Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Enjoyed working with my direct reports.
Supervises kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 17, 2018
I was able to make patients happy while meeting their dietary needs.I was complimented by the nursing staff on several occasions for my ability to go above and beyond to make sure patients were fed.
Cons
Policies are in place, however are not enforced.
activities
Senior Insurance Rep (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2018
Sometimes good, sometimes not so good, sometimes unfair treatment. Sometimes things are ok. It's a job. It's not the greatest and it's not the worst
hard work, get to help people everyday which is rewarding
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2018
assist patients to the restroom and help with daily hygiene. record patient data: input and output, weight, height, and vital signs. assist nurses with their duties.
Pros
get to help people evereyday
Cons
low pay, long hours, short breaks
It’s a ok place some people are nice
Lead attendant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 10, 2018
I learned how to step in and take action when the supervisors or manager was not available I had the best communication with the staff we all worked will together I learned that if your short staffed how to co e together and work as a team I was a team lead and that’s what we did worked together to get the job done in a timely manner.
Methodist is a really good company to work for
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 9, 2018
It's a really fast paced job you must be really quick and must enjoy what you do and the employees there are really friendly and Methodist slogan is Methodist is the meaning of Care
Good experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 8, 2018
Overall I had a good experience working at Methodist. My coworkers were great and very hardworking. The patients could be challenging at times but overall very rewarding job, but exhausting.
Production
MEDICAL ASSISTANT III Medical coder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2018
Typical work day come in to assigned area, supervisor told us what we where to be working on for the day and it had to be completed by certain deadlines. I learned the new Epic emr when Methodist decided to leave Athena emr.
The hardest part of my day was just not enough breaks after looking at the computer screen for hours.
The most enjoyable day was when the reps bought us lunch and we didn't have to lleave the job or pay for the expensive food in the hospital.
Pros
Drug Representaties bringing in lunch
Cons
The horrible parking that is 10.00 a day
My productivity
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
I really enjoyed my time there have no regrets and I would love another opportunity to return at anytime actually just finished filling out a application
Pros
Great Co wirkers
Cons
Good place to work, people are nice, pay is average.
Physician Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYJuly 3, 2018
Work day is an average eight hour day. Vacation days are based on a number of hours accrued per pay period. Management is more than adequate. The work environment is relaxed but overwhelming as well which can lead to stress.
Pros
Good schedule and benefits
Cons
Work load can get overwhelming
Job security
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KYJuly 3, 2018
Job security is lacking here. Pay versus average local pay is lower than most. Lack of timely responses to employee grievences. Office management is excellent.
A well respected facility.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78229July 2, 2018
Started my career in this facility as a more responsible Respiratory care practitioner , a good facility to develop more of your skills. A complete facility for patient's to go with. Co workers are exceptionally professionals and caring.
good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2018
good place to work. can set own schedule. everyone is helpful and gets along great. Nice break room and everyone has their own locker. private parking deck for employees.
Pharmacy intern for 2 years while in Pharmacy school
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 2, 2018
During the 2 years, my job was to learn about drug distribution, review medical orders and to also work closely with medical and nursing staff to provide the best treatment and advice to patients.
My first nursing job- learned so much
LPN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 27, 2018
I very much enjoyed working at Methodist Hospital. As the medication nurse on the night shift I had a lot of responsibility to my patients. We were primarily a gyn surgical floor. There was a lot of pt. care, teaching, and nursing skill and comfort required.
Pros
Learned so much- my patients
Cons
Night shift
Summer job
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
This was an opportunity to work and see interesting concepts in the hospital facility. A great learning experience to see what actually goes on in the medical facility.
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2018
Continue education
Understanding
Open-minded
Loving
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
More money needed
Release Of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2018
The manager was great the environment the atmosphere in the cardiovascular surgeons were awesome as well. I worked in a quiet area and I worked at my own pace with no interruptions but ever so often I would definitely consider working here again.
Pros
Catered lunches
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Easy going culture
Housekeeping Aid (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJune 24, 2018
People are generally nice and management is easy going. The facility is in a safe area so working night shift was not a problem. Even though we worked indirectly with the hospital staff, they were also good to work with.
Great Ortho
Certified surgical technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2018
I loved this place as well, especially the Ortho department. Working with one of the best female surgeons, she taught me so much I am forever in her debt
Fast Paced Place to work
Mainframe IT SAS Support, Sr SAS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2018
Full Hours, Good Benefits.
Competitive Rates.
Career Training for Future Opportunities.
Supportive Management.
Competent Co-workers.
Helpful Co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

56out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Methodist Hospital.

Powered by Comparably