Methodist Hospital of Southern California

Methodist Hospital of Southern California Employee Reviews

I loved my hardworking coworkers, but the management is really bad and has favorites
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMay 24, 2018
The hospital did nice things for employees but management and HR is like the mafia. Any problems or concerns you take to HR forget it. HR will side with management every time. Too bad
Pros
Great food
Cons
management sucks!!!
Nice Colleagues
Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAApril 6, 2018
The culture is nice, and helpful. I am not familiar about pay, but I would hear people complain about their pay. I just say if you don't like your pay, go somewhere else.
Bunch of old supervisors...who refuse to modernize.
CLS (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMarch 21, 2018
The worst place to work. No chance of advancement or promotions.
annual pay raise ridiculously low; twenty to forty cents per hour. Lazy fat laboratory director who only cares about her annual bonuses.
fast paced environment
HRIS Analyst / Project Manager; Contract (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Every day is a typical day at work. the best part is management support. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the credit from the management.
Great team
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Methodist was the first Acute hospital job I got after getting my RN license. I have had such a great experience working here. Mostly because of the people. To be perfectly honest, the benefits are very minimal compared to some other places. But the camaraderie and support I have experiences from my co-workers has been worth all the stress. We are highly rated among all the state surveys for our customer service. I loved my time there, but I need room to advance and grow. It is a bittersweet parting of ways and I will never forget all the knowledge, skills, love and support I had here.
Pros
great team, clean environment
Cons
missed breaks, poor benefits, low pay
Hospital Environment
Facilities Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Typcial Hosptial environment. I worked in the maintenance department so the dynamic was a little unique at times. There are a few wrinkles that need ironing out as with any company, but other than that I enjoyed my position there.
Methodist is a good stepping stone.
Registered Nurse, Cardiac Step-down Unit (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CANovember 15, 2017
I loved working at Methodist because of my coworkers, otherwise, the management is poor and benefits suck. A lot of turnover because of what above...
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
manager and poor benefits
Great management.
Bilingual Patient Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAOctober 30, 2017
Fast paced during graveyard shift. Emergency room can get hectic. Staff was always very nice and patient with all the emergency patients and families.
Pros
Great cafeteria food.
Major Turnover problem in Admitting
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAOctober 3, 2017
The Admitting Supervisor position has been posted 3-4 times in the last 7 months. They keep losing good people in this position. Something is wrong!
Pros
Structually facility is nice
Cons
Huge turnover with Admitting/ER Supervisor position
Methodist Hospital is a great place to work they are giving Hospital to charities.
Lead Patient Access (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 19, 2017
Methodist Hospital is great place to work we work as team to make sure all if our patients get the best care in timely manner the hardest part about my is driving 60 miles total everyday to my job in the L.A. traffic I am looking for a closer route.
In need of change. Lots of it.
Senior Clinical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 20, 2017
I loved my team at Methodist and the on-site daycare provided unparalleled work-life balance. There are some truly amazing people at Methodist Hospital.
Patient safety aide (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 2, 2017
Friendly staff overall team effort nobody works alone. Great security protocols organized. Great environment very clean. Insurance benefits for part time and full time employees.
Pros
safety first for patients and staff
Cons
sontimes under staffed
My Clinical
Registered Nurse Student (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMay 12, 2017
This is where i did my Clinical. The staff was great and the hospital itself was a pleasant and valuable learning experience for me. I would love to work here full time .
I love working in a fast paced working environment
Medical Buyer II - Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMarch 20, 2017
I love working in an efficient and fast paced environment dealing with multiple projects. I also love working with positive and enthusiastic peoplesw
Pros
working in a fast paced environment
Cons
if the computers and internet go down i cannot do my work
12+ years of learning
Maintenance Journeyman, Facilities Department (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAOctober 29, 2016
I have worked at Methodist for almost 13 years and have learned many things in my trade. The management and I have gotten along very well . The work load is more then sufficient to get in an 8 hour day . I have enjoyed going to work at a good place over the years.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No real room for advancement, Benefits have changed for the worst over the past 5 years
Cafeteria lacks leadership
Cook (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAOctober 18, 2016
Been good to work at for the last decade, but management has really let it do down the drain. The staff is helpful but divided, there is no room to advance upward.
Great staff
RN Staff Nurse - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMay 21, 2016
Normal 12 hr shift in a busy ER.
Learned how to care for STEMI/Stroke patients.
Management is decent.
Co-workers are helpful.
Hardest part is long hours.
Caring for ill patients.
Pros
float nurses to help
Cons
not enough techs to help
Genuine patient care
Senior Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAOctober 15, 2015
Love this hospital, the staff and the quality of work we do. We provide exemplary services. A great teaching hospital...
National distinguished department. It was an honor to be there.
Internship Bmet1 (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMarch 29, 2015
A typical day would begin by doing EXT on Surgical equipment that was rented and was to be used for surgery on same day. Then preventive maintenance of department that was due. In between all this the biomed department would get phone call throughout the hospital for machinery that needed to be fixed.
Pros
Company was great I learned a great deal from all my mentors.
Cons
n/a
Buying skills
Office Coordinator / Buyer (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CaNovember 4, 2014
Completed a variety of tasks throghout my day. Recieved alot of hands on teaching in the engineering dept on different systems, from tube management, to temperature system throughout the facility.
Along with the day to day tasks of Office Coordinating and buying duties of material and services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Hospital of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.

Methodist Hospital of Southern California Reviews by Job Title