Metron Integrated Health Systems Culture reviews

A typical work day
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIMay 14, 2018
Go to work, have a debriefing, than start my shift. Do vitals signs, pass out waters, and than check if everyone is dry. Get people up for dinner, than go to dinner break, than check if everyone is dry again lay them down. Go home for the night. I learned a lot at that place, because it was my first time working at a facility like that. The most enjoyable part of the job is to make the residence happy and make a little bit of difference in their lives. The headrest part is that there might not be a lot of employees to help out. The management is alright, and the workplace culture was alright but I also liked it at the same time
Pros
Free food, get to talk to the residence
Cons
Short breacks, and very fast pace
Poor Company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIJune 12, 2017
Have not worked there in a long time, was not a pleasant place to work when I was there. Culture focused on making money instead of care of residents.
awesome executive leadership team and CEO
Leadership (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 30, 2017
Metron is the first company in healthcare that I have worked at that I truly feel that the C-suite cares about me as a person. I work hard, but am rewarded with great benefits and compensation. They just redid their compensation system company wide, so it is very competitive. Aside from compensation there are amazing leaders at all of the facilities and my team mates are like friends. I am so happy I made the leap and choose to join the team at Metron.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
They need more people
Good company values
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Metron of BeldingNovember 8, 2016
Great company to work for. The management team really seems to care about the employees, both professionally and personally. The team members are friendly and accepting.
A positive work environment
MDS/PPS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Metron of BeldingNovember 7, 2016
In my current position I speak with a great deal of residents and staff alike. As a nurse manager my job can be challenging; however I feel that overall at the end of the day I have accomplished a great deal and have made a difference with the residents I serve and the staff I work with. I work with a great team and we are all supported by our management within the building.
Pros
Great comaradity
Cons
Deadlines!!
Very much a friendly and family oriented company!
Management (Current Employee) –  Metron of BeldingNovember 7, 2016
Great company to work for. Very much a caring organization. Great place for rehab and long term care. I have had several family members here and the staff is amazing.
Pros
Clean and friendly enviornment
an awesome place to work
MDS coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs MichiganNovember 7, 2016
I feel fortunate every day I go to work. At Metron of Cedar Springs we have the best leadership team and the foundation of excellent staff. It is a great feeling to be part of an awesome team.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
health care not the best
Great, caring company and friendly place to work
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 7, 2016
I have been with Metron a little over a year now and couldn't be happier with my decision to work here. Management really cares about the staff and my coworkers make me enjoy coming into work each day.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere, friendly staff, different facilities/locations to work at
Cons
No performance reviews
Wow! Huge changes!
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Metron of Forest HillsOctober 31, 2016
The new management team has made a lot of positive changes for the Forest Hills facility! Friendly and approachable, even the Administrator sets aside time monthly on every shift to meet with floor staff. CNAs and nurses seem a lot happier than they used to. Lots of new staff with better attitudes, great teamwork and a fun environment. Residents are priority, they give great care and truly love the people who live there. REcommend!
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Older building
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIOctober 5, 2016
Great family like environment. Management treats staff well and promotes family. Patients are well taken care of and loved. I have left not because I didn't like my job or the people I worked with, but I needed to expand my knowledge and received an increase in pay!
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Wage and advancement
It was a nice starting place but im ready to move on
Certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MIAugust 5, 2016
A typical day at Metron is stressing about weather you are going to have enough staff for the day and if you were going to get mandated again. Most co workers were willing to help you when you were running behind. Management isn't very helpful.
Horrible management!
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIAugust 2, 2016
Was fired over the phone on speaker because I had a Dr's note taking me off work for a day because of my pregnancy. Management is very poor. Managers and DON are friends and don't treat other staff well. Very poor kept facility. Seems like more of a popularity contest than a workplace. Residents are last priority. They deserve better care and importance.
Pros
Pay was competitive
Cons
Equipment was never available for us to do our job, management
Director Sub Acute and Health Care Contracting (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 21, 2014
The culture was awesome at this job and miss it deeply, I only left because it was a relocation for me and I couldn't sell my house in a different part of the state. I loved the people that I worked with!
Pros
people
Cons
no raises
Third shift was great to work, with energetic, helpful workers, dedicated to the full care of the residents.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIJune 20, 2014
The nights were filled with busy work, answering call lights, tending to rounds, keeping up with online charting. The shift changes were the hardest part; finding the people on other shifts, and keeping up with new communications.
Pros
enjoyable residents, third shift teamwork
Cons
bad communication, personality conflicts
Life Enrichment Aid (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 21, 2014
The work was fun. Management was ok. The job was very enlightening because of the people I took care of. The hardest part was going to work knowing that no matter how hard I tried it was not good enough. The most enjoyable part of my job there was when the residents' told me how good I am doing.
Cons
Gossiping and favortism