Metro Diner Employee Reviews

Generally decent place to work.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2018
Friendly coworkers working together to get the job done. Kitchen staff is top notch, front house is excellent in customer service. Breaks are "take 5", meaning as long as you're caught up you can go outside and take a smoke break, or go sit down for 5 minutes.
Pros
Free meal, decent hours, decent coworkers
Cons
Bad coworkers, long hours
I had a miserable time working at this restaurant.
Server/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALAugust 8, 2018
Metro Diner would be a great place to work at if the employees there weren’t all on drugs and treated poorly by management. It’s honestly a very degrading atmosphere and I did not enjoy my time there.
Wow
Host (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAAugust 7, 2018
Nice coworkers, very little money made. managers are very nice, food is good. they could improve by giving more shifts and positions should be paid more
Fun place to work.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 1, 2018
Come in, learn and they make sure u have the tools to be successful. All servers are nice polite, and caring. All managers are very helpful , understanding and willing to do whatever gets the job done.
Great experience to work under pressure
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
Is a good place,good food , good service and definitely a great experience to learn how work under pressure, since your start until you finish ,all the time busy
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not benefits
An awesome job with a tyrant co-partner
Server (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 24, 2018
I was a part of the grand opening in my town. The food is delicious, the environment fun. However, the co-partnering leader was verbally abuseful. That is what caused me to seek other employment.
Pros
50% off meals in house
I loved it, very fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 23, 2018
i loved working there, paid good, fun place to work, i just wanted to have time off with my baby. It would get overwhelming at times, but it was a great place to work.
Fast-paced diner with energetic employees.
Server/Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2018
The pay was great for this job. During the week it is typically less busy and the weekends you work for a long time without knowing when you will be able to leave/no breaks. The management was extremely poor. Other managers have even left because of how terrible the place was being run. Managers will yell at employees when its busy and expect you to make up the slack for other employees in a different field but won't help out themselves. Overall I did like this job despite the management being the only thing I really had an issue with.
Pros
good pay, schedule flexibility
Cons
long hours on weekends, poor management
Always smiles and laughs even in stressful situations.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 16, 2018
Amazing place to work at with many great people, payment was not enough at the position I carried but again, amazing workplace and lifelong friends. At metro diner I learned that working at 110% was minimal, come in with the attitude to work hard and give your all at whatever you do, the most enjoyable part of my job was everyone’s attitude around even in stressful situations. When there was a full house there was always someone right beside me smiling and helping me through it.
Pros
Very friendly atmosphere
Cons
No break without a double
Serene and Eastern
Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 28, 2018
This is for our location because it is fairly new. The other locations are busy and very fun, it's just our location is not that busy, way too many server for the little customers we would receieve, and the manager/owner micro manages.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough guests
productive
Hostess (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLJune 27, 2018
It's a very fast paced work environment. Even as a host, you were constantly running around bussing tables as soon as people would leave, setting them, greeting people and walking them to their table. It was fun working there because it was my first job and it taught me a lot.
Pros
discounts
Lots of room for advancements
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Mandarin FL, Hendrix Ave FLJune 26, 2018
metro diner has been an up and coming company for years. Lots of room for advancement. Good benefits, and good concept. Very family based and if your willing to work they are willing to take care of you.
Pros
managers have to work every weekend and 55 hrs a week
Cons
health insurance, paid vacation, wonderful managers
Their way of running the business is great poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 25, 2018
Extremely poor management! Always understaffed with bussers and hostesses, but overly staffed servers! Servers have to pay a 2% tipout for the sales and most the time you are bussing all your tables and helping seat! I do not have a problem paying a tipout but when you don’t have a full staff it is not fair! The scheduling manager plays favorites and they bipass good employees and give their favorites the better hours and the key holder positions. The key holder is like an assistant manager and they give it to people who only worry about themselves and not the place as a whole! They complain when they have to stay later and say how mad they are until they get to leave! I would recommend metro diner just not the one off coldwater road in Fort Wayne, because no matter how hard you work you will get walked on and the scheduling is horrible!!
Messy Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 20, 2018
Management seemed to be new at the job. Far too many servers were scheduled on a single shift, so no one made any real money. Furthermore, favoritism played a big part in promotions, and more deserving people were overlooked. Management did not handle issues amongst coworkers well, and made either too rushed decisions, or no decision at all. The kitchen staff was great, however as were the servers, and the food is arguably some of the best in Fredericksburg. I enjoyed the way Metro Diner worked, and the atmosphere encouraged amongst our co-workers and guests. Could have made an exceptional amount of money if management let up on the reigns. Would recommend other people to work there if at least the scheduling problem were resolved.
Pros
Discounted food, fun co-workers, great quality, family atmosphere.
Cons
Scheduling
Fast Paced Environment
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 10, 2018
Come in ready to work! Fast moving environment with a supportive management team. I would 10/10 recommend as a place of employment to my friends and family.
Pros
Employee discount on food
Cons
As a host, the tips can be a bit skimpy
Fun place to work but horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed working at metro diner for the few months that I worked there but after a little while the management went bad really quick. If you don't have a high tolerance for a bunch of BS I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Fun place great food
Cons
Horrible management
Franchise feel
Busser/ Drink & Food Runner/ Host (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 31, 2018
Work is fine here. Expect less than 30 hrs and less then that sometimes as its slow on the weekdays. The weekends are busy but kinda chaotic I like working there
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
hours
Great experience
Dishwasher and Busboy (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLMay 29, 2018
Metro Diner was probably one of my favorite working experiences, it felt like I was on the restaurant equivalent of Scrubs. I learned a lot at this place and I can't recommend it enough!
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Not accommodating schedule wise
Good place
Server (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 2, 2018
metro diner was a wonderful place to work and the people were great and the environment was alot of fun i highly recommend working here. lots of opportunity to move up.
A fun and excitig place and company to be apart of.
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 2, 2018
Love this place and I'm very happy here. Its a company were you feel like family and are treated with respect. They will teach you if your willing to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Diner. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.7Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight