MetroHealth Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great learning opportunity
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2018
- talented physicians and physician leadership
- opportunity to work with a top-flight EMR and informatics team
- strategically positioned to make a significant positive contribution to the community
it was nice
Stna in training (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2018
I worked them for two day only for clinical for my STNA license. I worked there and took care of six residents. I took care them which consisted of bathing, feeding and talking to them.
enjoyable day of job
Front End Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 16, 2018
My most enjoyable day of the job is when I complete an 8 hour day and the patients (customers ) are satisfied. When I go that extra step in helping someone that really needs help. If a patient comes to the clinic early in the morning and they did not have breakfast or nothing to drink to make sure I provide them with something from the café, to see the look on their face with joy of they had something to eat. I like seeing patients satisfied when they leave the clinic.
Pros
chief buying lunch
Cons
not all employees helping out
Too stressful, understaffed, overworked, awful management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2018
Totally sucked. Awful mangement. Took abuse from patients and the managers didn't take our side. Awful CEO. Lack of communication. Managers left every few months. Union did nothing to help.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Awful management
Nice place to work but low pay
Practice Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 11, 2018
I enjoy working for MetroHealth but - with my 27 years of work experience - I am still at the very bottom of the pay scale for my position in the Cleveland area. And I am an employee that goes above and beyond in my work field.
Pros
Ease to get to work
Cons
Low salary
lab assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 9, 2018
assisted in the care and testing on lab rats. i liked my supervisor. It was a temporary job. the rats were impregnated and tested for the effected of high blood pressure on the fetus.
Pros
supervisor
Cons
no benefits
Love MetroHealth Medical Center
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44109March 7, 2018
My days at Metro were extremely busy as my position became very eclectic over the years. I worked for wonderful physicians and had the opportunity to work with some amazing people in various positions. The executive level leadership was not the best or easiest to respect towards the end but overall I enjoyed my time at MetroHealth. The benefits were outstanding -
benefits
Cons
executive level leadership at times was changing too frequently
good company
LIEUTENANT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2018
fast paced environment that engages employees. great benefits and support in furthering education. The culture has been changing for the better and enhancements will benefit the residents of cuyahoga county.
Awesome Place to Work
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2018
Metro is by far the best hospital to work for in this area. I have worked for all three of the major hospitals, and Metro was BY FAR the best experience I have ever had. It is unfortunate that the actions of one manager had to influence my decision to leave the company. I would recommend working at Metro to anyone. The CEO is amazing and he truly cares about each and every employee's well-being.
Productive an fun
Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 26, 2018
Between 1991 and 2011, MHMC was a great place to work. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. The employees were like family and treated fairly. The clientele really benefit from this healthcare facility,
Great Hospital
Clinical Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44109February 12, 2018
Physicians and nurses treat one another with respect. This is a teaching hospital and nurses work with new residents every year. A large number of patients who live in poverty; many opportunities to teach about healthy lifestyle and taking care of themselves.
Pros
Working in a teaching institution
Cons
Benefits are so so. You have to pay for parking.
Need to do better
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Satellite officeFebruary 11, 2018
Lack of communication between management and staff. Had 5 different supervisors in less than 2 years. They fire people then do not replace the staff, therefore your short staffed. Management need to visit the department's to see how it's run.
Pros
Patients, benefits
Cons
Short staffed/poor managemennt
Great work place
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Fast pace work place.
Very interesting
Great work environment
Other staff are great to work with
Great benefit.
Paid vacation and paid sick time
Great learn place.
Great job!
Practice Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Busy Busy department. Many special projects. Learning ground!!
Good supervisor and a lot of opportunities to grow. Hard job but very rewarding. Wish I have spent more years here when I was younger.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not enough time in day some days
Metro Health is an amazing hospital to work at
Referral Office Liason (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2018
I have been with Metro Health Medical Center for the past 22 years. I think that it is the best hospital in Cuyahoga County. To see over the years the care of patients by all levels of employees is truly top notch. Proud to be an employee of Metro Health.
Pros
Continuing education, tutition remibersment and health insurance
Cons
Not enough part time positions
N/a
Customer Support Partner (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 28, 2018
Great place for people looking to become a nurse. They will pay for school. Certain jobs are union based and the benefits are okay. I would recommend to someone in the medical field.
Many opportunities for continuing education within the role of clinical nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 27, 2018
I have worked there for over 30 years and have enjoyed working with patients and their families. Metro provides collaboration among all disciplines of the health care team which makes it a rewarding experience. There is a lot of cultural diversity within the organization and the community.
insurance follow up
Insurance Follow Up Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2018
worked from queues, had a goal, too many politic involved, no advancement, no down time, like drill sargeants, no positive reinforcements. only pushed and degrade.
I liked it here
Behavioral Observer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2017
I owe a lot to this hospital. Frankly, I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. I had the benefit of working on a different unit every day. At times it was pediatrics. At other times, it was surgery and general medicine.
Pros
The hospital, and the people that work there
Cons
would have liked to move around a little more
labor intensive, non-family friendly schedule, staff shortages, politics
Patient Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2017
Excellent place to start young and become established, difficult to start later in life related to schedule, management and politics. Excellent benefits and retirement program.
benefits