Metro One Loss Prevention Employee Reviews

Nice And Easy
Learn How To Paste Myself
Management wasnt that great
everyone was friendly
hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day
the most enjoyable part of the job was talking and helping new people everyday
They will not pay you
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  OaklandAugust 9, 2018
I waited a week for my last check when I told them I was leaving they don’t have good good Communication skills Between workers and the contracting companies very Unorganized and unprofessional talk too people very rudely
Pros
Cons
Very forgetful
Worse company in the Security Industry
Branch Security Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2018
Horrible company. An unprofessional disorganized excuse of a company. This company is a disgrace to the security industry. An old lady who is the aunt of one of the owners (calling herself quality control) call the branches daily and literally harasses branch managers over trivial matters, demanding security officers be fired on the spot without investigation, lying, cheating and much much more. I complained and the harassment just intensified. It was a very hostile environment to work. All the branches are outdated, unprofessional and they hire anyone off the street and threw them in a security officer uniform. It's disgusting.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
corrupt, over charging of customers, untrained security officers, 1990s style of security, horrible pay
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 27, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work here they have a good benefits package plus its room for advancement and growth within the company the managers and supervisors are very nice
Pros
Cons
Standing long periods of time
I didn’t like it
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 25, 2018
I would try this job out for a month and if it’s not for you look for another job while you have this one and they would cut your hours and day for no reason with out giving you a heads up about it.
Pros
Hour are good
Cons
No benefits or sick day or pay vacation etc
it was a job you never advanced on
Security guard at Christie's Art Museum (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2018
did not like the job too muvh favoritism and very competetive. the location of your job never stay stable. your schedule always changes never stays a set schedule.
average retail gig
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2018
ok job didnt work as hard as i thought observed and reported anything i noticed out of the ordinary. patrol each floor checked badges of anyone signing in out
On Gaurd
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
Would be greeting customers as they walk-in. I learned that bums like to go in cars while customers are shopping. The management stays on point and supervises every store they have contracts with.
my opinion
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
my typical day was watching the customers and then reporting suspicious people to the appropriate person, then writing a report. I would patrol the facility and make sure the place was safe. the best part about this job was meeting new people and learning new things.
Pros
learning new things
Cons
disruptive people
great
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
excellent place to start and build up ,they are great people to train you the nitty gritty of the job ,they equip you with skills to survive in your career path
Poor Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYJuly 6, 2018
Low income, low quality of work and poor management. If you are not an in an immediate family circle of the employers, then you are forgotten. The only pro was that they hired me during a time of desperation.
Pros
quickly hired, a lot of hours
Cons
short breaks, poor management
Retail security .
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
I would report to the assign store . I would report to the manager and get the instructions needed , where to stand , where to patrol and lunch . The hardest part was inconsistent manager instructions .
Pros
Cons
Long hours of standing
Long Shifts
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
The shifts are long, but the events are fun and management is organized. You are rotated through different retail stores, and bookstores. Most of the staff are friendly and the atmosphere is upbeat.
Cons
Long standing hours
Metro one Loss Prevention
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 27, 2018
i worked in retail . I made sure cutomers followed the rules the store policies , made sure no one was stealing. management was un organised, i liked working with the public . hardest part of the job was dealing with management.
Poor communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2018
This place is crazy. They gave me an expired check to pay for my fingerprints. I keep asking them several time if there was anything else needed for the hiring process and was told “NO” then I end up doing more stuff. I told them my main work schedule and the manager keeps trying to give me a schedule that conflicts with my main work schedule
Pros
Don’t know
Cons
Poor communication
Managers are rude and unprofessional
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 21, 2018
I worked at Metro One in their main office for less than a month and in that time I received minimal training, and was then thrown into a role I knew nothing about. I was made to feel stupid for asking questions, and given very little support in the role. The management team was super catty and unprofessional. They make you feel as if you're walking on egg shells there. I would not recommend working in that environment for the pay.
Pros
sometimes they brought puppies into the office
Cons
The two female managers were catty and unprofessional.
most work site you have to leave an go get your lunch eat it there then come back.
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 10, 2018
metro one hire you as a full time employee but he don't give you hours one week you will work next week you not on the schedule the give someone else your post an not tell you.
Pros
we buy our own lunch an provide transportation
Cons
they don't have any benefit the break is depend on witch site your at.
no promotion or raise ever
Operations Manager/Office Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 7, 2018
Unless you are a family member or know someone in Upper Management you will never be promoted to a managerial position. You will remain a guard, never getting promoted.
worst company ever
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 5, 2018
this is the worst compant to ever work for. you can be scheduled to work 8 hours but they make u stay and work another 8 hours if they want. then they take 30 mins out for lunch rather u go or not. lastly the staff have the nastiest attitudes.
Pros
Cons
the company
Easy Money
Loss Prevention Detective and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201June 5, 2018
I was a Loss Prevention God with those guys. Management consisted of too many people and lines got crossed. Too much miscommunication. I loved going to work but when I did request a weekend off you would've thought I asked for a raise. The type of numbers I was putting up. I should've been treated way better than they was treating me. The Client was great. But Management dropped the ball. I believe they are under new management now.
Pros
No Direct Supervision
Cons
No Weerkends off. No Direct deposit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro One Loss Prevention. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7