Metron Integrated Health Systems Employee Reviews for Nursing Assistant

need better orientation with people who actually want to teach
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIDecember 6, 2018
Every single person that I orientated with was awful... didn't want to teach, didn't want to be followed around and was always so much in a hurry that they were taking short cuts and not finishing anything.
Not a good work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIOctober 9, 2018
Terrible work environment
Terrible treatment of elders
Terrible living conditions for elders
Overall the worst place I have worked by far
Such a bad place for anyone to work
Not a good place to work for
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIAugust 6, 2018
They do not care about their staff. They offer nothing for them and make you take a pay cut if you take there health plan. They also mandate staff and up to 16 hours a day and then call you back in right after you gat home. It is just not a good place to work for.
A typical work day
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIMay 14, 2018
Go to work, have a debriefing, than start my shift. Do vitals signs, pass out waters, and than check if everyone is dry. Get people up for dinner, than go to dinner break, than check if everyone is dry again lay them down. Go home for the night. I learned a lot at that place, because it was my first time working at a facility like that. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make the residence happy and make a little bit of difference in their lives. The headrest part is that there might not be a lot of employees to help out. The management is alright, and the workplace culture was alright but I also liked it at the same time
Pros
Free food, get to talk to the residence
Cons
Short breacks, and very fast pace
great co-workers poor management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIApril 13, 2018
As much as they continuously promised staffing would improve it never did, which caused for many, many hours of being mandated. Not a recommended place to work if you have a family with small children for lack of staffing and being weekly mandated. As many times as we had staff meetings promising to hire more staff we could never keep them long enough. Just about the only time we were fully staffed was when state was in the building.

I will say I enjoyed my coworkers but bullying for some was an issue and we had many messages sent out about the bullying and was never corrected, hence why most new hires quit.
Not a good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIJanuary 30, 2018
I was given way to many people to take care of on my own. Could never get any help. Co-workers had bad attitudes and weren't very friendly. Management was poor and lacked communication skills.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, under paid, always short staffed
Nice place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belding, MINovember 1, 2017
It was nice place to work but there was a lot of mandating from call ins other then that they were very reasonable hours and days of work i would work there again in a heartbeat
Fair work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MISeptember 17, 2017
I worked nights and loved the residents. I learned about Dementia and its affects on family and the person involved. Management seemed to really care about the residents and the care they received. Most of the co-workers seemed to care as well. The hardest part of my job was getting attached to the residents and then they passed. I enjoyed the residents and the care I gave to them.
Pros
Resident care was caring
Cons
all in rate
Always being mandated
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belding, MIMarch 23, 2017
Employees call in daily. Usually a lot of the same ones. They don't receive reprimand regularly. Mandating CNA's is a daily thing. If you have children this could be a problem.
Cons
Cost of insurance and you are required to take a pay cut. Lack of pay raise.
Amazing place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIDecember 25, 2016
The only reason I left was because i was moving. If i had it my way i would drive over an hour just to work there again! I think everyone there was amazing and it was by far my favorite place to work!
Great company with a few flaws
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belding, MINovember 7, 2016
Overall Metron is a great company to work for and the residents are top notch. The one complaint that I do have is there are no wage increases, reward us for doing the hard job that the CNA's do!
Pros
Great management
Cons
No wage Increases
Love Metron of Forest Hills
CNA (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 4, 2016
I've worked for this company for awhile now. It had a rough period but the bad apples have moved along. I love these residents and the new management is so great.
Pros
Best team, great leadership. What a great company.
Cons
Distance to drive to work.
It was a nice starting place but im ready to move on
Certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MIAugust 5, 2016
A typical day at Metron is stressing about weather you are going to have enough staff for the day and if you were going to get mandated again. Most co workers were willing to help you when you were running behind. Management isn't very helpful.
metron...
CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIJuly 15, 2016
metron was a good job while i was in school. i couldnt work for them as much as they needed me though. i stayed until i moved back home from school.
Worst place ever to work!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville miApril 9, 2016
I worked as a cna at the Greenville location.. Poor management, they don't care about your or the fact that me and along with every one else was being mandated for 16 hour shifts every other day... Poor pay, they don't care about about there residents just the pay checks... BEWARE u have Ben warned
Pros
It's a job
Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company for 5 years learning how to care for the elderly as a Certified Nurse Assistant. The bonds you acquire over a time with each client is priceless.
Pros
Rewarding working with the elderly
Cons
Management needs improvement
Metron of belding
CNA (Former Employee) –  metron of beldingAugust 3, 2015
Worst management ever in history.... does not appreciate the workers at all. Plays favorites on some staff and others get treated like they are worthless.
Pros
the residents are one in a million
Cons
mandation, stress, favortism, false accusations
hard working staff, not well taken care of by management
Certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Belding, MISeptember 30, 2014
worked hard everyday not noticed by management. Everyone is hard working but not appreciated. Short staff.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
hard work not enough employees
Third shift was great to work, with energetic, helpful workers, dedicated to the full care of the residents.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIJune 20, 2014
The nights were filled with busy work, answering call lights, tending to rounds, keeping up with online charting. The shift changes were the hardest part; finding the people on other shifts, and keeping up with new communications.
Pros
enjoyable residents, third shift teamwork
Cons
bad communication, personality conflicts
Excellent facility for any resident
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lamont, MIJanuary 14, 2014
While I LOVE my job as a CNA at Metron, the management drives most of us "lower totem pole" workers crazy. They think they know more than they do about the residents and need to better communicate with their staff. I love my co-workers because we all genuinely care about what is best for our residents. This small nursing home allows us to spend quality time with each resident, making them feel comfortable and welcomed. The main issue I have is that they are almost always scraping by with staff, forcing us to constantly be mandated or held over.
Pros
Small facility
Cons
mandation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metron Integrated Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Metron Integrated Health Systems Reviews by Location