Metro One Loss Prevention Employee Reviews

No one really knows what's going on
Overnight Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 15, 2018
I will give this the most fair review possible. I will lay out all the details about my almost 2 years of experience with this company. I started off stationed at a warehouse with a large number of people that they hired along with me. They had many different stations to work as a normal security team would in a very busy warehouse. I was able to meet my supervisor and manager that day only to find out they were no longer with the company due to reasons unknown.

This incident will be the recurring theme of the review of this company. NOTHING is secure and fully functioning with the Metro One team. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR JOB SECURITY AND AN ENVIRONMENT WITH JOB ADVANCEMENT, LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE PLEASE!

It is possible to be swapped around from location to location, and you will have a hard time having a stable income due to the low hours they provide. I was lucky enough to get stable hours at the warehouse because the manager that was relieved was able to promote me before he left giving me a sense of reputation with the company.

I have had many hard times with the managers and "Bosses" of the company throughout my time at this company. There is constantly random faces walking in telling you that they are in charge, and it is frustrating to take the job as a security guard seriously when you can't find out who is really your boss.

I was later moved to retail security when the warehouse shut down and the retail store was honestly the best part of the job. I was lucky to get a place where people were relieved to see me and knew that the place was safe as soon as I walked
  more... in. Unfortunately, the people that felt that way was not a part of the Metro One team. In fact, the Metro One team felt the exact opposite of what the store felt about me.

I was later suspended OVER THE PHONE by one of my "bosses" for unknown reasons. I made many attempts to go to the office to find out what was wrong and what needed to be done to clear up the suspension. They refused to give me any information and I was not given any signed notice or pay for my suspension. I was a full-time employee for the company and I did not have any sick days, paid time off, vacation, medical, 401k, or anything beneficial to me.

I have seen many people get fired from the company or quit for better opportunities. My scenario is not the first that this company has done and it certainly won't be the last. The fact that there are so many people in the office working as your "boss" and no one really knows who they are says a lot about the structure. There are people I know that has worked in that company for almost 10 years and has stayed in the same position begging for a promotion while a "boss" will promote their best friend or brother as a "boss."
Pros
Decent hourly pay
Job for when you need one
Store Detective/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2018
My time there I was used an unappreciated as an employee. Favortism played into promotions as well as job postings and hours that you worked. Would not recommend the company for anyone looking for a career in the industry.
Run far and fast away from this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 21, 2018
There is no reason for a company this size to have payroll discrepancies every week! They refuse to offer direct deposit. Managers lie just to rush you out of the office and lock the door. What training? You receive a timesheet, 1 uniform (usually the wrong size) and a post assignment. The management team creates a hostile environment and are not very receptive to those with experience and fresh ideas.
Pros
They do not check on the guards
Cons
They do not check on the guards
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your feedback and will look into this comment.

We are looking into Direct Deposit.

Transportation
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJOctober 19, 2018
The only issue I have with this company is that they do not allow you for work if you don't have a personal vehicle. The location where I work were convenient to get to even if I had to take public transportation.

Appreciate your feedback.

Please clarify location vs transportation with another review.

Metro One's bad culture starts from the top. It's owners and senior management do not care about their employees.
Employee (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 18, 2018
Metro One is notorious in offering one position when you're first hired and then changing your role and job functions without regard to it's employee's well being. They spread their staff too thin and to a point that most people either quit or wind up terminated because they couldn't perform excessively. The company is run by a small circle of henchmen who persistantly maintain a hostile work environment. If their clients knew how twisted this company was, Metro One would go out of business.
Cons
No direct deposit, constant payroll issues, no business structure, unorganized, no HR support, employees are belittled and screamed at
steady work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 16, 2018
A typical Day at work was very stressful having to Deal with Different types of personality of the truck drivers and all the paper work that kept changing in and day out.
Pros
outside all the time
Cons
changing of paper work, & personalitys
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your feedback and we will communicate concerns to Client.

Excellent
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 15, 2018
It's been more than a year that I work as security guard the manager respects me and gives me the opportunity to work more hours than possible during a week
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we will passion this information to ou Quincy Mass Manager

Metro one loss prevention services don't care about their guards
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 14, 2018
Metro one was exciting to work in. I enjoyed working there for events and they did satisfy my needs. The fact I got written while I was at a funeral and in New Jersey, that's when they crossed the line. I was awesome at what I did. I did things that other guards was not able to do. I would've gave them a high review but they wrote me up for no reason at all.
Pros
Looks great on resume for the events they have provided
Cons
Deducted lunch break time on check, deducted check if your 15 min late
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your comments and not sure if there was a miss communication along the way about this situation.

