Methodist Health System Employee Reviews

Featured review
Methodist Health System selected this as a representative review
Great Place to work
Registered Nurse - Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 26, 2018
Great leadership with great vision in place. This is a magnet facility and it shows. Nurses and the nursing process are key to every project and improvement.
Teaching hospital willing to teach new grads
Certified Childbirth Educator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2018
Good teaching hospital alway willing to educate staff. Breaks were valued. Respected employees at the department I worked at. Valued contributions of their employees
Pros
Valued Breaks
Cons
low compensation
Na
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 13, 2018
My experience with MRMC was great! I was able to interact with patients, nurses, PCTs, and physicians. My foundation was built and encouraged by health cares finest nurses!
Fast paced
Admissions Representative ER (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 10, 2018
Enjoyed working in a fast paced environment which changed constantly. The staff was always helpful and team work was a plus. Enjoyed providing customer service to the patients and helping the get the clarification they required.
Best place to work
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Level II) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2018
Support and provide a good working environment. Treat everyone equal and with employees

Its a great place to work. Staff is great as long as things stay clean and orderly your job is secure. time is derfinetly a big deal here. You sometimes deal with difficult situation so you have to be thick skinned.
Pros
All in all the employees got along well. Lots of harmony for a place that was as busy as it was.
Cons
The parking is expensive
November 15, 2018

Thank you for giving us insight into your work experience! We're thrilled that you're happy at Methodist and feel like there is harmony in your department. It's our goal for our staff to feel supported and like one big family.

Best place to work at, with family based co workers.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2018
Enjoy every moment working here. Love the family I’ve gained from patients, co workers, and staff. It’s been a meaningful experience, and hope to grow from this.
First Real Job
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 30, 2018
I didn't have much experience when I worked in this position. I did learn a lot and the benefits were out of this world. The medical field is very different.
Overall it is a good place to work
Operating Room Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 28, 2018
Great place to gain experience. Good benefits offered. Call is required. Usually 8, 10 and 12hour shifts available. Can be difficult to take time off due to staffing issues.
Pros
Average PTO accrual, compensation is good
Cons
Constantly short-staffed, favoritism
November 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate hearing from you and are so glad that you're enjoying your experience at Methodist. If you would like to discuss your thoughts on staffing or any other concerns, we're listening. Please email us at hrcareer@mhd.com.

The job is very simple
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2018
They really don’t make you do much. You work 5 days a week. You might have to work weekends. The uniforms you wear is scrubs. The time you go in is 7:00 to 3:30.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Working weekends
Good learning experience
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 27, 2018
I learned about medical and coding. Great place to work and grow in every way. Great benefits and a nice place to be.............................................
Great working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 24, 2018
I greatly enjoyed my working environment. I had a long time working here and enjoye my coworkers. I’m a team player. I enjoy a good working environment.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 24, 2018
My position here was as a volunteer. It was very educational and I enjoyed being there. Highly recommend for someone looking to service hours for school.
I only worked the hospital pool
Licensed Vocational Nurse - Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2018
Good place to work, and learn. Have a very good training program for nursing, good benefits. Great place to increase your nursing skill. An employer that cares about it staff.
over was a sucess
Patient Services Representative (PSR Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 23, 2018
Every day was a new challenge but had a good team support and was valued as a employee. Growth and new techniques and most enjoyable part of the day was close out
Retail Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2018
My day starts out very fast paced and doesn't slow down until my shift is over. The hardest part of the job is finding qualified candidates to fill the hourly positions. I do love most of the staff that is there in place now. We need better management to bring this department together.
November 1, 2018

Thank you for your input. We're so glad that you think Methodist is a great place to work. Our goal is to ensure that you feel supported and heard. If you would like to discuss your ideas to bring the department together, we're listening. Please email us at hrcareer@mhd.com.

Great place to work and learn
RN Staff Nurse NCCU and Swat nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2018
Methodist is the first place I worked at out of school as a nurse. I feel their residency program prepared me well to be on my own as a new RN. They continually offer educational programs to help increase your knowledge as an RN. I would work here again given the opportunity and will be sad to leave when I move for family reasons.
November 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience about your journey at Methodist, especially about how our residency and continuing education programs helped you develop in your career. We're sad to hear that you'll be leaving us, but we wish you the very best in your next endeavor!

staff only
Texas Active Staff (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2018
Staff privileges only. Admitting and treating. I currently do not admit patients, I am office based at this time. I have remained on the staff for 40 years
Typical hospital, great location
RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
Some thing I didn’t like was the parking garage and parking lot shuttle. Long commute to work during busy traffic hours. Fun city otherwise. Busy hospital which is great for getting your hours in as wanted
Good people to work with
Sr. PC Tech (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2018
Everyday brings a new challenge and new ideas.
Enjoy finding solutions to new and unusual problems.

Workplace culture is good and very family oriented.
Pros
Dallas campus has a fitness and wellness gym/program
Cons
Other campuses dont have training facilities that i know off
October 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We love to think of our employees as family so we are thrilled that’s how you feel. Methodist is also committed to helping our employees improve their health by moving more, lowering their cholesterol, losing weight, quitting smoking, and eating fresh. We have fitness centers at Methodist Dallas and Methodist Charlton.

I worked at Methodist Medical Center in Dallas over 20 years
Staff Nurse in Womens/Childrens (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
Methodist is Dallas was the first RN job I was employed at. I worked with Postpartum, Newborn & shared care for well over 20 years. During my employment, our shared care floor also took care of high risk pregnancys--I worked with high risk antepartums for approximately 5 years
Pros
fast paces work enviroment
Cons
12 hour shifts, added responsibilitys are common
October 19, 2018

Wow, what a long career! Thank you for your input and for such a long tenure with Methodist. We’re so glad you chose to work at Methodist and that you enjoyed your work experience! Best wishes in your future endeavors

Good Healthcare field
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2018
I love their charge nurse, supervisor.. They are so wonderful.
I learn a lots skills for take care patients in there.
Their management system so great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight