Metron Integrated Health Systems Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work.
Houseleeper (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIMarch 10, 2019
So many things are wrong with Metron that I would need a box of paper to write everything down.
The hosekeepung staff shrug their duties and take so many breaks I find it amazing that nobody notices or just doesn't care.
The supervisor is cruel and hurts staff members on purpose. His superiors just blew it off.
Hope his rage never focuses on a resident.
Pros
Lovely residents.
Cons
Everything else.
Great
Leader (Current Employee) –  MetronJanuary 5, 2019
Facility level is great. Great team work and family dynamics. Upper management lacks to make lower level management feel secure in their position. Lack of professional development
need better orientation with people who actually want to teach
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIDecember 6, 2018
Every single person that I orientated with was awful... didn't want to teach, didn't want to be followed around and was always so much in a hurry that they were taking short cuts and not finishing anything.
Dollar driven
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 30, 2018
This organization is solely interested in it's bottom dollar. It has a total disregard for staff safety and work-life balance. It is the expectation that hourly staff work well over their scheduled hours and make short/long term adjustments in their schedules to accommodate staffing holes and that salaried clinical staff work long hours to also fill staffing holes with maybe an hourly wage compensation benefit (or time off if you can find the time - which doesn't happen). Fill the beds at all cost. Regardless of staff exhaustion or morale. PTO is accrued at a snails pace and when you do decide to leave you aren't allowed to cash it out. First organization that I've ever been at that has this policy. Couple that with a mediocre at best benefit package that is expensive and the recipe for high turnover exists.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  PrivateOctober 25, 2018
Just don't. The co workers are fine but everyone is treated poorly. It all trickles down. Love the residents but it is truly a terrible terrible company to work for.
Not a good work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIOctober 9, 2018
Terrible work environment
Terrible treatment of elders
Terrible living conditions for elders
Overall the worst place I have worked by far
Such a bad place for anyone to work
A good move for me
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 21, 2018
Glad I made the move to Metron! The work life balance is great and our team is wonderful! I can always count on our leadership team! As a company, we are moving in the right direction. I’m proud to work at Metron!
Management makes the difference
Floor Nurse, LPN (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, MISeptember 13, 2018
Forest Hills has a very approachable management team, from the administrator toe CCC's. I have worked other places and I can honestly say this is a fantastic team. Open door policy for DON and CCC's. Our administrator is on the floor a lot. She makes a point to interact with staff in a positive way. We are a all private room facility. The acuity level of residents is pretty low. I would sat that many of our staff do not realize how good they have it here. If you want to work for a place that management cares about staff as much as the residents, a place where management helps staff when needed. Then apply to Forest Hills. No place is perfect, and you should never expect it to be. That is unrealistic. But the Forest is trying to be it's best and "do the right thing". It's worth it to see what the Forest is about. I am just a floor nurse and this is my real review!
Pros
Management, private rooms, schedule, treatment of staff, Raises based on performance review
Cons
need more staff that will stay
Think twice
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  big rapidsSeptember 7, 2018
Worst company I have ever worked at! No support, no training, HR sucks!! Rude to employees, have to watch your back 24/7 otherwise watch out you have that knife in your back!! Worst experience I have ever had! Those "corporate" people I think they were consultants rude and demanding, lies lies lies!!!
Pros
The Residents!!!
Cons
overall everything
Loved concept behind the job
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 20, 2018
Administrators are harsh, the state is always there and the stress does not balance out. Too much stress for the job to be worth it. three are some good things but too much drama.
Pros
some employees are great
Cons
state is always there, company's mission is not followed
Not a good place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIAugust 6, 2018
They do not care about their staff. They offer nothing for them and make you take a pay cut if you take there health plan. They also mandate staff and up to 16 hours a day and then call you back in right after you gat home. It is just not a good place to work for.
Fun family orientated
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIJuly 12, 2018
It was a good place to work, easy, fun, family orientated, i loved my job and the people i got to work with, i learned alot from the residents, and formed bonds that i won't forget.
Most of the highly rated reviews are fakes. Think twice about your career before working here.
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 12, 2018
This organizarion lacks sound leadership. Too many employees are in leadership roles that have no leadership experience and as a result careers are destroyed at Metron.
Activities Aide/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 22, 2018
When I worked there it was just drama. I was their to work, not listen to everyone's problems at home. Too many picked favorites and I was not trained properly. The person who was supposed to train me was always starting a tantrum or at least you could see that she was getting angry and teary eyed.
Pros
Worked with seniors
Cons
The drama
A typical work day
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIMay 14, 2018
Go to work, have a debriefing, than start my shift. Do vitals signs, pass out waters, and than check if everyone is dry. Get people up for dinner, than go to dinner break, than check if everyone is dry again lay them down. Go home for the night. I learned a lot at that place, because it was my first time working at a facility like that. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make the residence happy and make a little bit of difference in their lives. The headrest part is that there might not be a lot of employees to help out. The management is alright, and the workplace culture was alright but I also liked it at the same time
Pros
Free food, get to talk to the residence
Cons
Short breacks, and very fast pace
great co-workers poor management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIApril 13, 2018
As much as they continuously promised staffing would improve it never did, which caused for many, many hours of being mandated. Not a recommended place to work if you have a family with small children for lack of staffing and being weekly mandated. As many times as we had staff meetings promising to hire more staff we could never keep them long enough. Just about the only time we were fully staffed was when state was in the building.

I will say I enjoyed my coworkers but bullying for some was an issue and we had many messages sent out about the bullying and was never corrected, hence why most new hires quit.
I dont recommend metron as a job for many reasons
RN (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 21, 2018
Terrible place to work. Low wages that do not reflect years of experience. Lack of communication and support from management. Huge turnover with staff. I could really go on and on
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Wages, poor communication, terrible management
Fast paced
Charge Nurse LPN (Current Employee) –  Belding, MIMarch 3, 2018
Metron does not give raises based on experience, received two cost of living raises in 10yrs. Short staffed on many occasions, not able to pass state re-survey.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Dont give raises based on experience.
facility is run with an “I don’t care attitude”
N/A (Former Employee) –  Belding, MIMarch 1, 2018
Aides routinely state residents refuse care, ie. Showers, ted hose placement, toileting, when approached by nurse, the response was “ok to do”. Patients that are totally dependent on staff for care, do not get turned routinely, causing skin to get sores, and lights get answered with a “yeah, they can’t just wait till I get there” attitude. Aides have a poor attitude and are mean to new nurses and aides.Nurses and aides are constantly working short handed, but admissions keep coming in... how does that make care good? Horrible place to work and be a patient!
Cons
Management doesn’t back their nurses... CNA’s do what they want, not held accountable for job duties. Work short handed constantly.
Not a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIJanuary 30, 2018
I was given way to many people to take care of on my own. Could never get any help. Co-workers had bad attitudes and weren't very friendly. Management was poor and lacked communication skills.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, under paid, always short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metron Integrated Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.