Metro Care Services,Inc Employee Reviews

Happy with Management at MY office.
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZApril 5, 2019
I'm extremely happy with the management at the Prescott Valley branch and would gladly work for her again. I loved every aspect of my job and if I hadn't of relocated, I would still be there.
I only Work With Clients Metro care is an agency i just go & pick up my check twice a Month They are nice
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2019
I enjoy My client I get there everyday around 11 am we talk about Last night Events and Little Politics..I make Tea & began to prep Meals For That day ..Its Intresting Because This Client Has No children or Family so its sn opportunity For This Client To interact With a Live Person.The Agency Is Just an Agency I work out of So I don' t Interact with Them very much..They are very good about Clocking You in If You forget.My clients hrs are regulated by the Government so the client is Only Allowed 19 hrs a week..I JUST need More Hours
Pros
Hours are Flexible
Cons
Can' t get more hrs
DYSFUNCTIONAL 🗣 not a good first job for case management! DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!
IDD Waiver Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2019
Training- 4 week “crash course” on what case management entails (cool easy money)

After training- you have no real concept of what is to come in the “real world”

“The real world”- you are expected to organize yourself (almost fair), design an entire system that works for you (this could take months) on how to physically see 50+ Clients MONTHLY, along with documentation in 3 (at minimum) different places, talk to 3+ People about those same 50+clients you saw (document that too) , track everything you did, as well as have supervisors ask you what you have done because the systems are soooo poorly designed that they “can’t track it” because the system does not have a “report for them to pull” so the same way you count it, is how they COULD count it, handle all client issues (because our clients need things on top of just visiting them). Also, keep track of all annual plans needing renewal (for all 50+) And let’s not discuss POP UP/ DAY OF MANDATORY “Team building days”. Send out things to providers (annual plans, updated annual plans, etc) etc etc etc etc
EVERY DAY OF EVERY MONTH.

So the question then becomes..... WHAT DOES MANAGEMENT DO?

I can tell you what they DON’T do; WORK.

Giving them suggestions on how to make things better is a foreign concept, and it goes through one ear and out of the other. For example, We had a all unit meeting where we voiced concerns about doing double and triple the work....not ONE concern was addressed LET ALONE written down.

If you are not a “yes man” or a person that does whatever just to get by, then you will be targeted
  more... for challenging the subpar work standard and status quo of work and work environment.

There is NO structure or standard in the HCS department what-so-ever. Whatever you can bill Medicaid for and get away with is the standard. So if that means doing unethical things to meet your “quota” so be it. They care about BILLING MEDICAID not client care or satisfaction.

One person in management stated: “it’s about quantity OVER quality”

I have had MANY jobs in different areas including case management positions doing the SAME EXACT JOB and was mastering it; HERE, I was soooooo stressed, I had trouble sleeping, managing work life balance, and was flat out depressed from all the stress and pressure from the work load but most importantly a work environment that DID NOT set me up for success at all.

One thing I did learn was that NO JOB is worth your mental health.

Find another place of employment.
Pros
Medical insurance; benefits package
Cons
See review. TRUST ME!
Dedicated and hard working team members
Vice-President, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2019
The staff truly cares and goes above beyond to ensure the clients receive excellent care. I had the great opportunity to work with some top performers and very gifted staff.
Big Texas toy run was fun
Director of Facilities/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2019
They seem to have a lot of reduction of force. They seem to have a problem in paying their bills on time. They lost foster care while I was there. I am in great hopes they will improve since the service they provide is critical
Pros
Truck provided
Cons
No backing from administration
Interesting, challenging, but educational employment for the counseling field
Qualified Mental Health Professional /LPC-Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Metrocare is a stressful place to work but you can gain alot of knowledge and experience with working with the mental health population. Metrocare field based position is beneficial but still stressful at times. You have to like challenges, present to be caring, and eager to help others in order to fulfill your obligations in the field. You need to have good time management, organization, and structure in order to prevent stressful issues . I enjoyed being out in the field, and you get to experience and witness working with individuals with all type of personality disorders, and all mental health diagnosis such as MDD, Bipolar, and Schizophrenia.
Pros
HSA Benefits- company match, field based position, mild freedom
Cons
low salary and hourly rate
Great flexibility
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2019
Metrocare was great for flexibility. The CSC position allows for you to make your own schedule and work remotely for the majority of the week. You do have to travel to meet with clients and attend meetings. The monthly benchmark was almost impossible to make. There were constant reprimands when benchmark was not made, but very few praises for those who were able to meet.
Business Support Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2018
Being part of a working team is always a plus, I enjoy working with people and doing what I need to do to get the job done in a timely manner. I am a problem solver because I like peace. I can work with anyone that's the enjoyment to me on a job. I am and willing to learn.
Pros
Working with new people
Cons
No Cons
Overall
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2018
great company to work for and also if you want to learn about what it is they do as a company. I enjoyed everyday working and doing what I love to do is help assist the world of behavioral health services and primary care.
summary
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2018
I love being with my clients and helping them. I love making sure that they get the services that they need. I am a person that likes to help even if it is rehabilitation.
Review
Care Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2018
I did like working there. The only problem is they had a massive lay over, due to the CEO issue. Their issue becomes your issue. My Sup. was pretty nice matter of fact I loved her never had one like her before. Just go in and do what is needed and you will be good. Never had an issue besides the one listed above.
Metrocare Doesn’t Care About it’s Clients or Employees
SC (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2018
If you’re in a position that generates revenue for Metrocare, than that’s all that’s expected of you. Metrocare only cares about money. It’s never taken into consideration your clients may be in distress, and this may prevent you from meeting your numbers. There’s a threat of write up for everything. If you don’t meet your numbers, if you claim overtime, if somebody complains. They also will not invest in the tools needed to complete your job, and they put a lot of clients personal information at risk. On top of that Metrocares clients, employees, and employee family information was compromised because Metrocare is too cheap to protect the information.

METROCARE- it is not okay to manipulate employees into working off the clock by way of threats. It is not okay to sacrifice the well being of a community so your execs and continue to get raises
Pros
Clients, being somewhat mobile
Cons
Terrible employer, only cares about money, no work life balance, will expect you to work off the clock
Stressfull Work Environment
Qualified Mental Health Provider (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2018
Your were required to do more work then your normal work hours to keep up with the job demands. I learned how to improve the quality of life my clients lacked by encouraging and motivating them. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my clients quality of life improve. I enjoyed making a difference.
Pros
A great work environment
Cons
A heavy case load that was difficult to keep updated with limited time.
Stressful
Home and Community Based Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2018
Metrocare can be very stressful at time with the workload that is placed on one person. I feel that Metrocare is a great place for a young person to start at to learn case management, but it should not be a long term job.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
More work then one person can handal
Metro Care
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2018
We make a difference in our neighbors’ lives by providing behavioral health, primary care, pharmacy, housing and supportive services.Last year, 15,000 children received care from Metrocare
Poor management and pay
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2018
I don't even want to type about this company. It's not worth the time. Just run!! Even upper management is a joke. They all work together. The company also is forcing you to do illegal documenting to make them money. Their all about Quantity and not Quality. Good luck on your search!!
Pros
I cant think of any
Cons
Metrocare
awesome networking
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 17, 2018
Great resources, amazing staff that are willing to help out with any needs. Highly recommended. You are able to have an alternative caregiver for any other reasons.
Not a friendly place to work
HSC Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2018
Working with people with intellectual disabilities is a calling, and not just something to make a pay check. It was difficult meeting the demands of seeing 45-60 families each month, and also not receiving and compassion from the leadership team if a person did not make the "bench".
Productive place to work at you get to help others in need
Business Support ll (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2018
I really loved working at metrocare even though i was there 4 short months it was by far the best job i ever had. Great benefits awesome work environment strongly recommend this job!
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Challenging patients
A typical day at work
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2018
schedule appointments for psychologist
assisted clients with Medicaid waiver programs
also worked with school districts, CPS and APS
collected and reviewed records from schools and families for clients
Pros
fast paced and busy all day
Cons
not enough time in the day and pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Care Services,Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Metro Care Services,Inc Reviews by Location