METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM Employee Reviews

summary
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2019
Genuine, ambitious and people-driven company.
The company is really focused on providing the best customer support possible to both our clients and our job seekers. How does the company achieve this? By making sure each individual working is treated well and given every tool they need to be successful and the sentiment is real.
There is a genuine concern in making sure that everyone works smart towards maximizing individual impact over the client experience.
Impressive thus far.
overall methodist is a great place to work, however...
Laboratory Tech (Former Employee) –  Jourdanton, TXApril 16, 2019
Methodist South, in Jourdanton, needs work. Management is incredibly unhelpful, unsupportive, demeaning, etc. They could learn from the Methodist Syst.
A typical day at work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 15, 2019
You get what you put into it. You work hard staff and patient(s) appreciate you. You have room to grow within the company. Learning culture differences is something we need more practice, showing more kindness to our patients.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
kindness is something we need to have
Overwhelmed with patients
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 12, 2019
Good coworkers. But very poor management with no leadership. Upper management has no experience and knowledge of the patient population and how to implement proper healthcare.
Summer intership
Nursing Externship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2019
Methodist hospital was a summer internship that i tried over the summer break. I did not keep the job because I thought they did not pay me enough to travel long distance and there was no free parking for staff.
Pros
small community hospital
Cons
no parking
Great place to work with fun coworkers & understanding boss!
Neuro Technician (Former Employee) –  Merrillville/Gary INApril 9, 2019
I loved my job as neurology/cardiology technician. Some of the aspects of the job were stressful but that's common in a hospital setting. Losing a patient & dealing with those who are extremely ill is not easy, but worthwhile. My boss, at the time I worked there was very understanding of our family lives & if needed, generous with time off or working around the hrs you needed. My coworkers were some of the best people I have ever worked with. We helped each other when our patient load was low. It was a great place to work & I would highly recommend it!
Pros
Understanding management, fun yet professional coworkers, flexible work schedule when needed.
Cons
Working with gravely ill patients, & watching them suffer, is never easy. I always treated my patients as I would want my family treated.
Vocational Nursing
LVN Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 8, 2019
I am truly appreciative to have worked there for almost 5 years. I WILL ALWAYS GIVE THE RED CARPET TREATMENT. IT was taught to me at Remington Medical.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work place
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 8, 2019
It was a good place to work. I just the starting pay is not good enough. I enjoyed my co workers they were great to work with we worked well together.
diversity work enviroment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAApril 6, 2019
diversity work environment. supportive superior. multicultural. organized and efficient management. the most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to interact with patients from different culture, background, learning from coworkers
Pros
na
Cons
na
Specific to Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
Imaging Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2019
I learned to interact with a large variety of personalities. Staff in all areas, physicians in all specialties. Learned how to get the most out of all of the above.
The hardest part of the job was motivating staff to work well together. It was also the most enjoyable, having the ability to mold the culture of the department to provide the best possible care at all times.
i enjoyed the job
Certified/Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNMarch 31, 2019
worked only on the weekends worked 24 and got paid for 40 the only therapist on night shift was tough at times had to learn to prioritize situations quickly
fun and friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 25, 2019
No day is the same. I really enjoy talking to a lot of people throughout the day. From different walks of life. The skills and knowledge the received from several offices is wonderful. I can honestly say you learn something everyday. I really enjoy working here.
Pros
Stability and continuing learning
Cons
To far from home.
very fast past
Patient care unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2019
A typical at the Methotist is very fast, i learn to move fast and dont complain, Management is so busy u dont see them that often. its a non stop hospital where u donttake alot of break and u be late on ur breaks because it be hard to get someone to come to relieve u. the most enjoyable part of the job is ur helping to save someone life, or help relieve someone pain.
Pros
Help others
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks
Methodist
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2019
Busy, fast paced, attention to details, multi-tasking, always doing four things at once.
The work atmosphere is pressure to get things done but the coworkers are fun to work with and breaks up the intense and busy days.
Multi diversified, liked to to work with others from different back grounds.
It was a good place to work at first, we had a recognition cook out every year. There were training days that we had to attend each year.
Staff Nurse, Emergency Department Nurse (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYMarch 18, 2019
Methodist was a good place to work, until they wanted to grow bigger, list a lot of money.
Methodist was a small community hospital.
Everyone knew each other.
Pros
Free lunches every year
Cons
You had to clock out for lunch .
Telemetry culture
Telemetry nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2019
I worked in the telemetry floor with 4-5 patient assignment. I was working there PRN the days were unpredictable busy, with patients coming and going to have procedures. The patient population was older adults that requires extra care and were mostly high fall risk, and required total care. We had admissions and discharges going at the same time. Management was supportive and the charge nurse was always there to help who ever needed help.
Pros
Serving humanity
Cons
Not enough nursing assistance to help.
Great place to work and lot of opportunities for improvement in career.
nurse (Current Employee) –  HoustonMarch 12, 2019
I enjoy working here .The cultural values are great that you will not be able to leave this place.Recommend this place to nurses who wants to advance their career.
Pros
Values and benefits
Wish i were there
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2019
enjoyed working here! great place to work and very exciting. I wwish i was still employed with this company. I look forward to applying again. Hopefully I get the job.
Methodist Hospital presented a family environment
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gary, INMarch 11, 2019
A typical day at Methodist Hospital was focused on quality patient care.

I learned positive employee and management relationship skills.

The most enjoyable part of my day was assisting staff and patients.

The workplace culture was built on cooperation. It was tight knit and quality drive.
Pros
Quality Healthcare
Cons
Outsourcing services
short time
WOC Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 10, 2019
I was only here a short time and worked as a 0.2 FTE, but I picked up hours all the time and did a lot to keep our team running. I kept asking for a 0.8FTE or even a 0.6FTE, and it was never offered for 8 months I was there. When I finally left to take a full time position somewhere else, they posted a 1.0 FTE to replace me....
Pros
positive enviornment and created learning opportunities
Cons
did not have full time positon for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM.

Powered by Comparably