Methodist Hospital of Southern California

Methodist Hospital of Southern California Employee Reviews

Small hospital
Patient Access Representative ER-Audits (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Small hospital makes an ideal work environment but also lack the technological advancements that big hospitals offer and which make your job easier and less stressful and also makes the patient feel more comfortable and reassured.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
lacks technological advancements in the business side
great coworkers
Labor & Delivery Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 8, 2018
great coworkers, low pay, poor benefits. There is not much support for education or growth. If you are self motivated you may grow. A coworkers was layed off due to budget cuts and was told that day.
Limited Opportunities for Growth
Software Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CANovember 20, 2018
Opportunities for job growth is very limited. There is very little communication between employees and management, in such that changes often occur only top-down. Furthermore, because job security is unstable, managers are changed frequently. Therefore, the direction of each department and the organization is changed frequently.
Very busy
Operating Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAOctober 3, 2018
Busy hospital that was well oiled. Many of the nurses and staff managers has been working together for many years. Training was well done and everyone was helpful in the learning process
Busy place to work
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 22, 2018
This is a busy hospital. All the time has a lot of patient to assist. It's a long wait in ER.They have a great doctors and nurses. Most all the staff is very friendly .
Collaborative Work Environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 1, 2018
The work environment was very collaborative and I was given opportunity to be involved with other departments. The hospital is located in a nice area with a lot of different options for lunch.
Productive and fun place to work, able to learn more
CNA (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 20, 2018
At Arcadia Methodist Hospital I was able to learn more, flexible schedule, every friendly, . I enjoyed working at Methodist cow-workers are friendly, supervisors are e helpful
Top management place a lot of stress on employees
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAAugust 12, 2018
Did not like working for new ET Team ran it like a profit organization when it was non-profit. They chased away all the top Directors never would support us
Pros
Great place to work at
Cons
Top management does not support employees
Great learning experience
ED Patient Access Representative/Admitting (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 16, 2018
A typical day at work would be coming into a graveyard shift with a crowded ER waiting room. In this job, I have learned a great deal on how to work under pressure and to remain calm on uprising situations. I loved working with my co-workers, it was a true team. We knew how to help each other out without even speaking. The hardest part of the job was if there was no communication between other shifts.
Pros
Graveyard shift worked as a team/family
Cons
Difficult to watch elderly patient in pain having to wait for long periods of time
Good People but no place to go.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 3, 2018
I actually love working here. However, my wallet does not. The hospital seems stagnant and there's no place to move up. They keep hiring people from the outside who stay for a year or two then move on. Why not hire from within and give them a chance to earn competitive pay and grow their loyalty?

I will say though, the people are great to work with.
Pros
work enviorment and people are great.
Cons
Low pay, no chance to move up.
Easy going culture
Housekeeping Aid (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 24, 2018
People are generally nice and management is easy going. The facility is in a safe area so working night shift was not a problem. Even though we worked indirectly with the hospital staff, they were also good to work with.
lack of employee management and advancement
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 20, 2018
Methodist Hospital has great potential, the biggest downfall(s) is there management, employee advancement, and benefits. The administration team tries to understand employees' concerns but does not act on any of the issues to resolve employees' worries. Benefits are also a great downfall, paid time off for employees' is given based on years of service. However, colleagues here a great support and make working here enjoyable. Needless to say there is much improvement to be made given the type of workplace culture established thus far, I have learned how to handle work place conflict and consider employees' opinions, thoughts and ideas.
Pros
work life balance/ flexibility/ work schedules
Cons
compensation, management team(s), administration, human resources dept, benefits, employee career growth
It's like home
Charge Nurse, Labor & Delivery (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 14, 2018
It is like working with family and the work environment is excellent. Scheduling is great as we did self scheduling. Unfortunately, the benefits are sub-par and pay is low.
I enjoyed working in Surgery Dept
Pre op Technician (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 5, 2018
when CEO @ all Administration staff changed all moral & management of Hospital went down , get experience and seek
better hospitals to work for, and there not competitive with pay
with no support in the workplace
Pros
great job
Cons
management was unfair
I loved my hardworking coworkers, but the management is really bad and has favorites
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMay 24, 2018
The hospital did nice things for employees but management and HR is like the mafia. Any problems or concerns you take to HR forget it. HR will side with management every time. Too bad
Pros
Great food
Cons
management sucks!!!
fun workplace, celebrated holidays, sometimes free lunches
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMay 18, 2018
a typical day was to get my work done and feel i accomplished something at the EOD nothing hard about the job a learning experience for me, management was fair culture was fine nothing hard about the job enjoyed my job
Pros
free lunches at times, ice cream socials etc...
Cons
healthcare not all that great
work and pay
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAApril 12, 2018
Working at Methodist hospital has it's PRO's and CON's. It is a great place to work if you are just about sacrificing pay to work with cool people. As it is important to enjoy the people that you work with, it is also important to get paid the money you are worth. And getting paid the money you're worth will not happen here.
Pros
cool co-workers
Cons
low pay
Nice Colleagues
Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAApril 6, 2018
The culture is nice, and helpful. I am not familiar about pay, but I would hear people complain about their pay. I just say if you don't like your pay, go somewhere else.
Bunch of old supervisors...who refuse to modernize.
CLS (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMarch 21, 2018
The worst place to work. No chance of advancement or promotions.
annual pay raise ridiculously low; twenty to forty cents per hour. Lazy fat laboratory director who only cares about her annual bonuses.
fast paced environment
HRIS Analyst / Project Manager; Contract (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Every day is a typical day at work. the best part is management support. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the credit from the management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Hospital of Southern California. Our community is ready to answer.

Methodist Hospital of Southern California Reviews by Location