Methodist MANSFIELD MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Icu/cvicu prn/part time employment
RN Critical Care, ICU (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 18, 2018
This hospital is relatively a new facility. There are two Critical Care units, CVICU and ICU, with an Intermediate/Step-down unit. Typical shift work is a 12-hour shift, 7 o'clock to 7 o'clock. ICU is a fast paced and stressful unit to work. However, the management is VERY supportive of brand new RNs and experienced RNs both seeking employment and advancement. Management and co-workers alike support each other throughout both day and night shifts. The hardest part of the job is the charting. However, the charting is not that difficult (I needed to select something that was difficult). The most enjoyable part of the job (outside of the management being awesome all the way up to the CEO) is that the job allows the RN to feverishly work and enjoy the appreciation of the patient and families.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, healthcare and retirement
Good working team
X-ray Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 16, 2018
The staff was very helpful to new students and the site exposed me to a number of different examination procedures that helped to widen and perfect my skills in this field.
Challenging and always more to learn and be skilled on.
Wound Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Excellent management and professionalism of (Heologics) Wound Care Clinic, provided by the Program Manager and nurse manager to me. Provided a opportunity to learn a skill. The most important and satisfying part of the job was providing needed care to patients, and interacting with them. Typical days was very busy, however very rewarding.
Pros
Opportunity to grow and learn.
stressfull and over worked
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 15, 2017
I started at Methodist Mansfield with a great attitude. Had a great working environment great coworkers and management was outstanding. But as time went on things began to change , friend
left new people arrived the whole atmosphere changed. There was
no more "friends" at work everyone was viewed as a rival and all
trust was gone.
Pros
time off
Cons
over worked
Overall great place to work
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Loved my job at this hospital experience was great I wished they would have been more understanding of family illnesses and needing time off for personal reasons.
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Smaller hospital
Labor and Delivery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 27, 2017
Great hospital, must know your skills, because you have to come in knowing your skills. can be slow paced at times, but can get really busy. great teamwork,
The people make your job worthwhile
Emergency Department Registration/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 5, 2017
Management could be a lot better. Through better management, the morale of the employees would be better and there would be less turn over of employees.
Volunteering gave me the opportunity to help others
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 3, 2017
Since the volunteer service takes place at a hospital, you can rest assured that you will be taken care of if an accident happens. It feels almost like a "job" job because you clock in and clock out, the only thing that's missing is the pay (you at least get real life experience though, so it's worth it). The service was occasionally boring because there wasn't much help needed some days, so you were left sitting around waiting for something to do. I enjoyed being able to assist hospital staff and deliver newspapers to patients, it felt great being useful to someone. I also got to see other Junior Volunteers, whom I regularly had lunch with after fulfilling my duties. This experience gave me a taste of how people actually interact in a work setting.
Pros
Consistent schedule, if injured there are hospital staff there to help you, prepaid lunch
Cons
Somedays you might not volunteer much due to there being no assistance needed
Great work community
Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TexasApril 20, 2017
Upper management is involved as much as possible and the environment is pleasant. Clean, beautiful work environment. Cafeteria food is wonderful and everyone is always encouraged to help one another.
loved that we had a great team on the floor i worked on
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 12, 2017
I would start my day getting report from the medical assistant before me then would go room to room introducing myself and let them know that I'm actually and I will be your medical assistant for the night then I would start my rounds by taking everyone's blood pressure vitals blood sugars and so forth charting then them entering them into the computer for the nurses and doctors to see then would repeat every 4 hours.
Pros
grest team to work with
Cons
no lunch if busy and is deducted out of check
Fast paced environment with good communication amongst coworkers.
Emergency Medical Specialist - Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Demanding and fast paced environment with good relationships between ALL staff members. Focused on patient care and what is in the patient's best interest. First manager and director I worked under were awesome but they left for greater opportunities and their replacements were a little less stellar which caused a drop in department moral. I have heard that those replacements have been replaced and moral is much better now. Work place culture including communication and cooperation between paramedics, nurses, NP's, PA's, and doctors was awesome. The hardest part of the job was working with limited space for patents and an ever expanding patient population. The most enjoyable part of the job was the amazing co-workers that I had the pleasure of knowing and becoming friends with.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 4, 2017
CEO is wonderful, love him! Middle management could use some more training. Some really good people work here, they are like family. Lots of perks, they show their appreciation.
Love the team not the upper admin
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 29, 2016
I love the TEAM atmosphere on the floor I work on, however Upper Admin does not place value on proper staffing for patient safety and salaries do not create a want to stay involved with continued moral and desire to be loyal to company.
Pros
team atmosphere and freedom to rotate schedule monthly
Cons
poor salaries, poor staffing, fair interest in fixing problem
Hateful
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 18, 2016
The employees here are allowed to be rude and nasty to each other and to outside vendors. Management encourages bullying and bulldozing over everyone! I wouldn't recommend working here unless you enjoy being disrespectful and hateful to others, if you do, you'd fit right in.
Exciting new hospital in new market in growing market
VP of Patient Care/Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 3, 2015
The day would begin with Safety Huddle, a time where all leaders meet briefly to review the past 24 hours, the current state of their departments, and prospectively any meetings, needs, concerns to consider. Next I would round routinely throughout the facility. The rest of the day would be active with meetings, committees, more additional rounding, etc. I learned a tremendous amount while at Methodist Mansfield. I opened a brand new hospital, hired the original entire leadership team, doubled the size, established a highly reliable quality organization with high customer service

The hardest part of the job was a CEO change with different agendas from what had been a very successful formula for growth.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with an exceptional clinical and medical staff!
Excellent place to work
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 13, 2015
I loved my direct supervisor, the staff was always friendly, and the CEO was incredibly personable, recognizing each employee in the hallway and having an open door policy with any ideas or concerns.
Loved it
Registration Representative/Clinical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 16, 2015
I loved working for Methodist as a whole it is a great hospital to work for even the employees there were always cheerful even after a long hard workshift.
Limited Room for Growth
DIETARY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 20, 2015
Not very many opportunities for advancement. Almost every department has alternating weekends, so don't look forward to enjoying every weekend off.
Family environment
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 29, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Methodist health system. I have worked at three different campuses and the level of professionalism and community is unparallelled.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Under staffed
Very interesting cases,a lot of running
Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 20, 2014
Very busy place to work with twelve hours of running back and forth from the front of the ER to the back. I like helping the patients.
Pros
reduced lunches, good people to work with
Cons
no lunch breaks, 12 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist MANSFIELD MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

Methodist MANSFIELD MEDICAL CENTER Reviews by Location