Metro Public Adjustment Employee Reviews

Good place to work for a business professional who has time and capital to build a business
Public Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 10, 2018
MPA offers a great product to the consumer, but it is misleading to its recruited employees. It takes a significant amount of time and capital to build a business as a public adjuster, and they do not let you know that up front.
Pros
BYOB in a noble profession
Cons
Challenge to earn a significant income in a reasonable time.
Fun place to work
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 29, 2018
If you good with making the money on your own ability this is right up your ally. Promotion are earn by what you do not who like you all you have to do is put in the work
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 15, 2018
We deal with insurance company and clients that have homeowner damage. I schedule appointment, answer phones, speak with clients and insurance company.
Fun place to work with excellent leadership
Public Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAMarch 26, 2018
This is a truly, a Best Place that I've ever worked, environment. Everyone's goal is to help each other succeed, and bring the best service to our customers.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Paid on commission, and sometimes it takes a while to get paid
Looks great!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 18, 2017
I am just getting in the business but the company has many way to advance and no pressure on you! Work your own hours and get a little training on their time. They train you completely for the task at hand.
Senior Claims Rep
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2017
It's a great place to start working in the insurance industry and obtain your license as a public adjuster. You are responsible for your own clientele and appointment setting so if you aren't accustom to that, it will be a struggle in the beginning.
Independent Contractor
REGIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work for an Independent Public Adjuster would consist of making phone calls and setting up appointments within a "warm market". You would then meet with the homeowner in their home and conduct a thorough home owners policy review. Following the policy review, you would inform the homeowner of what coverages they had, but most importantly, the coverages that they did not have. You would then do a property inspection of the entire home, pointing out damages that may be covered under their current homeowners policy.

To help you stay up to date on the insurance industry, Metro provides free, weekly training to all agents as well as a weekly call in with the President of the company. Metro also conducts its own CE classes, which are top in the industry.

I absolutely love working and being associated with this company. The hardest part of this job was waiting to get paid on claims you have written and submitted. This is in no way the company's fault, rather it all part of the insurance process. You have to wait for the claim to settle before you can get paid on it.

I truly do love the opportunity of just showing up at the company headquarters in Bensalem and being able to walk right into the Presidents office and being able to sit down and talk with him. Everyone I have ever dealt with at this company have always been top notch.
Great place to build relationships
Team leader, Senior Claims (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 12, 2017
Team oriented environment. You choose to work your own schedule and you can put 30-40 hours a week like I do or just 10-15 hours per week, it's up to you. There is a substantial amount of room for advancement but it all comes down to the effort put into your position whether it be a claims rep or a field adjuster. Most of the people whom work there are over 40 and are very trustworthy to work with. The high end crew "people who make 150-250k a year are very competitive with their amount of claims they get and or commission they make at the end of the day.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
waiting for claims to complete
Commission Based Services
Public Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 14, 2017
Great pay for commission based services. Enjoyed helping home owners and business owners recover the correct amount from their insurance companies when they had experienced any event that required an insurance companies involvement.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Marketing
Work as hard as you want to make the money you want.
Senior Claims representative (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 27, 2017
Must be willing to work in training then independently.
No limits as to how much you can make if you work for it.
They give you all the training you need and more.
Great company to work for with an awesome concept !!!
Licensed Public Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Salem, PAMarch 11, 2016
Educate and Protect the Policyholder
Work with people that have the same passion as myself
Management works just as everyone else
The hardest part of the job is when the client doesn't see the value of what they have available.The most enjoyable part is when I can help the client not be treated unfairly.
Pros
Flexibility, Unlimited pay and No hardwork
extra income
NJ Public Adjuster (Current Employee) –  West Orange, NJMarch 4, 2015
this job you can perform on your free time,
you can earn extra income by helping people,
the income you earn is on how much work you will do
In the beginning it was fun and new, after involed seen the turth
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Northeast OhioDecember 19, 2014
I'm a Regional Manger of MetroPA, was a Team Leader, and part of the regional management team. This all before I made regional. I understood the structure of getting promoted so it did not take me long to reach Regional Manager.

