Methodist Health System Employee Reviews

Featured review
Methodist Health System selected this as a representative review
Great atmosphere.
Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2019
One of the good things of working in the OR at Methodist was that you always knew what to do and there was always something to do. Doctors and staff are always willing to teach you what they're doing. The hardest part of my job was dealing with circumstances that I couldn't control. For example, dealing with changes in systems and people not being ok with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help doctors and nurses with bringing certain necessities to the OR.
job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALFebruary 13, 2019
great staff employees overrall environmant great pay and benefits
so great really staff employees overrall very environmant great pay and benefits
really great
Consistent, scheduling is done well!
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 11, 2019
12 hour shifts so full time is three shifts a week, they do their scheduling months in advance so you'll know when you have particular days off. Always a need for the workers to cover shifts.. sometimes at a moment's notice day or night.
Positive Work and Educational Environment
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Methodist Health System engages a diverse work environment while offering cutting edge educational opportunities through their ACPE sanction Continuing Pastoral Education program. The management staff is devoted to the betterment of each intern and resident who participate in the program. I am a much more informed and skilled care provider due in great part to my time with this company.
February 7, 2019

Thank you for your 5-star review! Engaging a diverse work environment while focusing on our employees' career growth is what we're all about. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Not transparent and not honest
Nursing Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75237January 24, 2019
Staff nurses will do great. Great place for shift work. Management is not trust worthy. They brag on transparency but it is a culture of dog eat dog once you enter management
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Management not honest
Pres-Ganey reviews are misleading. Dissatisfied customers respond more frequently than satisfied. That is MY feeling.
Clinical Outcomes Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2019
President of hospital, Fran Leukaitis is extremely helpful to her staff. Her door is always open for communication.

I must say that I am Methodist proud and I had wonderful experiences and opportunities while working with physicians and staff.
Pros
Benefits offered
Cons
Challenging culture of many patients
February 7, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so glad that you've had wonderful experiences and that you're #MethodistProud!

Great
Materials Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 21, 2019
Received trucks everyday. Computer work everyday. Use of pallet jack. Put up stock everyday. Great teamwork and great work environment. Great place to work for and great staff.
Nice Work Place
AR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2019
Good company. Great staff and management. Wonderful opportunity. Learned alot of new skills. Good benefits. Flexible schedule. Great location. Work environment.
February 7, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! Hearing from people like you help us to better understand how our employees feel about their work experience at Methodist. We are thrilled that you're enjoying yours.

Ok place to work , nothing special
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Poor management within the central billing office . They micromanage their employees and treat employees like they are children. Schedules are not flexible , there are no paid holidays, you have to use your own PTO for holidays, there is no team morale or team building and the pay is sub par compared to other hospitals. Job is easy but the environment is stressful due to management.
January 25, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We know that caring for and celebrating our employees makes us a better organization. That's why our benefits are robust and include wellness, health, dental, vision, a matched retirement plan, paid time off (PTO), a PTO buyback program, among many more. For example, new employees receive 180 PTO hours a year. Based on an 8-hour day, that translates into 22.5 PTO days which is 4.5 days above industry standards according to the 2017 Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Customized Paid Leave Benchmarking Report. In addition, Methodist is distinctly recognized as a 2018 Healthiest 100 employers in the nation.

The salary package for PRN chaplain is still the lowest among the healthcare providers within Dallas/Fort worth.
PRN Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2019
The hospital rarely call PRN chaplain and if they do, it's competitive within the number of the PRN chaplains. Overall, it's still a great place to work.
Pros
Healthy and conducive environment to work.
Cons
Low wages.
January 25, 2019

Thank you for your feedback -- we are listening! We're glad that you think Methodist is a healthy place to work. We constantly strive to stay competitive in the industry with our processes and benefits while continuing to serve our mission to improve and save lives through compassionate, quality healthcare. and the more they work, they more hours they accrue.

