Metlang Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to work
Analytical Linguist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Metlang is a very exciting and professional place to work. The salary is competitive, the work schedule is flexible, the work is challenging, and there is an ability to travel, The management team is fair and encourages everyone works together in to accomplish goals of the client. Most shifts are 8 hours per day. I feel like this work makes a difference.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
June 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are happy working for Metlang and find that your job makes a difference.

Management sucks.
Analytical Spanish Linguist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 12, 2018
Manangement is very unprofessional. They have favorites which are always placed for work assignments. Do not waste your time working for this company work is very unstable.
Pros
Pay is 30 dollars
Cons
Unprofessional overall
June 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, creating schedules is often a complex matter with several factors that have to be considered. We do take your concerns seriously and will work with our management team to ensure they are being impartial when creating schedules.

i love it when
Hebrew translator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2018
Sinc I only work there as a temp and not full time, unfortunately , my biggest problem is really that, I would love to work there full time. Still since it has projects all over had I had my way id stay in l.a but....

They are nice and I like the places I have been, especially the last project, I had loved it the most. Non the less its far from home, and had the pay was higher , it would be nice too.

All in all its good but not full time. If I could work for metlang as a full time employee in the office in la and go on missions as they come that would be the greatest option for me. Full time work there and missions as they come. Get me that and I am a happy camper.
Pros
grate attitude
Cons
not full time
June 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoy working for Metlang as a part time employee. The nature of this industry is project based and there might be opportunities for full time work in your area soon, feel free to email Human Resources for more information.

Great Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
To start with, the most amazing part of this company is it does not let you feel like you are an employee. It feels like a family.
Management works as a team. They make sure you are being appreciated and acknowledged. Having the support from a team that strives for the best makes a day go smoothly even when there are challenges. I have been working for the company for 13 years and I couldn't ask for more. I am very happy and grateful to work for this company.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
I can't think of anything
June 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Every one of our team members makes part of our big Metlang family. We are glad you find support from your management team day in and day out and hope you stay with us for another 13+ years.

Worst environment
Interpreter and Translator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2018
Too much favoritism, lack of opportunities to grow with the company, bunch of latinos managers that they don't know what they are doing.
Lack of work ethics,
June 21, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry you felt this way. Metlang has an Open Door Policy and employees are always encouraged to voice their concerns to management and give us a chance to address them. The Metlang management is always looking for ways to improve and strives to maintain an impartial and professional work environment.

I love this company
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMay 26, 2018
What I love most about working for Metlang is the comradery -we truly work like a family & all help each other! It’s an exciting and challenging environment, great people to work with, I’ve been working at Metlang for almost 20 years and wouldn’t want to work anywhere else!!
Pros
People, Job security, great career path, positive work environment
May 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you find your job exciting and have been part of the Metlang family for 20 years. We hope to add many more!

- The Metlang team

Good place to work, project based so show results.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2018
Metlang is a good place to work. Do what you are supposed to, show results and it will be smooth sailing. The management expects you to do what you were hired to do, as would any organization. No need to stir up problems but in case there ever was any concern, the management team can be reached by email at all hours of the day and are relatively quick to respond.
May 24, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear everything is going well with the company and you find the management team to be helpful and responsive.

Worst Place
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
I will not recommend anybody to work in this place until all management is replaced. They are very unprofessional, unfair, only see things that are favorable for them and not the employees, everybody there is miserable. Everything there is done behind the employees back and they are backstabbers.
May 17, 2018

Thank you for submitting your review and sharing your thoughts on our company. We are sorry for the way that you felt you were treated during your employment with Metlang. Metlang has an Open Door Policy and employees are always encouraged to voice their concerns to management and give us a chance to address them. Metlang management is always looking for ways to improve and we pride ourselves in our familial and collaborative relationship with our employees. We truly care about our employees feeling valued and appreciated and strive to make Metlang the best language services company to work for.

