Metro Care Services,Inc Employee Reviews

Metro Care
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2018
We make a difference in our neighbors’ lives by providing behavioral health, primary care, pharmacy, housing and supportive services.Last year, 15,000 children received care from Metrocare
Poor management and pay
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2018
I don't even want to type about this company. It's not worth the time. Just run!! Even upper management is a joke. They all work together. The company also is forcing you to do illegal documenting to make them money. Their all about Quantity and not Quality. Good luck on your search!!
Pros
I cant think of any
Cons
Metrocare
awesome networking
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 17, 2018
Great resources, amazing staff that are willing to help out with any needs. Highly recommended. You are able to have an alternative caregiver for any other reasons.
Not a friendly place to work
HSC Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
Working with people with intellectual disabilities is a calling, and not just something to make a pay check. It was difficult meeting the demands of seeing 45-60 families each month, and also not receiving and compassion from the leadership team if a person did not make the "bench".
Productive place to work at you get to help others in need
Business Support ll (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
I really loved working at metrocare even though i was there 4 short months it was by far the best job i ever had. Great benefits awesome work environment strongly recommend this job!
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Challenging patients
A typical day at work
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2018
schedule appointments for psychologist
assisted clients with Medicaid waiver programs
also worked with school districts, CPS and APS
collected and reviewed records from schools and families for clients
Pros
fast paced and busy all day
Cons
not enough time in the day and pay
Management is irresponsible and not transparent
Clinincal Manager IV (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2018
Company does not back up employees. Organization is in financial despair due to negligent practices by the CEO.

Policies and procedures are not followed/applicable to all employees.

Treatment of employees is not fair, or consistent and there are unattainable work goals for productivity.

Field staff are often in dangerous situations and are not supported by the company as a whole.

Company repeatedly stated false information regarding job security then conducted a large layoff.
Pros
Can be flexible with hours
Cons
Unfair practices with employees, QMHP's are urged to push ethical boundaries for the purpose of generating revenue through billing
My experience
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2018
Metroccare was a neat place to work for. As long as you meet your A and B contacts for the month no one bothered you. You were able to develop your own schedule and you had a lot of freedom. I would definitely try to work there again if I lived in the DFW area.
Pros
Create your own schedule
Cons
Had to use your own vehicle for visits.
Okay if you aren't "insubordinate" or don't question mgmt
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 9, 2018
The main issue I had with this company was the push for providing unwanted services to clients in order to meet benchmarks-almost like "sneaking" billable services into time with clients when they were not there for those services or flat out denied wanting them. On top of this, your evaluations and raises are based on your production of $, which by the way, there are many clients you see as a QMHP whose services are not billable by the hour based on the financial program they are under. So the work you do with them isn't calculated in the benchmark (which makes no sense at all to base performance on $ produced.) Also, the amount of work they expect you to do within 40 hours was ridiculous. For instance, I was asked to schedule 8 clients a day (each session was one hour) within 8 hours, which wouldn't be so bad if I was in office however in my position, I had to commute to each client's home. So it was impossible to see this many clients within a typical 8 hr work day - not to mention complete notes for each session. I know many people who wrote notes off the clock and only clock in to submit them. When I asked the direct supervisor about these issues, I was not offered any answers or solutions or help with managing these issues however I was accused of being "insubordinate."

Also, they only offered high deductible health coverage, so by the time you might meet your deductible (if you don't have major health issues) the year may be over and you gotta start all over again next year. They do try to spin it as a great benefit lol

The most enjoyable part of the job was actually
  more... working with clients and helping them. They also had fun in office events for holidays, bdays, etc.  less
Pros
most co-workers were nice and helpful, fun parties/lunches, flexibility in making your own schedule
Cons
poor guidance from mgmt, questionable ethics, money-driven
Fun workplace
PAYROLL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
Not a stable company. CEO did not administer funds appropriately, therefore there were times we did not know if we would get paid. Too may managers and supervisors.
Not worth the stress...
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2018
Very poor work/life balance due to unrealistic expectations without the proper tools to get them done. Never a 40hr work week or you will not meet your quota. The clients are the beat part but Metrocare treats them like a dollar sign.
Pros
Being out in the field. Co workers are very helpful
Cons
Unrealistic quota, chage without notice, poor supervision, no work/life balance.
Fast pace
Business Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2018
great place to work, never a dull moment. the people here are so caring and truly enjoy working together to help their patients feel comfortable. Customer service is great
I wish I had nicer things to say....
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2018
Key points that I would have liked to know before I agreed to work for Metrocare...
Unrealistic productivity and benchmarks.
Poor upper management.
Company is not transparent about financial difficulties.
Low potential for growth, very high turnover.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unrealistic productivity, poor clinical management
Expectations are unrealistic.
Qualified Mental Health Proffesional (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2018
Management expects workers to see 5+ individuals a day and they are not close enough to get them in and give sufficient services. Quotas are what is most important, not people.
Pros
Pay, healthcare
Cons
Management is not supportive of employees
I would not return to Dallas Metrocare
Bilingual Individual Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2018
Dallas Metrocare has become a business and lost quality services to families in need. This is not an agency that I would recommend family or friends to work.
Loved the population I served
Service Coordinator, IDD (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
The relationship with the individuals and their families are the best experience I have encountered in Texas. The management is open to suggestions and willing listening. I learned a lot in regards to the Intellectual Developmental Disability community.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enouugh pay
Nice company to work for if you love helping others
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2018
Good place to work I learned a lot.Just didnt like the way supervisor talked to staff.She was unprofessional.Liked the staff and the clients the job there was eye opening.
Don’t care much about Clients or QMHP’s
Jail Diversion Caseworker/QMHP (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2018
This company is fraud capital. They had us billing on clients who were in jail weekly. You have to transport clients with bed bugs in your own personal vehicle. No company phones but they give you a stipend. They don’t care about the client needs they only care about numbers... bill bill bill bill . Not to mention the QMHP ‘s don’t even see their clients for the amount of time they bill for. They bill for a hour and only see the Clients for 20mins if that.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Fraudulent activity, weak supervisor, drama in work environment
Productivity focused vs patient focused
APN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Focus only on benchmark and number of patients seen per day. Constantly pushed to see more and more clients. Managers hate to give time off Prescribers have minimal control over their schedule. I would never work there again.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Toxic work environment
Good stepping stone
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Case management is never easy, but Metrocare makes it feel almost impossible. The caseloads are extremely high and the documentation never ends.
You have to love the population, otherwise you will run quickly because this company is never satisfied and will never show appreciation.
Pros
You can pretty much make your own schedule.
Cons
EVERYTHING is a priority. NOTHING is good enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Care Services,Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight