MetroCare Services Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Not worth the stress...
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2018
Very poor work/life balance due to unrealistic expectations without the proper tools to get them done. Never a 40hr work week or you will not meet your quota. The clients are the beat part but Metrocare treats them like a dollar sign.
Pros
Being out in the field. Co workers are very helpful
Cons
Unrealistic quota, chage without notice, poor supervision, no work/life balance.
I wish I had nicer things to say....
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 27, 2018
Key points that I would have liked to know before I agreed to work for Metrocare...
Unrealistic productivity and benchmarks.
Poor upper management.
Company is not transparent about financial difficulties.
Low potential for growth, very high turnover.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unrealistic productivity, poor clinical management
Expectations are unrealistic.
Qualified Mental Health Proffesional (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2018
Management expects workers to see 5+ individuals a day and they are not close enough to get them in and give sufficient services. Quotas are what is most important, not people.
Pros
Pay, healthcare
Cons
Management is not supportive of employees
Loved the population I served
Service Coordinator, IDD (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2018
The relationship with the individuals and their families are the best experience I have encountered in Texas. The management is open to suggestions and willing listening. I learned a lot in regards to the Intellectual Developmental Disability community.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enouugh pay
Nice company to work for if you love helping others
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2018
Good place to work I learned a lot.Just didnt like the way supervisor talked to staff.She was unprofessional.Liked the staff and the clients the job there was eye opening.
Don’t care much about Clients or QMHP’s
Jail Diversion Caseworker/QMHP (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2018
This company is fraud capital. They had us billing on clients who were in jail weekly. You have to transport clients with bed bugs in your own personal vehicle. No company phones but they give you a stipend. They don’t care about the client needs they only care about numbers... bill bill bill bill . Not to mention the QMHP ‘s don’t even see their clients for the amount of time they bill for. They bill for a hour and only see the Clients for 20mins if that.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Fraudulent activity, weak supervisor, drama in work environment
Productivity focused vs patient focused
APN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Focus only on benchmark and number of patients seen per day. Constantly pushed to see more and more clients. Managers hate to give time off Prescribers have minimal control over their schedule. I would never work there again.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Toxic work environment
Good stepping stone
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Case management is never easy, but Metrocare makes it feel almost impossible. The caseloads are extremely high and the documentation never ends.
You have to love the population, otherwise you will run quickly because this company is never satisfied and will never show appreciation.
Pros
You can pretty much make your own schedule.
Cons
EVERYTHING is a priority. NOTHING is good enough.
Good company, good pay and good benefits.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2018
For 20 years I had great days at Metrocare. The work environment was pleasant and I had great relationships with my co-workers. We all got along very well. A typical day consisted of doing my set duties with no micro managing or scrutinizing of your work. The company always had great medical insurance and a 401K program.
The downside was no retirement funds being set up for the employees. And the last six months or less, my supervisor set me up to do bench marks on a weekly basis, and overloaded me with work. I was the only employee who was on these bench marks in my department. Therefore, I felt it was unfair and discriminating. He was constantly angry with me, and showed it in the front of my co-workers. After not meeting the bench marks I was let go after almost 21 years on the job. I learned that after I left several persons came and was not able to do the work as well. Additionally, they had to hire several persons to keep up with the work load.
Pros
Discriminating supervisor and bench marks
Cons
Pleasant co-workers, good pay and hours
Meeting others was enjoyable part of the day.
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  BrookriverJanuary 12, 2018
A typical day at work was knowing that I would get another chance to go out into the community and serve someone that truly needed my assistance.
A typical day at work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75247January 3, 2018
Busy environment, I work hard and stay busy and was helpful with my coworkers. This company was a temporary job, the workers was profession for the short time I was employed.
Pros
good hours
Cons
just was temporary
Great learning experience.
Various administrative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2017
A typical day at Metrocare consist of various reporting, training, and various meetings. I enjoyed the opportunity to train residents and learn about the culture.
I enjoy working with clients on my caseload
Clinical Field Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2017
I enjoy my work at Metrocare Services, the opportunity to help clients manage their illness symptoms through psychosocial and psychoeducation as well as working in a collaboration with clients in developing their treatment plan
Pros
Work is flexable, pay is alright, and opportunities to apply theory to practice
Cons
building high milage on personal car
Horrible Expereince
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 9, 2017
I am one to love each opportunity that I par take in but this experience at Metrocare was hands down one of the worst career choices of my life. Management lacked to put it kindly, management showed no interest in treating low level employees like actual human beings. There is no kind of support or relief only negative and child like treatment in stressful times. Times that could be used as a learning experienced are instead subject to punishment and ridicule. This position led to multiple anxiety attacks and pure dread of having to report to work each day .
Pros
discounts, coworkers
Cons
management management management
They have WRAP to assist all needs of a person in need
PEER COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2017
A work day is full
They offer Reliase Training and more ....
The most enjoyable part of the job is gratifying to help those in need . To see a glimpse of hope in a persons demeanor . To help those back into society to have a sense of belonging.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work schedule
Decline
Mental Health Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
I liked working for Metrocare but my position has ended. I am now looking for long term employment. Metrocare has opportunities that are good if it is offered.
Love my management
Qualified Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2017
I just started here and I can honestly say that I enjoy having the Supervisor that I have. I came from a state job with better pay but horrible management and now I have an average paying job with amazing management! There is no micromanaging here. As long as you do what you are supposed to be doing then the supervisors wont bother you for anything. The benefits are great as well!
Pros
Management support, schedule flexibility
Cons
pay
awesome place to work at
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 27, 2017
great place to learn and grow, great oppurtunities and a great self fullfilllment when serving the mental ill. Great place to start but no room for growth.
Company Mission is great!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Metrocare's mission to serve persons with mental health or intellectual development disabilities is great due to the need of this growing population. Unfortunately, it seems to be ran by leadership who lacks the experience to run the agency efficiently and effectively.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Poor leadership and management
Service coordinator
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2017
Metrocare is like attending high school all over again. Lots of bullying and disorganization from upper mgt, low moral, and overworked. Liked "some" of the staff there. You learned not to pick up those bad behaviors from upper mgt.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Poor mgt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetroCare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight