METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Management
Clinical Coordinator/Intensive Care RN (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 8, 2018
The manager that I worked for had very poor leadership and management skills. The CNO was not supportive of staff only the Managers. They claimed to encourage continuing education however they did not
Fair enough
(PCT) and phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2018
A typical day at work can be very fun it's all depend what team working with, what type of patient and family members dealing with. I learn lot of new techniques for my job performance, new skills. Management can be improved in many areas. Workplace can be very frustrated because of multi cultures, different personalities, and back ground. the hardest part of my job is to love and forgive people even when they were wrong. the most enjoyable part of my job is that I love taking care and helping those who needed help in their difficult times either sickness, a love language, encouragement, counseling or just a tender touch.
Chaplain
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2018
As a chaplain I carried 6 units that was very taxing. Additionally, I do not believe that holidays were handled in a way that allowed for family time.
Pros
Understaffed
Cons
Patients and Nurses
Overall a great place to work and to gain additional training and knowledge.
Accounts Payable Analyst/Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2018
Several opportunities for growth within the system. Opportunity to cross train within other departments. Great team environment and also an "Open Door Policy" between management and staff.
Pros
Great medical and health benefits.
Cons
Position terminated due to company restructuring and relocating.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78229January 18, 2018
Great place to gain experience as a registered nurse. I would recommend to any new or experienced nurse. Schedules are flexible and pay is competitive.
Great Place to Work
Physician Performance Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Very good place to gain healthcare quality management skills. Positive learning environment; very knowledgeable managers. Team working atmosphere; everyone willing to help.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Excessive Hours
Rewarding place to work.
Senior Communications Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2017
Rewarding place to work, customer service oriented...great place to provide general assistance to the public and and help ensure the safety of various facilities, patients, and there guest.
A good place to work
Director/Manager and APRN Clinician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2017
I worked for MHS for over 19 years. The organization was mostly good to me. The system had the same types of issues as any large healthcare organization.
Pros
Scholarships for education; paid time off
Cons
Inconsistencies across the syste
in my opinion
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78229November 13, 2017
Methodist was a good place to work, benefits where great, except for the neuro supervisor she had no people skills. the point system they have is not a good way to keep track of the employees. you only get 7 points yearly with each going away every month,
benefits
Cons
supervisors, points
Busy workload
RN- Transplant Coordinator, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2017
I was always busy. I left because my position was eliminated. I loved the people that I worked with as they were the best. Some days were super busy;overall, I felt like I did a good job and my positions were quite rewarding.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Be prepared to work hard.
Friendly environment
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2017
I came here to get my foot in the door, I have been here for 4 years. This place I love, people are very friendly and fun to be around. I would recommend this to others in the future.
Pros
friendly, fun, and relaxed environment
Cons
low pay then other hospital's
Fast paced environment with great benefits
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2017
Fast paced environment with great benefits and work life balance. Good leadership and opportunities for advancement. Would definitely recommend as a great place to work.
work culture here
Epic Analyst/Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
On a typical day we are dealing with new requests and optimization requests from Physicians, nurses and ancillary staff.
Its a busy day with lots of meetings and interaction with the end users.
Fast paced stressful enrivonment
Bedside RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2017
There is a lot of brown nosing from management to the upper management. They take a lot of time out of our day to make themselves look good. There isn't very much focus on patient care when almost all of my patient's love me, but management doesn't seem to notice. They do notice however, when JCAHO or some other company is coming in to review the floor. I had an admission the other day, and my supervisor knew I had just gotten an admission. He insisted that I stayed for a "huddle" instead of tending to my patient. This would make our unit look good to the people coming in to review the unit. There are several people who work on my floor who are just sick because of the attitudes like this. We are also required to clock out early in order to cut down on incremental overtime even if we are staying late to help a co-worker. Not cool in my book. I was always taught that you stay until your job is done.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
Required to clock out early. Hardly get a lunck break.
Intense, and fulfilling place to work
DIRECTOR OF REHAB & THERAPY SERVICES (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2017
A typical day at work starts with a team meeting to update the team and set the tone for the day and share information from senior leadership. I take care of any patient care issues, review productivity, and review the staffing needs for the day and the next day.
My day is also filled with meetings with other departments to review the quality and safety issues for the hospital, set processes and procedures to improve quality of patient care.
Part of my day is spent with staff members answering concerns and doing some professional development plans with staff members.
Patient satisfaction is of topmost importance and before I leave for the day, I will visit with the patients on admission and ensure that we have no patient satisfaction concerns
The work place has a very cooperative culture which enables me to work with other departments to resolve issues as they arise.
A good place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2017
I have worked for Methodist Healthcare for many years. I am grateful for my wonderful management team. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work from home.
Serving Humanity to Honor God
Manager for Flow Cytometry (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2017
The best healthcare available in San Antonio. I work with the very best coworkers and physicians. My director is the finest leader I have ever had the pleasure to serve.
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2017
This place is always hiring good workers. They offer a stable job, good benefits and flexibility. I wish the salaries were higher though. It would make it the perfect place to work.
I love Methodist!
Oncology PRN Resource RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 4, 2017
This is my second time working for Methodist Hospital and I love it. My job always pushes me to learn more and helps me to grow as a nurse. I truly enjoy working with my oncology patients and have learned so much since transferring to Oncology.
Cons
Extremely busy atmosphere and short lunches.
Typical day to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2017
My work day typically is repetition of duties. I work in a system that grants access to all Physicians of Methodist and referring physicians. I update data for physicians to read charts and billing for all Methodist locations. Work the MSO folder daily for request for updating physicians information, license, address, etc. I assist with Continue Education live courses entering data for all that attends symposiums. Work in a system that tracks attendance for physicians for credentialing purposes. Assist with a new program for all Physicians at Methodist Physician Leadership catering, finding different location within Methodist where these courses are taught. Assist with faxing for CVO who credential all physician for Methodist Health system.
Pros
I get along very well with all my co-workers we are like family.
Cons
I sometimes take lunch at my desk