- The Metlang team

Ok company, they don't offer steady work
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 7, 2018
Everything worked out pretty well. The only thing is that they don't really have steady work guaranteed and they might use you, or not, depending on need. Then, you don't get any holidays, vacation, health insurance, or nothing of the sort.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No steady work, no beneftis
April 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the nature of this industry is often unstable but we strive to have all of our employees working as much as possible. As there are periods of downtime, there are periods where work demand is high allowing for over time opportunities. We do not offer benefits for independent contractors but we do have openings throughout the country for jobs that do offer benefit packages. If you wish to apply go to: metlang.com.

Overall Great Place to Work
HR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2018
I feel like I am appreciated every day I come to work. My hard work is recognized by my superiors. Every day I know I am making a positive difference.
Pros
Interesting work, Fast Paced, Challenging, Never monotonous
Cons
N/a
March 28, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. Your hard work helps the company succeed and is appreciated everyday.

Exciting Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2018
I have enjoyed my time working with Metlang. The job does not get boring, each day there is a new challenge and/or task to work on. There is room for growth within the company, which is also important to me. I have been promoted during my time at Metlang, and I have seen consistent efforts to promote other employees from within the company. I think the pay is competitive and the company pays weekly, which is nice.
March 28, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad you enjoy working for the company and feel there is room for growth. We strive to help our employees succeed and promote from within.

Team Oriented & Genuine
Metropolitan Staff (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2018
Working at Metlang gives a family friendly vibe. Management gives everyone a voice. Your ideas and concerns are always considered and there is a great team effort in the overall mission.
March 21, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. The team effort would not be possible without you.

Exiting
ANALYTICAL LINGUIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 1, 2018
Very unstable, would not recommend for people looking for a stable job and rely on that money to make ends meet. It is exciting to work there. Management is the worst I've seen.
March 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We understand the nature of this industry is often unstable and there are periods of inactivity. All of our employees are valuable to us and and we strive to keep all of them working as much as possible.

- The Metlang team

Stick to the task at hand
Analytic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 16, 2018
Make sure you display confidence in your work. Study up on law enforcement and drug/street slang vocabulary. Remember that you are replaceable. Stay on the good side of the agents you work with.
February 19, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback and the tips provided to any future employee. We are glad you enjoy working for the company.

- The Metlang team

Stressful to work because any mistake can prevent the officers from doing their job.
Spanish Linguist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJ 07102February 16, 2018
This was a very well paid job, however it was stressful because any mistake may interfere with the investigations in question. I stopped being schedule and do to what I was told lack of work.
February 19, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We understand this line of work can be stressful but we are glad you took it as a positive challenge.

Great job!
Analytical Linguist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2017
This is the most interesting job I have ever had. I am very pleased to contribute with the Government my experience and knowledge to achieve positive results in the fight against crime.
February 6, 2018

We are glad you are enjoying your job. We would not be able to do it without you.

Management lacks profesionalism
TITLE III ANALYTICAL LINGUIST (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 27, 2017
Management would schedule their buddies regardless of their skills to do the job. I saw people coming to the HIDTA location from Riverside, and Camarillo while the local employees to the office were put on hold. There was lack of accountability for mistakes made, one day you were told to do one thing and the next day another.
February 12, 2018

Good employer
Analytical Linguist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2017
It is a really good company to work for. I have learned how to work in a fast paced environment and how to be a team player. I learn everyday how to be a good translator.
February 6, 2018

Thank you for your great review. Nothing makes us happier than knowing you are learning and growing while working for us. Thank you for enjoying your job and doing the best you can.

Two thumbs down
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2017
Poor Management. Metlang need to evaluate those in Management for that the work flow would not be so stressful and only concern with those who they (Management) want to employ.
February 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, we take your concerns seriously and continually strive to maintain a professional work environment. When issues are brought to our attention, we address them with our team and develop ways to improve the work experience for our employees.

not a stable job
Analytical Linguist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 9, 2017
Not a stable job, and management is unprofessional.

I really don't want to write a review but this thing is making me so here. Okay a few more words to go. Done.
February 7, 2018

In this line of work, investigations start and end with little notice, often for reasons beyond our control. Linguists generally understand that instability is inherent in this field and that there are periods of inactivity. But there are also periods of high demand where linguists are given the opportunity to work significant overtime, which helps to balance things out over the course of the year. All of our employees are valuable to us and and we strive to keep all of them working as much as possible.