Metro Access Employee Reviews for Owner Operator Driver

Stressed
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Temple Hills, MDNovember 5, 2018
I am a driver for Metro Access and I say this job is only meant for a person who really need a job now until they can find something better. First of all managers don’t know what they doing and Call Center in Hyattsville is a big joke to many young people or adults that act like children working there. Also they really don’t care about the customers. You literally don’t have a life because you ti tired on your days off. You always working at least 12 to 13 hour shifts per day. The same drivers get their same bid every three months we do our bidding for routes. Wmata is a joke with this Union contract they look out for regular metro but not for Metro Access drivers they could care less about us.
Pros
Cons
Don’t work here.
Driver Review
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDNovember 28, 2017
What we do as a job is very rewarding. You are helping people get around who have no one else to take them. You are helping them have a life outside of their homes. We are part security, part bell-hop, part driver, part PCA. We do a lot for our money that other para-transit drivers with other companies do not have to do. So that part of the job feels great.

The hardest part of the job is not feeling appreciated at work. Dispatch often takes us past out scheduled end-time as if we do not have families to get home to as well. For instance, I'm due to get off at 5:30 but there were times I've gotten off 1.5 hours past that because they give you pickups out of your way and that they know will take you past your end time but they simply do NOT care. That's when you feel taken advantage of and unappreciated.
Pros
The friends that you meet amongst clients and co-workers.
Cons
Must get permission to do the basic bodily function of going to the restroom.
Employment
Driver Operator (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 24, 2017
Being safe is all that matters in this environment especially with all of the traffic issues and accidents that occur each day. They have alot of room for improvement.
Pros
It's employment...
Cons
hourly rate for work produced.
challenge each day
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDDecember 15, 2016
Report to work in the early AM in all weather follow rules and regulation safe came first in all situations collect fare and pick up the clints on time and drop off as schedule received two awards for
customer service.
A nice place to work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDDecember 10, 2016
This job has all shifts that you could image available to work. I learn a lot about the clients we picked up and dropped off daily. This is a job that requires a lot of patience, management was understanding for the most part. You get to meet other hard working people. the hardest part of the job was having patience to deal with the public and all the different personalities. what i enjoyed most about the job was i felt as though i was getting paid to be kind, and give back.
Pros
all the overtime you want
Cons
healthcare
Senior/Disable Transporter
Operator/Driver (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDDecember 8, 2015
As a Driver for Metro Access my job is to pick up and drop off seniors and/or disable people, and transport them to any location of their choice. Also assist with door to door care whether its in a wheel chair, walker or just walking to assure of no hurt or harm.
Pros
The feeling of giving back, helping out.
Cons
No benefits, no radio, no raise.
Productive Workplace
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDDecember 2, 2014
Receiving a vehicle in complete work condition, once you inspect the vehicle before it leaves the lot it's not guaranteed that it will not break down. Applying driving rules on a daily basis at work makes you very aware of other drivers when you drive your own vehicle. Management was too friendly with certain employees. Co-workers were friendly for the most part. The first 90 days were the hardest because you had to do 12 hour days Monday thru Sunday it was mandatory. The weekend driving was the most enjoyable.
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
no benefits