Teaching facility
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2018
Methodist prefers to promote within. You will usually meet someone that will take the time to give you extra training, so you may advance. Many of the best doctors are affiliated. The benefits are expensive to have, but definitely has improved in the 20 years that I was employed.
Pros
Relationships & constant learning
Cons
Can be quite political, short staffed
January 7, 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback! Promoting from within and nurturing long-term careers is what we’re all about. We are so happy you spent 20 years of your career with us. We wish you all the best.

I loved it!
ED Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 24, 2018
I really loved working here. Enjoyed my coworkers. My supervisor was great and I was treated very well. Anyone who is looking to start a position that this company just do your research and make sure you are a good fit
January 7, 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are thrilled you enjoyed your work experience with us and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

Family atmosphere, but you need to know who to be cautious of.
Team Leader Clinical Outcomes-Quality Management (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXDecember 21, 2018
Each hospital within the system functions a little differently and has serves different clientele. If you are an ambitious person who applies themselves and know the "right" people you can grow here.
Pros
Visible C-Suite leaders
Cons
To many micro-managers
N/a
RN (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 13, 2018
I liked working with the patient population. Administration was not supportive. The benefits were acceptable. The commute was hard because I had to drive on 635.
Pros
Beautiful place to work
Cons
administration
Average overal, but some good initiatives.
PRN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 11, 2018
Very secure. Good access and supply of needed equipment, resources. A little too much emphasis on whims of patients rather than clinically appropriate care.
The opportunity to be a part of welcoming a new life into the familly or providing emotional support to a struggling new mom or fearful family member pretty much trumps the less pleasant aspects.
Pros
Babies, Benefits
Cons
nurse patient ratio very inconsistent.
Nice environment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2018
Management could use some work or training. I enjoyed the work and area. The management was unstable and there were too much favoritism. But over all a great place to work and retire from.
Pros
Benefits, metro rail and
Backbitters
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 29, 2018
Nurses and Doctors alike are very demanding, and entitled to provide halfhearted truths about their interactions involving lower level employees.
The Pharmacy Director during my employment was very close knit with the HR department in order to validate wrong doings of employees based off of POLICY, which is used against you on corrective actions/discipline reports etc,..etc..
This particular department and hospital results in constant turnover because new hires are inadvertently put on an undercover/secret trial-probationary period.
Do NOT expect the truth from the Pharmacy Director or anyone else for that matter, when genuinely inquiring about legitimate feedback pertaining to your work performance because LIES will be told until enough evidence to discipline you is gathered in management's defense.
In return, employees are left defenseless unless documentation of all incidents are made starting with DAY one!
This was a sad and cruel work environment experience for myself and I hope the TRUTH helps when making a decision to work for this particular hospitals pharmacy department.
Have work for this company for last 15 years I think that tell all
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2018
Typical day as an RN on this company is busy but we can count on team work to achieve the best. I have learned to be patient and to delegate as well work as a team.
The culture in the company is to deliver the best care possible always committed to the health and wellbeing for the community.
Pros
Team work experience
Cons
Sometimes patient ratio
December 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our goal is for you to feel supported by your work family so we are thrilled that your experience reflects that.

Teaching hospital willing to teach new grads
Certified Childbirth Educator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 14, 2018
Good teaching hospital alway willing to educate staff. Breaks were valued. Respected employees at the department I worked at. Valued contributions of their employees
Pros
Valued Breaks
Cons
low compensation
Na
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 13, 2018
My experience with MRMC was great! I was able to interact with patients, nurses, PCTs, and physicians. My foundation was built and encouraged by health cares finest nurses!
November 30, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at Methodist and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Fast paced
Admissions Representative ER (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 10, 2018
Enjoyed working in a fast paced environment which changed constantly. The staff was always helpful and team work was a plus. Enjoyed providing customer service to the patients and helping the get the clarification they required.
November 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad that you enjoyed your work experience at Methodist. It's team members like you who make such a positive difference for each patient's experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight