Metro Storage LLC Employee Reviews

General Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJanuary 30, 2019
Training was on point, (about 4 weeks in house) at the facility to assist the GM to get used to the facility. Very helpful Area Manager. Always able to maintain open communication with Area Manager and trainer.
Pros
Working hours, benefits, bonuses
Great company culture
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 7, 2019
They let you run the business as if it was your own. Wonderful district manager and the corporate office staff cared. I have never worked for a more caring corporate business ever.
Great Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLNovember 13, 2018
Metro is a great place to work the staff at the stores are friendly. One of things I do like about working at Metro is that they have and open door policy
Manager is only a title
Storage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TnSeptember 10, 2018
This is hardly a family run company, as they would like you to believe. They are heavily micro-managed from the top. "Manager" is only a title;you have no authority to make any decisions. Everything must be approved. If you are looking for advancement opportunities, look elsewhere. They run very lean at the top. In fact, they run lean at store level as well. They refuse to adequately staff stores, constantly running on skeleton crews. New employees lack adequate training time due to under staffing. Area management is overburdened with territory & can't perform duties (e.g. performance reviews, schedules, store audits) in a timely manner. Multiple policy violations occur daily because management rarely frequent facilities.They depend on secret shoppers to monitor your job performance. Job description does not emphasize their high sales expectations. Bonus structure is more stick than carrot.
Pros
Decent benefit package, HR supportive & professional, Sundays off
Cons
Unscheduled over-time, no hands on leadership, excessive abuse from customers
hmmm! good luck
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJuly 30, 2018
Overall metro storage is a good company to work for. Like other companies this company have their own internal issues. Good luck and best wishes to all who apply.
Good job as long as a self starter
Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2018
Great job in a office and storage facility setting. Mostly solo work and need to have good time management and drive to work. Has to learn how to sell and talk to people. The management is great and willing to help you out. Benefits are normal and coverage is good.
Growing Company
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 21, 2018
Place has a great COO and CFO. Company has a team atmosphere and professional humor is welcome. Expectations are achievable and clear and open door policy allows for clarification.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Salary
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2018
I was very pleased to be apart of the Metro Self Storage Team. The work was fulfilling and the compensation was competitive. The staff was always willing to assist and the customers were friendly.
Pros
Fast paced full day's work, the hours of operation, and Staff.
Cons
Security Concerns
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 24, 2018
Management is great no problems getting issues resolved in a timely manner.
Best part of the job was the ability to make my own schedule this is only true with Maintenance technicians.
Storage Industry
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Stanhope, NJFebruary 11, 2018
I worked for Metro and I did enjoy it but often worked by myself. Only 2 people work at the property. Job entails a lot of property maintenance. Not for everyone.
Terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 25, 2018
The job as a manager was extremely stressful, The typical day at work was so busy doing customer service to unsatisfied tenants, evicting tenants, calling for debt collections, calling new leads,emailing tenants for reviews, cleaning the outside area, cleaning units,cleaning bathrooms, inventory, daily banking, auctions, invoicing. Time management was always an issue, we where always short on employees so there was no extra help available. Some weeks you work 10 to 12 day's in a row that happens on a split week schedule so you don't get paid for overtime. Training is 4 day's and the rest you learn on your own all and call other managers for help.
The bonus program is heard to achieve, you have to work every weekend. I was very disappointed and would not recommend this job to anybody.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to accomplish all tasks
Inside/Outside fun
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 28, 2017
you have the best of both worlds, work inside to do and work outside to do, working with the public, decent benefits, lacking in salary, needs more advancement opportunities
Best place I’ve ever worked.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 24, 2017
I absolutely love working for Metro. I couldn’t ask for a better management team above me. My district manager is fantastic. I would recommend to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Lack of advancement. They tend to hire district managers outside the company, instead of promoting within.
Good Place To Work
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 26, 2017
Property Manager job is the job to have with this company. Lots of responsibility. Great pay. Good benefits. Lots of great skills learned with this job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lots of Responsibility
Great Bonus Program
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 18, 2017
This was a great company to work for. They had a great bonus/commission programmed and they value their employees. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Bonus Structure
Cons
No cons
A fair paying job in a stable industry
On-site Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMay 6, 2017
The job can vary in it's level of demand based on your location. A day at work can be slow and uneventful or busy and frantic, but if you are half decent at time management, you shouldn't get behind and it's generally not the sort of job you have to take home with you.
Corporate employees are professional but can seem detached from the office managers. That being said, the rather small HR department is always helpful, kind and courteous.
This job can be monotonous in some ways, and full of variety in others. The top-down approach doesn't leave much room for freedom in the workplace and you may see superfluous initiatives come and go, but that may be relative to whatever industry you are coming from. I felt that my overall experience was quite positive.
Pros
Fair pay, benefits, excellent HR dept, generally consistent and professional policy/enforcement.
Cons
Little to no room for advancement, lean staff can make schedule inflexible/sporadic, communication gap between employees and management.
Great job, Not great pay
Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  La Marque, TXApril 30, 2017
I love the job and I love my manager (though this may vary depending on whose district you're in) but the pay leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe if you are an on-site manager and they pay all your bills, or if you still live with your parents, it would be okay. But when you own your own house, it's hard to live on this wage.
Pros
Nice boss, reasonable expectations.
Cons
low pay
Productive and Rewarding Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 25, 2017
My supervisor is amazing. Very knowledgeable about every detail of the company. I have learned the ins and outs of the storage business within the short time I have been there. Great location!
Family/Privately Owned, but still Corporate
Senior Property Manager/Storage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2017
One of the better companies I've worked for. It's not perfect, and there are definitely cons, but overall a decent job. Depending upon the position, expect to do some driving, and to be hands on. Property Management is as much operations/sales as it is general maintenance. Healthcare is ok, but not great.
Pros
Full-Time, Paid Holidays & 3 Weeks Paid Vacation per Year, Positive Work Enviroment
Cons
Some Travel, Healthcare, Daily Cleaning & Maintenance
Positive work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 5, 2017
By far the best job I've had in my career of more than 5 years. The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Lots of room for advancement and growth within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro Storage LLC. Our community is ready to answer.