Metro Employee Reviews

Found 187 reviews matching the search See all 1,484 reviews
Productive workplace with family/friendly co workers
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORDecember 10, 2017
the people ive worked with at metro pcs have made the time working there extremely worthwile. very helpful, very outgoing, and friendly. the workload was always easy, and i always had the tools i needed to make my goals.
Fun environment to work in
Host (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 29, 2017
The job itself is a nice environment to be in, everyone acts as a family. There is lack of communication between the managing staff. They rarely do advancements.
Pros
50% off on clock, 20% off when not on clock
Cons
poor managing staff, no benefits, no paid vacation
Quality Business
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 29, 2017
Owner is awesome. Quality work. Great Pay. Customers are great to work with. The crews work hard. plenty of references of previous jobs if interested in having concrete work done in the Denver area.
Metro Houston
ACCOUNTING / OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT / DEVELOPMENT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2017
Little pay for stressful work. Poor hiring, especially managers. Employees are considered not important. Budgets matter not hard work. You may advance but, without pay. Non-family friendly esp. for working parents.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Little pay
Fun place to work
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grad ZagrebNovember 14, 2017
Very good company for young people who are willing to learn and challenge themselves but on the long term career they should be willing to move. Corporate culture is very good with full respect of working and human rights.
Working at Metro
Reporter (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IANovember 5, 2017
I wouldn’t recommend this occupation for anyone who wants to be paid for their time. It is very fast paced and you learn quite a bit, but it is also very stressful with very little reward.
I like the job because of team work and having dealing with people.
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 27, 2017
The job is so interesting because it is very lively, not boring. The workers work as a team, caring and concern mostly my manager. The clients are mentally challenge people, so many times one face hazard time but with other colleagues and the availability of police on time when call, it make the job easier.
Pros
Shift flexibility
Cons
Good health insurance
sales can be fun
Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2017
a typical day would include helping customer figure out and troubleshoot problems with their devices. Also trying to explain the benefits of upgrading to a newer device and help them with making their monthly payments.
Pros
discounted monthly service
Cons
no lunch break short staffed
Great shop to work and excelent parking yard.
MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAOctober 6, 2017
Great place to work, but positions are a bit obscure to obtain, the management change too often that change stability at work, my hardest part to much over time and low time with Family, The best time pay check stub.
Work Load
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2017
Once hired everything was based off seniority. You worked every weekend for 5 years before you didn't have to . It could interfere with family time never the less I loved working with the public.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Weekends gone
The job was relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 19, 2017
It's a good job and it helps you to know about phones and know what's in the phone like what capacity is each phones and the difference between all of them.
it is what you make of it
Associate (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 15, 2017
its what you make of it. i learned how to sell anything. management was spread thin but good and knowledgeable .i enjoyed the free time allotted when the store wasn't busy.
Pros
small percentage of commission
Cons
no breaks, no benefits
Low Stress Enviroment
Software Developer & Support (Current Employee) –  1900 MainSeptember 12, 2017
Great co-workers! Many with 10+ years experienceworking for METRO. Low stress, friendly environment. However pay increases have only been limited to cost of living increaces.
Pros
Free Bus Service. Great benefits
Cons
Low chance on pay raises or advancements
good company with good people
Customer Manager (Corporate) (Former Employee) –  Lahore, VASeptember 2, 2017
i worked there for 2 years and i found it the best company in pakistan. i strongly recommend my friends to join metro cash and carry if they got an oppertunity.
Pros
on time salary
Cons
extended job timings
araceli
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  old norcrossSeptember 1, 2017
great place to wrok just need high raise. Great customer service Love working with different customers but I need another job to pay off some needs that I need in my life. Metro had great plans to give people and people seem to enjoy having metro for over a long period of time.
I would recommend Metro to anyone looking for work. Their benefits are great especially for families. They also encourage additional educational.
Accounting Technician II (Former Employee) –  Prtland, ORAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed a busy day and the team work atmosphere that Metro promotes with all their employees. I learned more about government processing for contracts, bidding, purchase orders and processing invoices that were associated with a po. As I worked 8 hours a day it provides an opportunity to get to know your co-workers better and develop friendships that can last even if there is a change in employment. The second time when I went back to Metro after officially retiring I had the best boss and the best co-workers. We truly worked as a team and it was a grand way to end my second retirement by working for the best team at Metro.
Very fun
Chef (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 18, 2017
Its was a wonderful job. Unfortunately, the Resturaunt went out of business. I loved my job but as they say "when one door closes another opens". Cant wait to see whats in store for my future.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not a lot of time off.
Interesting And It Don't Change
Haz Waste Tech, temp (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 24, 2017
Work as a temp and you work with real people. Work as a full time METRO employee and you are just that. High percentage of work-Trolls. Lots of folks wanting to get PERS early or set back and watch others work.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Work Trolls. Policy over fact.
pool table, computers
Cleaner/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
Typically you sweep mop and drive daily. Unless you already know how to drive buses, that's all the knowledge you will gain from this position. Horrible management is very unfair and biased to power hungry supervisors. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather and supervisors. Best part of the job you get paid every week for doing a easy job. You wont move up unless you kiss a lot of butt and basically allow management to disrespect you. This is why im looking for something new. You dont want to work here, keep looking.
Pros
Very easy job, decent pay
Cons
There's no equality, No respect for employees, Horrible management
Good company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJune 30, 2017
I don't have any thing bad to say about this company because they were very nice to me and my children. In the time of Christmas Season the owners of the warehouse gave a nice Christmas party for the whole company and gave riffles with good presents. I would recommend the warehouse company for anyone. I really loved it!
Pros
good owners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metro. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Metro.

Powered by Comparably