Please clarify.

Good place for gaining experience, NICE PEOPLE
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
If pay was better, or benefits id work for them. They also messed up people's checks frequently. But its fixed. Nice people but the pay raises only came because of the wage raises required by the state
Pros
they try to look out and work with you
Cons
pay
November 7, 2018

Thank you for you feedback.

Please know we do offer Benefits now for all of our guards.

Relaxed work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I been working for metro one for 6 years now and they have treated me ok, my only issues are my salary, no benefits and no pay vacations. Salary I only have an issue because I've been working for the company for 6 years and I'm getting paid the same amount as a new hire.
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your feedback and we are sure you know that we now offer Benefits.

Fun place to work at im still working here.
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 22, 2018
I like working for metro one tbh this is probably the very first security company that promoted me and gave me a decent raise cause of my work skill's I would recommend people to work for my company.
Pros
Good break's
Cons
More pay for the right job you doing and everything that position comes with
October 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send in your comments about Metro One.

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review and we are pleased that you like working at Metro One.

November 7, 2018

Appreciate you comments on Metro One!!

Confident you deserved the promotion and that you are doing a great job!!

It’s not bad
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 22, 2018
It’s and okay job to Kind of help you start back up in Security filed but you have to keep going into office you get no answer and they will call you last minute or tell you your contract up the same week
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No direct deposit
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your feedback and we are looking into Direct Deposit in the near future.

Poor Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2018
The managers never communicate about anything and that causes scheduling issues, payroll issues, and all kinds of problems for the working security officers. They have no paid time off, no sick leave, no 401k, no form of health insurance no benefits for their officers what so ever.
Pros
The will hired you if you have a license
Cons
Very unprofessional
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your comments and will communicate your concerns.

We do now offer Health Insurance.

Liked the security part of this job.
Security Guard (Unarmed)/ Auditor (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PASeptember 6, 2018
Liked this job it was fun and you really had to count on yourself for everything that you needed. Most of the people I worked with were great. I would recommend this job to others.
October 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send in your thoughts on Metro One.

We are pleased that you would recommend Metro One to others.

Horrible work environment with nothing to gain
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2018
Management was horrible and hard to deal with and had double standards for employees,lied, violated laws, violated labor laws, didnt want to hand over pay checks, forced me to travel a hour to get my check, changed policy without notification, made up rules as they went, Etc.
Easy Place To Work, Nothing Goes On
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJAugust 10, 2018
Nice And Easy
Learn How To Paste Myself
Management wasnt that great
everyone was friendly
hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day
the most enjoyable part of the job was talking and helping new people everyday
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we will pass on your comments to the New Jersey Office.

They will not pay you
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  OaklandAugust 9, 2018
I waited a week for my last check when I told them I was leaving they don’t have good good Communication skills Between workers and the contracting companies very Unorganized and unprofessional talk too people very rudely
Pros
Cons
Very forgetful
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your feedback and will pass on your comments to the appropriate office.

Worse company in the Security Industry
Branch Security Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2018
Horrible company. An unprofessional disorganized excuse of a company. This company is a disgrace to the security industry. An old lady who is the aunt of one of the owners (calling herself quality control) call the branches daily and literally harasses branch managers over trivial matters, demanding security officers be fired on the spot without investigation, lying, cheating and much much more. I complained and the harassment just intensified. It was a very hostile environment to work. All the branches are outdated, unprofessional and they hire anyone off the street and threw them in a security officer uniform. It's disgusting.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
corrupt, over charging of customers, untrained security officers, 1990s style of security, horrible pay
Stressful , non professional
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 3, 2018
The company is very unprofessional, un caring of employees , hours was cut every week due to trying to accommodate new hires. The management was horrible.
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work here they have a good benefits package plus its room for advancement and growth within the company the managers and supervisors are very nice
Pros
Cons
Standing long periods of time
November 7, 2018

Thank you for your comments and we will partner with our WDC office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro One Loss Prevention. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7