Metro One Loss Prevention Employee Reviews

Run far and fast away from this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 21, 2018
There is no reason for a company this size to have payroll discrepancies every week! They refuse to offer direct deposit. Managers lie just to rush you out of the office and lock the door. What training? You receive a timesheet, 1 uniform (usually the wrong size) and a post assignment. The management team creates a hostile environment and are not very receptive to those with experience and fresh ideas.
Pros
They do not check on the guards
Cons
They do not check on the guards
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your feedback and will look into this comment.

We are looking into Direct Deposit.

Metro One's bad culture starts from the top. It's owners and senior management do not care about their employees.
Employee (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 18, 2018
Metro One is notorious in offering one position when you're first hired and then changing your role and job functions without regard to it's employee's well being. They spread their staff too thin and to a point that most people either quit or wind up terminated because they couldn't perform excessively. The company is run by a small circle of henchmen who persistantly maintain a hostile work environment. If their clients knew how twisted this company was, Metro One would go out of business.
Cons
No direct deposit, constant payroll issues, no business structure, unorganized, no HR support, employees are belittled and screamed at
Metro one loss prevention services don't care about their guards
Retail Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 14, 2018
Metro one was exciting to work in. I enjoyed working there for events and they did satisfy my needs. The fact I got written while I was at a funeral and in New Jersey, that's when they crossed the line. I was awesome at what I did. I did things that other guards was not able to do. I would've gave them a high review but they wrote me up for no reason at all.
Pros
Looks great on resume for the events they have provided
Cons
Deducted lunch break time on check, deducted check if your 15 min late
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your comments and not sure if there was a miss communication along the way about this situation.

Please clarify.

A decent starting point
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2019
Metro One loss prevention is good for those who are starting out in the security profession. That being said, with my background coming from the Navy, it was a step back for me. While it did have good work sites like Barnes and Noble for example, the problems with the company are very apparent.
A great place to work and start a career in Security--A+!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 20, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Metro One, my Superiors were great, the pay was good, my hours were great, my fellow guards became my friends. Would clock in at 5:45 am, got 2 10 minute breaks in my 0600 am-1430 pm shift, plus a 30 minute lunch break; spent 2 hours at each entrance, checking receipts against purchases, reporting suspicious activity to fellow guards and Superiors, directing customers to correct Department, or desk (Order or Contract desk, Returns desk, etc.). I learned about what a 'Recovery" was, and how to electronically (and manually) submit a Recovery report, learned what 'staging' of merchandise was; suspicious behavior; and how to report such and to whom.
Hardest part: confronting people trying to steal; Most enjoyable: meeting and greeting customers, directing them to different departments (concierge-type duties).
Pros
A great company to work for!
Cons
No negative aspects to company or job.
January 14, 2019

We thank you and appreciate your honest feedback about Metro One.

Sounds like you had some great learnings as well.

Hope you are dong well since you left Metro One!!

Terrible
Ex (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 2, 2018
The job has employees that are very inappropriate with each other and that keep up a lot of drama at work. The employees also don’t really do they job they stand at the door and show off pics of females and talk about inappropriate things about girls. It’s just the worse place for anybody to work
Pros
Pay
Cons
Employees
Fun place to work at im still working here.
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 22, 2018
I like working for metro one tbh this is probably the very first security company that promoted me and gave me a decent raise cause of my work skill's I would recommend people to work for my company.
Pros
Good break's
Cons
More pay for the right job you doing and everything that position comes with
October 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to send in your comments about Metro One.

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review and we are pleased that you like working at Metro One.

November 7, 2018

Appreciate you comments on Metro One!!

Confident you deserved the promotion and that you are doing a great job!!

Poor Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2018
The managers never communicate about anything and that causes scheduling issues, payroll issues, and all kinds of problems for the working security officers. They have no paid time off, no sick leave, no 401k, no form of health insurance no benefits for their officers what so ever.
Pros
The will hired you if you have a license
Cons
Very unprofessional
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your comments and will communicate your concerns.

We do now offer Health Insurance.

standing on your feet all day for low pay and no benefits
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 8, 2019
Standing on your feet all day for low pay no chance for advancement and no benefits you have to pay for your own health care benefits from a low paycheck
Pros
no pros
Cons
standing all day for low pay
Job for when you need one
Store Detective/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2018
My time there I was used an unappreciated as an employee. Favortism played into promotions as well as job postings and hours that you worked. Would not recommend the company for anyone looking for a career in the industry.
January 16, 2019

We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with appropriate office.

As a side note Metro One has a solid percentage of internal promotions.

Thank you!!

I enjoyed my time with metro one
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 5, 2019
I thought the communication was excellent. Any time I had a question, it was easy to go to a supervisor for support. I felt like I had all of the necessary training as well as the tools I needed to succeed.
Awful..stay away!!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 8, 2019
I went through all my savings to stay with this company...sometimes they wont call you for weeks to work...they lost there only descent contract of con ed..all others pay very low...stay away!!!
Pros
Theres none
Cons
Everuthing about co
Good place for gaining experience, NICE PEOPLE
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2018
If pay was better, or benefits id work for them. They also messed up people's checks frequently. But its fixed. Nice people but the pay raises only came because of the wage raises required by the state
Pros
they try to look out and work with you
Cons
pay
November 7, 2018

Thank you for you feedback.

Please know we do offer Benefits now for all of our guards.

Worse company in the Security Industry
Branch Security Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2018
Horrible company. An unprofessional disorganized excuse of a company. This company is a disgrace to the security industry. An old lady who is the aunt of one of the owners (calling herself quality control) call the branches daily and literally harasses branch managers over trivial matters, demanding security officers be fired on the spot without investigation, lying, cheating and much much more. I complained and the harassment just intensified. It was a very hostile environment to work. All the branches are outdated, unprofessional and they hire anyone off the street and threw them in a security officer uniform. It's disgusting.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
corrupt, over charging of customers, untrained security officers, 1990s style of security, horrible pay
Horrible work environment with nothing to gain
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2018
Management was horrible and hard to deal with and had double standards for employees,lied, violated laws, violated labor laws, didnt want to hand over pay checks, forced me to travel a hour to get my check, changed policy without notification, made up rules as they went, Etc.
Great first job in security.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 19, 2018
This is a great opportunity for some one who is new to the field. This is my first job as a security officer and I have learned a lot. I am now interested in pursing a fulltime position with benefits.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback on Metro One and you are happy with your 1st job. We look forward to future opportunities for you with M1.

Relaxed work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I been working for metro one for 6 years now and they have treated me ok, my only issues are my salary, no benefits and no pay vacations. Salary I only have an issue because I've been working for the company for 6 years and I'm getting paid the same amount as a new hire.
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your feedback and we are sure you know that we now offer Benefits.

Active
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  1354 hancock st Quincy MAJanuary 16, 2019
i was a mobile security Guard. you had to be very active and alert of the sorrounding area do to high crime rate such as theft. It was a good experience overall
Pros
Friendly inviroment
Cons
high theft area
steady work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAOctober 16, 2018
A typical Day at work was very stressful having to Deal with Different types of personality of the truck drivers and all the paper work that kept changing in and day out.
Pros
outside all the time
Cons
changing of paper work, & personalitys
November 7, 2018

Appreciate your feedback and we will communicate concerns to Client.

Overworked - underpaid
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 19, 2018
They don't care about their employees at all. They are overworked, underpaid, jerked around. There are no set employee manuals of benefits or guidelines for the company.
January 16, 2019

Jut to clarify Metro One Associates do receive all of the above mentioned comments when hired.

Thank you!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro One Loss Prevention. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7