly Doctors and Specialties.
Great Collaboration of teams to Nurse ratio.
Trustworthy environment.
Cons
overall
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2018
Great place to start a career. There was great team. I learned a lot from the more seasoned employees. they were great. My manager was very understanding.

Want to know more about Methodist Health System?

Ask a question
Excellent company that cares about your personal and educational advancement
ONCOLOGY STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2018
Employed at Methodist for a number of years and have no intention of leaving. A typical day at work involves a patient to nurse ratio of 4-5 with co-workers who are eager to assist you should you get behind. I have spent the entirety of my professional career with Methodist and have learned everything I've ever known about nursing from them. Management is friendly and approachable and you are encouraged to participated in self governance with our unit based councils. Workplace culture is one that encourages personal and educational advancement. The hardest part of my job involves the occasional ill mannered, violently confused, or addiction patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is providing education and training to patients and new nurses.
Pros
Good patient to nurse ratio, friendly co-workers, approachable management
Cons
Poor health insurance
Competative and productive
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  8511 W Dodge RoadJuly 16, 2018
I could average 70-100 calls per day. I learned about changes to patients insurance. Our management team was open to suggestions. The hardest part of the job was reassuring irate patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was educating Medicare patients on their covered benefits and being told thank you.
Pros
Pto sell backs
Cons
cross training oppertunities with other departments
Do not work here
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2018
Methodist is an environment that works off of the management beliefs and not Methodist policy and procedures. You will get fired if your manager has a personal dislike towards you.
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Medical Staff Coordinator (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part is the comradery in the office. It makes work easier and enjoyable. I truly enjoy the work environment I am in at Methodist Health System.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Insufficient Training / Direction
what I know
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 11, 2018
Could use some education regarding Work VS family/home life.
Not very understanding when it comes to balancing family and work.
Also need to consider a part time program so employees can return to school and not have to quit their jobs to improve their lives.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my job, But they need a little help with compassion
Pros
Attached to Hospital
Cons
No breaks
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2018
Very great for learning as a new nursing grad with the various patient population you will see at Methodist Dallas Medical Center. Leadership is outstanding.
Child Passenger Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 5, 2018
Nice place to work. I learned to work together. Management was always helpful. Workplace culture was never brought up. Down side is the soon to be father's tried to flirt regardless of the presence of their wife.
Pros
staff meeting after classes and training
Cons
working in inclement weather.
It was my job
Emergency Medicine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 4, 2018
Therefore I did it to the best of my ability each and every day and some times on many an extra day as well. No complaints regarding my time here nor do I have any particular highlights
Clinical Experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
Enjoyed my clinical experience at Methodist. You were able to see/work in several departments and got a lot of hands-on experience. Nurses were very helpful
Work place environment togetherness/team work:
Surgical Technologist II Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75237June 26, 2018
A typical day at work is staying focused on the scheduled surgeries. Ensuring the proper equipment is placed in the room for the betterment of patient care. After equipment is properly in place, I scrub in an set up my back table and a surgical count is performed with a circulating nurse.I typically, assistant on three to four cases aday, if am not in plastic surgery of the robot room. But I must say, the hardest part of my job is assisting on AV fistulas and getting up for overnight call.
Honestly, management try their best to see that not only the patients needs are met but, that the employees get breaks and lunchbreaks.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am consistantly learning and aiding in helping enhance the lifes' of others, as I observe, help circulate or participate. In addition to, working in sterile processing as a wrapper, assembling and peel packing.

My job as a tech, tempary unit clear or assembler is rewarding.
Pros
I love the hours and the 401K plan
Cons
I dislike working overnight call.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight