Metro West Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
An okay place to work.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 31, 2017
The work environment seemed to be a bit stressed due to changes in the overall management. Seemed to have an effect on the employees, lowering their morale.
unstable work environment
Medical Surgical Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 5, 2017
I have been laid off twice by Metro West Medical Center. After losing the first job, a staff position, the only thing available was per diem. The second time there was no information available from HR about the lay off process. The last day we were told to punch out and go home, the meeting we were told would take place on the last day to inform us of the terms of the lay off would be the last day and not before. The last day came, the meeting never happened.
Pros
it's a job if you need a foot in the health care door
Cons
very unstable employer
Metro West
Medical Terminology
Bed Management
Trained New Hires
Scheduled Co Workers
Pros
Always had extra Hours
Cons
High Stress
Positive work enviroment.
Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 8, 2015
This hospital offers many opportunities for growth and enhancement. The atmosphere is focused on team work and quality care to the patients they service. There are many areas collaborating for a common goal and that is providing great health care.
Billing office atmosphere
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAApril 28, 2015
Run/prepare reports and distribute them to the correct dept.
Prepare reports for State Audits.
Prepare reports in excel for Medicare Bad Debt.
Order supplies for file room.
Posted payments for patient and insurance company in meditech.
Prepare deposit for bank.
Had great coworkers.
the hardest part of my job was no room to grow.
benefits
Cons
no room for grow
Good care provided
Staff nurse-Inpatient Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 22, 2014
Metro West Medical Center has many dedicated staff whose goal is providing the best patient care. It is a dynamic place to work with professional and experienced staff members.
Catering
Catering Services (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAJune 24, 2014
Under the supervision of the Director of Food and Nutrition and the Patient Services Manager. I was responsible for the coordination and delivery of meals/snacks to patients. Team players as co-workers. The hardest part of my job was when someone called out and we were short staffed.
Great family like atmoshphere
Staff (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 13, 2014
Not very well managed, from the top down. Administration is penny wise pound foolish. Motto is save money at all costs, even if it affects your employees negatively. Hospital can't seem to make money, just barely staying afloat.

Great people in the lower echelon. Feels like a big family because it's a small place. Some encouragement of tattle-tales.
Pros
Atmposhpere
Cons
i dont feel comfortable writing anything here
Unit Secretary - Maternity Floor (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 2, 2014
I learned a tremendous amount about the medical field, since I started off with zero knowledge on this topic. There is no real "typical day" as each one depends on who you are working with and who the patients are and how they behave. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people whose lack of English is so profound that I am unable to communicate with them at all..The most enjoyable part is when I get asked to quiet a screaming baby or when I get to tuck a warm blanket around a patient and make them feel cozy and loved. I would imagine that being a manager of this unit is not an easy job.
Pros
free prescriptions from the hospital pharmacy
Cons
sometimes I feel like I have no co-workers and all bosses
Friendly Staff but facility lacking newer technology
Radiation Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 8, 2014
This clinical site was one of my first locations and was definitely a good introduction to radiation therapy for me. Due to the older technology, I was able to get a better grasp on how things were done before much of the digital technologies and imaging were introduced which was helpful, especially for my certification exam. The staff was friendly and helpful although the pace was sometimes so slow that I found it difficult to keep myself occupied.
I miss this Hospital very much.
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 7, 2014
I had been working in Metro-West Hospital for over 13 years, My department shut down because of outsourcing, For all these years;I had worked two department, Laboratory and Histology, co-workers around me just look like family, help each other, respect with each other. Management very nice, they will tell you what comes up after their meeting. Because the insurance reimbursements making the hospital financial in deep burden and caused us got laid-off. But I still feel so thankful for all these 13 years is the most enjoyable working place that is part of my Best memories.
Pros
Hospital's workers just looks like family, they care about you.
Cons
Didn't get sufficient funding from outside sources compare to Newton Wellesley Hospital, they get gigantic donations from Riches; that is it.
productive and friendly enviroment
Office Assistant/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAOctober 3, 2013
I would greet many patience and it was enjoyable to work in an environment where there was a good amount of interaction with people. Management was challenging there were demands coming from different directions. From updating a patient's medical record to scheduling an appointment that was conflicting with peoples everyday schedules.
Pros
direct deposit, long breaks
Multi-task work load
Patient Service Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 11, 2013
Always learning new work. Learned how to run an out-patient lab from ordering supplies to checking patient's insurance information
Cons
un-workable schedules
Great staff to work with
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Natick MAAugust 15, 2013
Limited advancement opportunities in current area of practice.
Productive work place
REGISTRATION REP (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 20, 2013
repetitive work schedule, wonderful coworkers, love working with patients and helping them
Serious place to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Natick, MASeptember 25, 2012
I start my day by checking into the lab to access my patients for the day. I check in room by room with a smile and proceed to draw blood and take necessary specimens from patients, on each floor and each department. Then return to each department of the lab to be checked by Lab Tech's. My manager, he stayed on top of us. My co- workers were a great support. Especially when a patient had moving veins or when a vein was deep. Seeing some one who was terminally ill, and the feeling of helplessness overshadows everything you are working for. When some one gets better goes home , and after the have been gone fr a while they send you a thank you card by way of your manager.
Pros
the going home smile
Cons
no breaks on some days
I work in a very busy unit
Patient Care Associate /Unit secretary (Current Employee) –  Linconl st FraminghamJuly 29, 2012
Transcription:
A. Accurately transcribes physician ordersand notifies the appropriate nursing staff. Initiates and maintains patient care Kardex. Recopies MAR (Medication Administration Record) forms.
B. Enters and coordinates computer data on all patients in the unit.

2. Communication / Coordination:
A. Coordinates with other Hospital departments, such as Radiology, Houskeeping, Laboratories, Social Services, etc. to request and obtain supplies and services. Works with nursing staff to coordinate patient transfers to and from the unit.
B. Serves as the unit's communication person, answering phone calls, taking and relaying messages. Answers questions of visitors, physicians, or other departments in person or by phone. Initiates emergency protocol under the direction of a physician or nurse.
C. Receives and directs visitors and family members. Provides routine information regarding Hospital and unit.

I have a wonderful co-workers and we all work as a team!
I enjoy what I do and I feel glad when I can see I have done all my job.
Knowledgeable community hospital
Staff and charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 2, 2012
For profit hospital, seemed more concerned with appearance than caring for it's staff. Sign in parking lot threatening employees cars would be towed if parked there. Come on, we should all be adults.
Pros
close to home
Cons
more concerned with appearance than employees
Great Place to work.
food service worker (Former Employee) –  framingham maSeptember 1, 2011
I enjoyed every moment working for the company made some wonderful friends. If I could go back to work for the company in another department so I could grow it would be great. I recommend this company to everyone looking for employment.