Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare Employee Reviews

Methodist LeBonheur Healthcare was a wonderful place to work.
Remote medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2018
I worked in the medical transcription department for on-site training for about 2 months and then began working out of my home office. Management and supervisors were always helpful and encouraging and I enjoyed my time working there.
Excellent place to work
Travel RN Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSOctober 3, 2018
New hospital. Everyone worked as a team to accomplish the goals of the facility. Management was supportive of all staff needs and attempted to accomodate them when possible.
Pros
Great teamwork
Fair
O.R Scheduler / Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2018
This company is a great company to work for it is just the department I am in that I don't like. they have great benefits and most of the people are very helpful. The management sucks.
Pros
They use to work with you on anything.
Cons
It is just not a happy place to be rite now.
Good company, more accountability
Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2018
Very good benefits, good company, senior management does not hold upper management accountable. There is a strong culture at Methodist. It can take a while for change to take effect.
Compensation/ Benefits
Medial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2018
Methodist need to pay the employees more money especially the CNA that does all the work while the RN does absolutely nothing. The CNA are over worked and under paid.
Great company to work for
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 27, 2018
I’ve enjoyed my time working at MLH. Like every company, there is always room for improvement. I feel like the management at MLH actively seek out what can be improved and asks employees what we think can be improved or changed. Management listens to concerns, however it can take some time for change. Hours are long and they try to be flexible with scheduling. When understaffed, the days are crazy busy.
Excellent Culture
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 24, 2018
Methodist really cares about their associates and their patients! Management was collaborative and engaged. Service and quality are the most important items when it comes to patient care!
Excellence
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 22, 2018
Productive environment to work. Easy going work flow. Typical day at work involves satisfying patients needs at their request. Excellent customer service.
Pros
Steady workfolw
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to work
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff at Methodist. The management were concerned with the employee's experience. I lived very close to the hospital which was awesome.
Pros
Short drive to work
Cons
No upward promotion
West cancer
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNAugust 15, 2018
West cancer don’t allow employees to take a lunch break. You either bring your lunch or eat at food truck but you have eat in between patients.. but overtime kicks in with no lunch break
Pros
Over time
Cons
No lunch break low pat
Helpful to the community
ED Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 15, 2018
This is a great children's hospital. Provides compassionate and empathetic healthcare to the children in the tri-state area. Voted the best place to work.
The only thing i liked was working with the patients
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNAugust 12, 2018
They management wasn't good either no communication they never just really listen to the employees they seemed to be against us every time and we didn't have enough workers.
Pros
Never got awarded
Cons
They did more complaining than the employees
former employee
Surgical Technologist II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2018
I was a clinical employee for 12 years. I obtained my BS, and applied for SEVERAL business type roles, but was told I didn't have any qualification for business roles, although I had a degree in business management. Methodist pigeon holes you into one position, and does not allow you to grow.

And if you leave and try to return, if your have a disability or were on leave for mental health reasons they will look at your file and not rehire you **(which tends to add to your mental distress)**
Pros
Cons
discrimination
Our team worked well together and we did some fun things
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 9, 2018
My team had great work ethics and followed the company's mission. The difficult part about my job was working with other departments that didn't follow the company's mission and work ethics were on the lower end. Methodist is a stable company to work for and it is very hard to get fired, which can be a positive and negative (people not doing their job correctly.)
Pros
flexible scheduling in certain departments
fast pace
Patient Access Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2018
I worked in the emergency room, which was fast pace, but fun. You had the opportunity to meet all type of people from different walk of life. Co-workers, were pleasant to work with.
Pros
manager was great
I loved my coworkers and my patients that I took care of.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38128July 20, 2018
I obviously loved working here as I did so for 9 years, sometimes were better than others, but all in all it was a great place to work and I gained all of my nursing knowledge here.
Hostile environment, great associates, bad management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 18, 2018
Methodist is a great place to work but they need better-qualified management. They have a high turn over on employment, but they say they are working on it. I'm yet to see management being disciplined on how they handle and communicate with their associates.
Pros
great benefits, credit union, potential bonuses
Cons
bad management
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2018
Working with patient's helping with bill payments and filing medical claims. corresponding with insurance companies regarding claims and payment. Great hours and people. Team atmosphere.
activities
Senior Insurance Rep (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2018
Sometimes good, sometimes not so good, sometimes unfair treatment. Sometimes things are ok. It's a job. It's not the greatest and it's not the worst
It’s a ok place some people are nice
Lead attendant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 10, 2018
I learned how to step in and take action when the supervisors or manager was not available I had the best communication with the staff we all worked will together I learned that if your short staffed how to co e together and work as a team I was a team lead and that’s what we did worked together to get the job done in a timely manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight