Methodist University Employee Reviews

Good, friendly work environment
Information and Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 10, 2018
The environment and atmosphere of the campus feels relaxing and inviting. The workplace itself never felt stressful, even on the days where an influx of tasks would present themselves. The staff do well to work together to solve problems and make each others lives easier and work well with the schedules of both student and part-time workers.
My Methodist experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 8, 2018
A typical night at Methodist would be a decent pace. I would have have any where between 4 and 8 patients if the floor staffed properly. If we were understaffed on a certain night, I would have any where from 8 to 19 patients. I learned a lot while working there. Management on the floor sucked. It was terrible. They always went with the nurses word even if the nurses were wrong. Never, did an investigation to see what happened. The hardest part of the job was the lazy nurses not wanting to help. The most enjoyable part was when the patients and their family showed gratitude. It would be so heart warming and made me feel as if my job really meant something.
Pros
easy over time, pick up over time at any hospital within the Methodist network. Including their doctor offices.
Cons
breaks not long enough, bad turn over, normally always
Work Study
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 21, 2018
This was a work study position for my school Methodist University in Fayetteville, North Carolina. I worked for my basketball coach Dee Dee Jarman....
Student Athletic Trainer Assistant
Student Athletic Trainer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 26, 2018
Fast-paced and competitive but very flexible. I enjoy working here because they are understanding and allow me to still play soccer and do school work.
is a slow pace job
Track and Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 15, 2018
some days there is an over whelming amount of work others it is easy going. on the slow days it feels like it takes forever for the day to end while on a fast pace day it does not seem like enough time in the day to do all the work
Self-Paced Professional Development within a Team Environment
Cataloging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 11, 2018
I started out as just a regular evening circulation assistant, working mainly at the front desk and performing basic administrative tasks relevant to the library's operation. But when the Cataloging Assistant become vacant, I took the initiative and let my supervisor know I was interested. Fortunately, she believed in me and I became their newest Cataloging Assistant, dealing mostly with processing newly purchased items (mostly books) and integrating them into the library's collections.
I enjoyed the Monday through Friday; 9 to 6; and hour lunch schedules. On slow days we were given opportunities to develop more skills by signing up for webinars and attending conferences. I learned a lot about self-management and always finding ways to improve myself professionally; whether it is cataloging a tall stack of books in one day or in one hour. Everyone had their own specific set of skills and duties but because of the small size of our workplace we happily worked with one another.
productive
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 26, 2017
my first medical opportunity i was grateful. The pay was bad for second shift worked hard and fast pace. My medical floor closed and there was only a third shift available was not an option for me and my kids
No camaraderie
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2017
Lack of team work. Management talked a good talk but failed to walk the walk. The nurses all worked as unique entities but failed to work as a team. The patients were not distributed in a fashion that was conducive to patient care. Patients waited unduly for simple needs. The CNA or MA were not concerned about caring for the patients needs just checking off a list. If they came in the room for one need they considered it as having taking care of the patient for the day. The patients were treated as a bother instead of a responsibility.
Outstanding organization
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 28, 2017
Methodist University is an amazing organization that is focused on work life balance. All levels of leadership truly care about the individuals within the organization.
I Was An Intern
Clinical Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 20, 2017
I did not get paid to intern here, so I do not know about salary or benefits, but the atmosphere was very relaxed and professional. There was a lot of room for growth and tons of learning opportunities.
Great School
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/TELEPHONE COORD (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 13, 2017
Methodist University was a great place to work. The environment was good, I had amazing coworkers, an awesome boss, and great benefits. I only left because I became a stay-at-home mom/wife.
Pros
Religious freedom, supportive, good internal training
Supervisor of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 10, 2017
Methodist is a great company to work for . They offer employee health, dental and vision insurance. They offer emergency financial assistance once every three years . The majority of the faculty are pleasant and professional.
Pros
Gift cards, some free meals and free lunches in area restaurants
Cons
N/a
Fun
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 17, 2017
Being a student work at any college is fun. you get to work along side your fellow students and professors most of the time and it usually is something in your career path that you are working for so you will have a better experience for when you get out into the real word.
Interesting
Asst. Professor of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 10, 2017
I enjoyed the job as Assistant Professor of Marketing. Loved the student but the management staff never gave any clear directions. Things kept changing midstream.
Pros
Great being a professor
Cons
Had to watch your back
Housekeeping needs to be paid more
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 31, 2017
Housekeeping is paid a low rate for the amount of work. My coworkers were great people who worked hard. The supervisors probably need to be better trained.
OK place to work
Registered Nurse, Methodist University - ICU (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2017
Short staffed a lot, so floating to other units was always mandatory. Agency nurses were given 1st pick of where they wanted to work and if it was on your unit, you floated, not them.
A typical day at Methodist
Gym Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 5, 2017
clock in go to the gym and sit there and monitor the gym until my shift is over and at night time i would have to sweep the floor. it was really a laid back job.
Many Opportunities
Work Study Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2017
Many opportunities across campus for work study with great coaches and faculty. Several different tasks, always something different, keeps it interesting and works around class schedules.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
limited hours available
I did not work here. Only attended as a student.
Student (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 24, 2017
I did not work here. I only attended as a student. As a student though, I did not feel that there was an appropriate value compared to the cost of tuition. That said, the faculty and staff were professional. I have a neutral view of this university.
Outstanding
Internship-Drop-In Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 28, 2017
I really enjoyed interacting with the students and presented them with the given information that were in the guidelines. Maintained professional boundaries with staff and students. Facilitated and provided education support to students.
Pros
work as team
Cons
Na