MetroHealth Medical Center Employee Reviews

simply awesome place to work
Systems Operations engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 27, 2018
Metro is one of the best places to work in the Cleveland area period!

the culture is laid back and supportive, the people you work with are more like a family than just co workers.

can't beat the benefits either.
Pros
many
Cons
hardly any
Good Place to Work
Cash Processing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 19, 2018
It is a good place to work. There are a lot of perks to working for this company. The benefits are something you will not find anywhere else. Medical benefits are fantastic
MetroHealth is a great place to grow, learn and succeed.
Full time staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2018
It is a wonderful platform for teaching. Education is strongly supported. Management is extremely supportive. Very nurse driven environment. Maintains Magnet Status. Accessible by highways. Supports all lifestyles and is very diversified and demonstrates competence in diversity education and environment.
Pros
teaching facility, competitive pay, great advancement opportunities
Cons
Maybe has improved by now, but needed a better gym for employees.
Poor Morale/Management
Systems Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 21, 2019
Poor morale across the board in the IT departments. Mainly due to poor management/mismanagement. Heavy workload bc they eliminate full time positions as they become available due to termination/retirement. Management push hard for overtime work every week for salaried positions, thus, a bad work/life balance.
Great Place to Work!
Practice Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 9, 2018
You can't beat the benefits package or ability to grow within the organization. Salary is a little low because the benefits package is so great. Definitely Recommend!
Too stressful, understaffed, overworked, awful management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2018
Totally sucked. Awful mangement. Took abuse from patients and the managers didn't take our side. Awful CEO. Lack of communication. Managers left every few months. Union did nothing to help.
Pros
Good money and benefits
Cons
Awful management
Love MetroHealth Medical Center
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44109March 7, 2018
My days at Metro were extremely busy as my position became very eclectic over the years. I worked for wonderful physicians and had the opportunity to work with some amazing people in various positions. The executive level leadership was not the best or easiest to respect towards the end but overall I enjoyed my time at MetroHealth. The benefits were outstanding -
benefits
Cons
executive level leadership at times was changing too frequently
Great Hospital
Clinical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 26, 2018
The pay is excellent, benefits are excellent, and there is unlimited opportunities for advancement. The biggest downfall is the nurse to patient ratio is very difficult to deal with at times.
Pros
benefits/pay/advancement
Cons
nurse to patient ratio
Ok place to work
Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2018
Management uninvolved and plays politics constantly. There are not many opportunities for advancing. The party is the only thing that keeps me there. Management is not team oriented.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Advancement
Great place to work,family like environment
Customer care partner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2018
I had a great experience working for metro health.wish I would of never left.all the staff are super friendly and helpful.some of the upper management was what caused me to leave
Pros
Great benefits, awesome people to work with
Cons
Some of the management
good company
LIEUTENANT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2018
fast paced environment that engages employees. great benefits and support in furthering education. The culture has been changing for the better and enhancements will benefit the residents of cuyahoga county.
Resource Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2018
They are a good place to learn and maintain skills. They offer paid education and the benefits are excellent for employees and families. The starting salary is usually more than the other area hospitals.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Some poor management
Nice place to work but low pay
Practice Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 11, 2018
I enjoy working for MetroHealth but - with my 27 years of work experience - I am still at the very bottom of the pay scale for my position in the Cleveland area. And I am an employee that goes above and beyond in my work field.
Pros
Ease to get to work
Cons
Low salary
Ok work place
Billing Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Good for gaining work experience but could be more diverse in cultures. Overall its a good experience. Does not offer benefits such as health or dental insurance.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
No benefits
Terrible place to work - do not work in Neurosurgery - TOXIC!
Health care professional (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2018
Neurosurgery department is a toxic pill mill with incompetent staff and narcotic dealers for secretaries. Unprofessional management on vacation most of the time. Extremely high turnover rate. NP/PA's treated like nurses, management clueless to scope of practice. A nightmare place to work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
lab assistant
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 9, 2018
assisted in the care and testing on lab rats. i liked my supervisor. It was a temporary job. the rats were impregnated and tested for the effected of high blood pressure on the fetus.
Pros
supervisor
Cons
no benefits
Mission Driven and Public Health Focused
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2018
Though I wasn't particularly thrilled with the floor I worked on, I absolutely stand behind the hospital's mission and their support of their employees. They provide great career development, training, and support for employees, as well as provide care to whoever needs it, regardless of insurance. They also support strongly support the LGBTQ population through their pride clinic and other outreach efforts. Many employee engagement and volunteer opportunities. Very wholesome and progressive company to work for.
Wic
(Nutritionist Health Professional) WIC (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44109October 29, 2018
Full schedules. High turn over rate. Freq cal offs due to few vacation approvals. Low staffing in clinics. I do love working with my staff they are the highlight of my day
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Vacation time
Great Hospital
Clinical Staff Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44109February 12, 2018
Physicians and nurses treat one another with respect. This is a teaching hospital and nurses work with new residents every year. A large number of patients who live in poverty; many opportunities to teach about healthy lifestyle and taking care of themselves.
Pros
Working in a teaching institution
Cons
Benefits are so so. You have to pay for parking.
Practice Support Specialist - Dermatology (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 1, 2018
Great benefit packages, room for movement, advancement within the hospital. Various opportunities to move to different departments or work different shifts