Metro by T-Mobile Employee Reviews

Found 3,168 reviews matching the search See all 3,192 reviews
Excellent 10 year experience with the comopany
Account Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAFebruary 18, 2019
Typically completed 4 to 6 stops a day at retail stores. I made sure that all stores met corporate collateral responsibilities, all employees were trained on proper selling techniques and had a thorough knowledge of current promotions.
Pros
Dealing with people
Cons
Sometimes distance of commute to stores affected time spent in the stores.
Its a good place to work as
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande Valley, TXFebruary 16, 2019
The only reason I stopped working was because I relocated but other than that its a great job I was very competitive when it came to my job and I made sure to reach my daily goals every day
Fun place to work with
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2019
Be wary of who your team lead is. Supervisors have very little oversight and sometimes may get vindictive. The moment you can sense it though you can act and petition the senior management to place you on a new team.

However, you can interact with the customer in your own face, be an individual and not a robot. It is a great place to learn how to build rapport and entertain while serving the customers.
Metro
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLFebruary 15, 2019
While working with Metro I learned how to better read and up-sell customers on products and services. I acquired a better selling technique that later helped me achieve management position at another phone dealer.
Pros
amazing work atmosphere.
Cons
No commission
Fun workplace
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMFebruary 14, 2019
I mean It wasnt what I expected but its a job the team leader wasnt all that great but then again management was a little better than expected as well
Easy going
Retail sales, customer service (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZFebruary 13, 2019
Job consisted of learning monthly promotions and applying to the customer to update plans, upgrade devices, have customers open new account or switch to the carrier
Ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDFebruary 13, 2019
It was ok on days when you have a lot of customers. It made the day better when you had regular customers just come in and talk to you and ask questions.
Fun workplace with understanding boss
Authorized Dealer (Current Employee) –  Pahokee, FLFebruary 13, 2019
Working here was fun and easy to get accustomed to, I really enjoyed being an employee and learning new things everyday in the job. I love helping customers
Pros
Learning many things about phones
Cons
Working late
Fun place to work! Excited to sell customer phones and show new promotions
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2019
I had a great experience working at Metro By T-mobile ! Training was always fun and excited to show something new we are learning. Once your on the floor and show what you got to sell is amazing.
Cons
Short breaks
Great First Sales Rep. job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2019
I personally loved working at my particular authorized dealer. The main problem that I had with the job was the unrealistic goals set forth on certain sales reps. Plus the number of meetings/ phone conferences held even for those who only worked part time. Commission would probably improve your time spent working there.
Pros
Merchandise/ VIP Promos
fast paced work place
Cell Phone Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed having many responsibilities. Typical work day was busy, we took a lot of payments and sold phones. After the sale we showed the customer how to use their new phone and made sure they were comfortable with using it. I learned amazing customer service skills at metro by t mobile because I dealt with a lot of different people on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was not being able to solve a problem for a customer and having to send them to a corporate store.
Pros
Good boss
Depending on owner and management can be great place of working
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAFebruary 9, 2019
Overall it isn't a bad job. Just my current owner and managers don't treat myself or my coworkers with respect and definitely play the favorites card.
Pros
Flexible schedule (sometimes), Commission
Cons
Mistreatment from owners and managers
The Place I was working at, was just awful
Customer service, cashier, tech support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 9, 2019
There were many things that didnt really seemed fair to me in that place, even if you were a regular customer, the manager would never give you a discount.
Cons
gang members
Primarily capitalist
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Each store has a different way of operating if a customer goes to a metro location it is understood that customer service is not #1 priority. This statement is based on reviews from walk-in customers. Loopholes in the system allow stores to manipulate it and encourage customers to frequently buy phones, change phone numbers and be greedy. As opposed to long-term satisfaction, long-term customer base and save money.
Pros
Hustle is intense so it teaches employees hardwork
Cons
Not everyone appreciates the hustle
dont work there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHFebruary 7, 2019
do not recommend anyone to work there. Manager talks about you behind your back to other employees. The only care about themselves.WOrked 40+ hours when they want you to 6days a week. Then when they dont want you anymore then they drop you to 18hrs a week working 5 days a week.
Pros
Cons
all
Great Team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDFebruary 7, 2019
We all work together well as a team and make sure the custromers are in good hands. No matter what the situation is, the customer will always come first.
Pros
discounts
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCFebruary 6, 2019
Great perks good service great employess i would recommend to many others to swithch over and grab the free phones and things that come with it.people wont lose service
Great for work experience but very demanding
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alamo, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Just remember these three words: Sell, sell, sell! There are several rewards for selling accessories and plans to customers and flexible hours to work with your college schedule! Very demanding!
Very fun to work at
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Great place to start my experience with customer service and also learning how to close and open register , also easy to learn and very good experience .
Pros
Always ate during work
Cons
Short breaks
Working there was great until I noticed how differently I was being treated, our manager would show special treatment and flirt with the staff.
Metro PCS (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAFebruary 5, 2019
I noticed change in the managers behavior he would treat me different because I was the youngest. In all I lasted there for almost two years I just got tired of the mistreatment
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
no breaks, horrible pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro by T-Mobile. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight