METRO Ford Management reviews

Good Workplace
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 25, 2018
Good Workplace nice environment nice coworkers flexible schedule hours are ok pay is ok management is ok look for something else to expand my work
competitive, commission based position, not to friendly.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 26, 2018
fast, already knew the business, management was ok, cut-throat commission sales environment, to far to travel each day and people in your business, most enjoyable part of the day was leaving.
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
Poor management and unorganized
Porter (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOFebruary 1, 2018
It was stressful. Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. I had 3-6 people barking orders at me and couldn’t get all my work done. I was the only one in my position and my managers kept getting fired.
Pros
Set days to work
Cons
Unorganized and stressful with management
would not recommend
Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 20, 2017
Metro use to be a nice place to work. The manager that was hired likes to micromanage others and she doesn't know how to do their job also the manager makes you feel like you are no one. They make you feel so little and always talks down on you.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 7, 2016
I love working for Metro Ford! This is a fun place to work and to make great money! My day is filled with trying to get to know my customers and there needs and matching them with a vehicle that best suits there needs and there budget! Its not always an easy task but it is so rewarding when you see the smile on the customers face! I have learned to listen to the customers and I've learned many new sales techniques that have advanced my communication skills.

The management at Metro Ford is exceptional! They are very caring and they truly care about not only the customers, but the employees as well! My co-workers are very helpful and they work as a team! Its incredible how well we all work together!

The hardest part of this job is the hours. There are many nights I don't get home till 10pm or later. When you are with a customer you must stay till the job is done for the day. It does put a strain on your family.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know people and building long term customer relations!
Pros
Good money, Great team work
Stressful & Unproductive Environment
Sales & Leasing Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2016
Very stressful environment. Promises are made and not kept. The hardest part of the job was that it was unorganized and it was lacking in teamwork. Their is a lack of management and leadership in general.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers. The coworkers were unhappy and disgruntled.
Positive Place to Work!
Customer Service Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 28, 2014
Great Management in the sales, service, bodyshop, and parts.
Management, co workers, customers are all welcoming and nice, and have an honest conversation with you.

The hardest part of the job was the opened Saturdays that had to be worked. It was enjoyable to be in a auto dealership environment.
Pros
Free Coffee, easy going environment
Cons
Working Every Saturday
high stress environment
New Car Salesman (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 10, 2013
One of those jobs you have to be cut out for. Management will help you learn the basics, but throw you to the wolves when your done. Due to the nature of the business, co-workers don't offer much help
Pros
good income
Cons
income is commission based.
A place that runs itself
Service Dispatcher/Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 9, 2012
A typical day at Metro Ford began with me prepairing to open up the facility for operations. I supervised movement of all vehicles out of the shop then coordinated daily work assigments and inspected and made sure all equipemnet was ready for use. I learned very quickly that each day a new crisis came to life. somedays compressors would quit without warning. Rack would fail or employees would not show up. Each day I found solutions to these issues. I found management did not really back or support an employee and at times one is left to resolve issues on their own. Also nobody in magment wanted to update or replace worn out equipment. It was band aided back together until it was no longer repairable. Coeworkers were any interesting part of the job. Some worked fine and did their jobs while some did not. Managemnt chose not to deal with these issuesand the hardest part of the job is policy and rules applied to some but not all of the workforce. This led to stressful days and at times it was like one was set up to fail. The only good part of this job was a half day now and then. The pay at times I was promised one thing and then got another. When trying to resolve this was told will make it up to you next month.
Pros
got paid on time
Cons
management failed to support staff