Metromont Corporation Employee Reviews

job
Batch Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 8, 2019
It wasn't the best place but it was alright. located in spartanburg. alot of labor work. runs about a 10 hr shift . a hr long lunch. pay could be better for the work put in.
Poor Atmosphere and Working “ Job Scared”
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 13, 2019
Grown men acting like children at times. A lot of behind the back chatter,rumor starting and cut throat activity goes on on a daily basis.
Management has no structure whatsoever. I had 3 “Bossmen” who argued and bickered infront of other employees. As well as differing to one another and never getting a for sure reapknse from either.
cement finisher
Cement Finisher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 10, 2019
learn to finish concrete,team leader face pace work made sure job was done right and on time,love working at metromont good jod to recommend anyone to go work at
metromont
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GADecember 24, 2018
this review was required the job was nice ion know more simple it could be it was nice good pay good hours the only issue is the sometimes it was really cold
Its a great place to work if you can handle a few things
Construction Worker/Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GADecember 14, 2018
CONS: You never knew what time you were getting off on any day. It was hard to plan anything Mon-Fri. There were days that I would work 16 hours, go in at 3am and leave at 7pm. There's not a whole lot of room for advancement. Each crew has a crew leader, every supervisor has 2 to 3 crews, then there's a handful of managers. In the almost 3 years I was there, I saw supervisors move to manager and then 2 crew leaders took their spot. That only happened because one manager got fired unexpectedly and another moved to Florida. Its kind of a good ole boy hierarchy, some people could get away with anything because they were buddies with the supervisor or manager. If you weren't one of the good ole boys, they seemed to
PROS: They do pay well, if u deserve it. If you're a hard worker and willing to be a team player they will give you more money. If you can handle the 60-70 hour work weeks, you can make good money. If you need time off of work or need to leave because a child is sick or something they are pretty understanding.

I personally loved this job at first. All those hours can really burn you out but the money was worth it. Once I had kids and a family at home, the hours became a problem. I was working more than dadding.
productive and fun work place
QC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLOctober 13, 2018
worked together with upper management to keep the quality in condition. Everyone work together to have good production environment and high quality and customer satisfaction..
Pros
good work surroudings
Cons
low pay
Review
Mi-Jack Crane Operator / Yard Master (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2018
Days at Metromont start early and end when the job is done.
Wonderful company to learn and grow. Many training opportunities. Great HR department. Team building.
I wouldn’t recommend it for anybody
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 30, 2018
Metromont is like a revolving door, there is always new faces everyday at work that don’t last maybe a week. The management at this particular plant is running this place into the ground, everybody is worried about other people’s job instead of doing their own job. There is always somebody looking to get somebody in trouble here as well, the drama and bs that comes along with the job are not worth it. I had to deal with less drama in high school than I do here. I do not recommend this place for anybody that has some sense!
Pros
There’s not really any pros
Cons
To much to mention
Good place to work, has safety issues
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2018
Washing truck down at wash rack, i got hit by a run away truck. That driver forgot to engage his parking brake. Was Injured bad, had several broken bones, good thing I had an attorney because my boss wanted me to still work even though I wasn't physically able to, not to long after that an employee at the block plant got his foot caught in tracks and got his foot cut off.
Cons
Not safety conscious.
My job summary
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 20, 2018
I loved working at metromont I had a great job of driving concrete truck to pour the in door molds I also drove water truck . I also loved maintenance I wanted to work in that department. I mainly worked at batch plant and sometimes I worked for mantienace win it was needed or I worked overtime.
Pros
You can smoke, you are outside, you meet olot good peaple, and u get to help build amazing structers
Cons
I didnt like the employee parking lot but its a big plant
Not a good place to work
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GAMay 7, 2018
This job is not for anyone who can't work in any weather conditions. There is a ton of walking around and the employer doesn't care about it's own employees.
Pros
Get to work with hands
Cons
everything
Some of the people you work with are great and are willing to help you with anything you have.
Welder, plant welder and materials coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 9, 2018
The company is taking on the Greenville plant and the Charlotte plant when they barely have enough good help to run the Greenville plant.
I just think that the company is about to start going down hill when it was a great place to work and enjoy with what you do, to where they will start working a 50 year old man to his breaking point, and anyone else they can find.
Pros
They work with you when you need some time off on a short notice
Cons
Taking on to much work at the same time
It was stressful to the point there were no jobs advancement
GMAW Welder (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2018
Lack of communication, random due date pop-ups and not a good place to look for job advancement... Especially if you have a career goal, you would like to accomplish.
Pros
Able to leave early as long as you report it a 1-2 days early
Cons
bad communication, healthcare, and random pop-ups from the office about due dates for customers product
room for growth
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 25, 2018
I have learned a lot while working at metromont and would recommend friends to work for the company. I would recommend this company to friends and family. I feel that this is a fast paced company and I have enjoyed working for the company and I hate that they are relocating. Due to owning my home and having a family I am unable to relocate with the company.
Cut throat no advancement potential
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 6, 2018
Management will say one thing but not deliver. It’s a buddy system. Unless you are connected you will not rise and if someone wants the position you’re in if they’re more connected you’re replaced. They will have you doing jobs you are capable of but will not give the title or compensation deserved of the job.
Pros
Unlimited overtime. Work as many hours as you want.
Cons
No breaks during shift lunch Varys between 9-14 hrs before you get one.
Concrete culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 8, 2018
Many strides have been made in this industry to make it a better place to work. Given the way culture is moving in this country it is only a matter of time before the rough and tumble enter the modern workforce.
fun place
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCSeptember 5, 2017
The people are easy to get along with there and it all one big family . the plant manger is cool. the harest part of the job is you working outside year around
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short breaks
Learned about concrete
Wet finisher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 1, 2017
With a lot of hispanics not speaking English made it difficult but it's a good job. My first time doing concrete and I enjoyed it. I would work there again
This is a job thats competive and stressful at times
Lead man (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GAAugust 18, 2017
Your day starts around 3am and ends when the job at hand is complete. I learned to read blueprints and how to lead a crew. Management is understanding and helpful to employees when they have questions. The work culture is competive with other employees. The hardest part of the job is that your at the mercy of the weather. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay.
Pros
Job pays well, and has lots of room for advancement
Cons
Your at the mercy of the weather
Not a good place to work at
Bed Utility (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2017
Rotativity is very big because the company is not interested in retaining talent. They do not care about the conditions in which the employee works. Managers do not really care about the employee's well-being.
Pros
there is career advancement possibilities
Cons
managers do not care about the conditions in which employees work