Methodist Texsan Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2017
Small hospital but with great people. Enjoy working here. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Have work at other hospital but this hospital administration is awesome. They truly care about patients and there outcomes...im impress
Pros
Great enviroment to work at
Cons
Traffic is horrible in san antonio
Excellent Culture
ICU Nurse Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2017
Great people! Excellent care provided to patients. Highly recommend employment with this team. Hard work and long days require time management skills.
Learning new things
PCP (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Nurses are willing to help cnas and other nurses. The doctors would talk to everybody; nurses, the cnas, everybody. Friendly and I'm not used to doctors joking with nurses, and especially cnas.
Pros
Continually learning new things
Cons
toward the end, short staffed
Great administration
Registered Nurse ER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2017
Everyone works together. Administration always approachable and eager to help. The people are friendly and they seem to enjoy their job. Great place .
Productive and fun workplace.
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2017
Employees are recognized and appreciated. Training available to all employees. Opportunity for growth advancement.Great work morale. Employees are kept up to date on changes and training. Offers intense educational department.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Training not always available
Small tight knit hospital team
RN II, Orthopedics/Med/Surgical (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 24, 2017
Great place to work. Growing fast in terms of ortho and cardiac. Doctors are great to work with and co-workers are family. Management constantly in flux as they use hospital as a stepping stone to bigger hospitals.
Great Workers
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2017
It was a great place to work. Felt comfortable with job task. Workers were reliable when you needed help. Shift changes always went smoothly. Shifts were adequately staffed.
Methodist Texsan
Supply Chain Director (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2017
I worked at Methodist Texsan for 8 years. I had a team of individuals who were the most efficient and productive crew in the whole corporation. My crew stayed with me the whole time I worked there with no turn over. The corporate people eventually brought in inexperienced senior leaders who systematically eliminated all of the good people who made up the backbone of that hospital. The culture went from competent leadership to incompetent but good looking leadership. Such are the priorities of large corporations.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Corporation
Fast paced and fun... delivers world class healthcare
Hospital Director Information Systems (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2016
Every day was exciting , provided challenges and opportunities to meet and be successful. Great culture, fun fast paced.

I was provided the platform to grow and become a stake holder within my facility and truly contribute to a great healthcare organization. There is nothing compared to watching patients recover and leave for home knowing you helped that happen.
Pros
accomplishmenrs, co-workers, pride, culture
Awesome cath lab!
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 6, 2016
I love Methodist Texsan Hospital. The employees there are amazing. My director is knowledgeable, fair and an asset to all of us in the cath lab. I am looking forward to traveling but I hope I always have a place here at Texsan.
Productive and fun workplace
Foreign Physician and Cardiovascular Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2016
I had a good time with them, I learned a lot about the National Health System, and I improved my English language too. They were very professional and they enjoyed having me there sharing my knowledge learned from my previous experience.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Break
Fun, positive work environment
Rehab Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2015
Job requirements were stressful but management provided many outlets. Benefits and salary are competitive. Continuing education opportunities were provided. Management would work with schedules to accommodate school.
Enjoyed work there, but not their closed culture.
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2015
This is a solid workplace, however, exposure is to only a few disciplines, and management is hands-off. Loved the work there, but could not comply with their racial culture.
The positions listed there are not for students, as they do not have the infrastructure to teach or mentor you. Good work experience otherwise.
Pros
Plenty of work, OT and on-call
Cons
Not a teaching facility; OR group is racially inclined to their own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Texsan Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2