What I have found is the training in this company to be limited and not consistent. One region may have excellent training and support another very poor. Also found in the two years a lack of support from Corporate Office. No answer of phones, or you get lost in the transfer of your call. intermittent call backs, Sometimes they do and most times they don't.

In the time I've been with MetroPA I have filed over 64 claims to help clients with getting a better shake with their Ins provider. In those 64 claims less then 12 have been paid out, and those took over 6 months or better to handle. This is excusable!

The people that I've met through Metro has be great, they're Good people. There is a lot of comradely with your follow Reps. There also a good feeling about making a difference in other peoples lives. I have seen where there is a real need for a Public Adjuster, just not with MetroPA.
Pros
A lot of motivation - Be positive, Feeling good helping the "Little Guy" fighting the Insurance Monsters
Cons
The Company is 20 years old but acts like one or two years old, Home Office is inconsistent poor follow up and no enforcement with Public Adjusters, Claims take way to long to close months instead days, Adjuster's schedule gets backed up - he closes claims without pay, In the time I have been with MetroPA I have yet to be paid on any claim, Your expense will out pace your income from Metro, There is 2 year non-compete clause they don't inform you about, Metro Model is: "you" recruit friends & family push them thru training, BURN through trainee's warm market then kick them to the curb, No money in the first 180 days.
Great Opportunity
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Broomall PAOctober 22, 2014
What I like best about this job is that there is an endless supply of referalls and I can make my own schedule. I can work as much or as little as I want.

It takes a few weeks for you to pass your state exam and have the income to start rolling in, but if you stay consistent and do what you are taught, by the end of your first quarter, you should be making full time income, with part time hours.

It's typical to earn $350 or more for doing less than an hours worth of work.

Endless free training.
No experience necessary.
Snake Oil Company for the 21st Century
Independent Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OhioMay 28, 2014
The premise is a great one. Learn very quickly how to become a licensed and bonded insurance for the little people to fight the big/bad/greedy insurance companies on legit claims.

The problem begins from day one. YOU are recruited and pay $40 to go to a class to learn that you must recruit more people in order to be pushed up the pyramid and make some real dough -- that is if the claims you or your recruits submit are legit.

You then (in Ohio) pay $250 to get a license and bond. The classes they make you go teach you diddlysquat about adjusting and everything about multi-level marketing.
Pros
Concept of fighting for the little people against the greedy insurance companies is a noble gesture.
Cons
unless you recruit 100 people who actually find legit claims its a time waster.
Very flexible
Public Adjuster Recruiter (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 14, 2013
This job is flexible and you gain much knowledge about insurance.
Pros
Flexible, Easy to learn, fun
Cons
Benefits and getting started
Flexible
Claims Administrator/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 14, 2013
The joy you get when you can assist in helping homeowners begin to put their lives back together.
Good place to work, but no advancements
Claims Admin (Former Employee) –  Bensalem PAJune 16, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Metro, however, what I did not realize when I got hired was that there was no room for advancement. The benefits were too costly. They were very flexible when a family emergency came up, they just docked your pay but never gave you a hard time about leaving.
Pros
Breakfast on Fridays; coffee daily for free
Cons
little to no pay raise. Benefits cost entirely too much .
Learned a lot about home owners insurance.
o Pennsylvania State Licensed Public Adjustor (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 19, 2012
People of the company are willing to help you learn. Weekly training availible if you want it.
Pros
work at own pace.
Cons
partime work.
Outgoing, engergtic, ready to learn.
CLAIMS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 1, 2012
Constantly handling customers utiling the telephone, and email. Assisted other departments as needed.
Pros
free trip to citizens ball park with transportation
Cons
was laid off.