METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Id love to keep coming to this hospital as it is great for myself and my family knowing how everything runs so amoothly and the workers are super sweet
Pros
Great service
Cons
Attitude when workers are tired ir annoyed at a patient
Hospital Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
I have been here for 6-months and I have found it to be a positive work environment. Though working with sick people is not easy, this hospital works hard to keep their employees.
Pros
generous
Cons
working with sick people
Productive Caring Workplace
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Gary, IN 46404January 9, 2019
Fantastic career opportunities and great pay. Friendly cultured and professional. Kind, generous and loving. Also understanding and compassionate. I would recommend anyone who wants a great career to work there.
Great Work environment
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 7, 2019
Typically have experienced great team work. I learned how to communicate more effectively and efficiently. The management is understanding and nice to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2019
The job was great. It had days where it was a little difficult, but it was a great learning experience. The incentives were good at times. I love that fact that it was a environment where you could advancement.
Scope of Work
Senior Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I was brought in to design a Citrix 7.15 LTSR GSLB environment and train staff. Citrix was owned by the IT Security Team. This required collaboration with IT Security, networking, and server teams. I met with and presented strategy to senior leadership.
decent
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2019
work was bearable and working with some of the billing staff was pleasant at times. management didnt micro managed as long as the work was performed and on time
Pros
leniant
Cons
breaks not long enough
stressful
Environmental Service Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2019
never enough employees, overworked and no raises some years. The management team is unorganized, blamed for everything that goes wrong everyone is your boss, just don't feel appreciated.
Pros
different helpful programs
Cons
overworked, pay wages, almost non-existing raises, and management.
Be careful with managers
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Richards, TXJanuary 3, 2019
MY manager was a racist no where for a human to work. They treat you like you are 2. Very racist company that takes up for their managerfs in the wrong.RUN and don't turn back
Job Culture sets the mood of the environment
Medicine Intensive Care Unit Nurse II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2019
12hr shift FT. I learned a great deal of ICU skills, but unfortunately was not able to train as a resident which made orientation only six - nine weeks to learn the job. The culture was perceived by me as very cliquey. Hardest part of the job was the interface Meditech, it creates a dynamic where double triple charting is conducted. The most enjoyable was taking care of the patients and their families.

Want to know more about METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM?

Ask a question
Fast paced, pressure to see 35-40 people a day.
Family Nurse Practitioner - Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNDecember 30, 2018
Like to spend time to talk to patients, to develop a relationship, of trust, transparency, and care. It was about pushing numbers of patients, not caring and listening, the goal was numbers..
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Over worked
Up to date in technology and equipment
RN Pulmonary Medicine (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2018
Usually 4-5 cases a day. Always had relief for lunch. On call persons stayed, not whole unit. The patients were diversified and from many different cultures. Opportunity to learn provided. Middle management somewhat callous.
Pros
learning opportunities
Cons
not flexible in hours to work
Hostile work environment
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 26, 2018
When first coming on it was nurses eating their young and the new comers. Doesn’t matter how much work experience you have, if you don’t fit in the click then that’s it and they make your job hard to say the least No teamwork and favoritism is at play here. Would recommend to stay away.
Cons
Hostile environment
I learned a lot working there
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 26, 2018
I was able to take what I learned in college and better perfect it. I enjoyed building relationships with the patients who came back on a more regular basis.
Benefits
Credentialing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 26, 2018
Manager isn't the greatest, but I can move up throughout the company. And at this point in my life this is what Iam looking for. Don't apply for any positions in the Medical staffing department.
Pros
Beneifts
Great place
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46202December 23, 2018
It’s a good job and a great place to work. It’s was the best I had and I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a good paying job. You should apply
Loved working at Methodist Hospital
Senior Unbilled Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2018
We worked in a fast paced environment and helped each other. We took classed in HIM. Management was real good with their employees. The hardest part of my job was working with the Physician's was a little stressful and the most enjoyable part of my job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
no advancement, unfairness to employess
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYDecember 20, 2018
I felt there was no job advancement or longevity at this job. If you do not know anyone in management, I feel like you will never advance here. I give 100% everyday as if it were my 1st day, and felt it was not appreciated.
Pros
longevity
Cons
fairness
Productive and fun workplace
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXDecember 18, 2018
Everyone their was very knowledgeable at their job and they worked very hard under stressful environments. They were very focused and organized at the task at hand.
I loved my job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2018
My day started by opening the Executive Office before arrival of my co-workers. I would answer phones, manage the conference rooms and calendaring for the executives.
Pros
Getting to work with awesome doctors
Cons
That I had to leave my job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.