METRO SOUTH MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMay 23, 2018
A very busy and steady hospital. A diverse community. The staff is friendly and very helpful. It brings joy to see when people are happy and that you play a role in their day.
Pros
Flexiblity
Friendly, helpful employees
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 16, 2018
MetroSouth has a friendly and helpful workplace culture. The lead techs want you to succeed in your job. The upper management has some undesirable traits that make the job stressful. All in all MetroSouth is a desirable place to work.
Great place for new nurses to get a job after graduation
TELEMETRY NURSE, RN (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 10, 2018
Can be a stressful place to work at times. Leadership and direction can be poor. The workplace culture at times can be low and depressing among employees.
Pros
They hire new grads!
Cons
low salary and poor leadership
Patient Satisfaction
RN Case Manager, Case Management (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJanuary 28, 2018
Patient Satisfaction is one of the top priorities in the Health Care Industry, striving for this is always a challenge, and that is why every day at work it is my goal to go above and beyond to achieve the expecttions of patients. I am blessed to have choosen a career that is fulfilling and rewarding everyday I work.
Poor Management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 18, 2017
Co workers that are allowed to wear ear buds during work hours with horrible work ethic, If you possess a good work ethic you will end up carry everyone's load even when you repeatdedly bring it up to management.
Pros
Nice office buildings
Cons
poor management
Productive place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 12, 2017
It was a great place to work I was 5 minutes from my house. The staff was good and respectful to the employees. My manager was simply great she had excellent leadership skills and was always available to talk and to encourage me to do my very best in my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients everyday.
Pros
Great clean and enjoyable place to work.
Very understaffed
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 9, 2017
People are either really nice or really unfriendly. There also tends to be a shortage of healthcare staff on most days, creating a very stressed out environment.
Good to new grads
Radiological Technologist RT(R) (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 8, 2017
This Hospital is great at giving new grads job opportunities. Most of the staff throughout the hospital are friendly and very helpful. Its a good place to gain some experience.
Under new management that cared more about money than service
Senior Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 7, 2017
The work wasn't hard, but poor upper management made it hard. New company purchased the hospital and destroyed the great reputation that we had, made it all about the upper crust making money - and it didn't matter that patient care suffered.
Pros
Close to home, coworkers made it great.
Cons
New management was terrible.
Fair
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILNovember 16, 2017
It can be very stressful at times working while short staffed and having to draw multiple patients by yourself. It is also stressful to have limited supplies which makes it hard to do your job.
Job
Lead Hospital Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILOctober 11, 2017
great place to work .and a safe environment for employee . Great benefit loving caring staff that make it seem like a family environment, I have work with the company forever
Management nightmare
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Terrible management and terrible pay. They refuse to pay people what they are worth. I had asked for several raises but was quickly told absolutely not.
Positive place to work and grow clinically
Chief Nursing Officer (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 18, 2017
MetroSouth is experiencing positive change and growth, great place to work, a solid community hospital to develop your clinical skills . Leadership strongly encourages nursing advancement and values the hard work of the staff.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, leadership focused on employee engagement and staff retention
Cons
the patient rooms need some updating
Not a fun place to work there is no structure
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJuly 19, 2017
Management is not very supportive of you ideas and allow the employees to do what ever the wish to do and are not held accountable for any of their actions. A great hospital environment they need to clean house with the entire Phlebotomy Staff
Pros
Free workout place
Cons
very flexible with breaks
Great experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJuly 13, 2017
I grew so much in the 8 years I worked at Metrosouth Medical Center. Great people to work with and friendly environment. Management was very accommodating with my school schedule.
Always looking for RNs. High new grad turn over rate. Plenty of opportunity for overtime
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJuly 2, 2017
We are constantly in a nursing shortage. We hire a lot of new grads, but their turn over rate is very high. There are a good amount of good nurses who have worked here for many years.
difficult place to work
Director of Critical Care (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJune 5, 2017
very poor senior leadership definitely no work life balance, tied to your phone/texts 24/7 no relief from work. unable to rely on managers i was a director, promotion of unqualified managers
Pros
close to home
Cons
for profit
worked under great supervision
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 27, 2017
worked in the risk management dept. filed medical records easy but fast paced. always looked forward to working with peers. enjoyed learning about health care.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short days
Fun Work Place
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILFebruary 4, 2017
I enjoyed coming to work everyday. It was always something new and exciting going on. I learned a lot in nursing and nurses work which is great for me while i continue my schooling in nursing.
Nice and friendly place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJune 29, 2016
I learned under direct guidance and protocol to effectively treat critically ill patients, with a team of exceptional nurses and physicians.