Metron Integrated Health Systems Employee Reviews

an awesome place to work
MDS coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs MichiganNovember 7, 2016
I feel fortunate every day I go to work. At Metron of Cedar Springs we have the best leadership team and the foundation of excellent staff. It is a great feeling to be part of an awesome team.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
health care not the best
Great, caring company and friendly place to work
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 7, 2016
I have been with Metron a little over a year now and couldn't be happier with my decision to work here. Management really cares about the staff and my coworkers make me enjoy coming into work each day.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere, friendly staff, different facilities/locations to work at
Cons
No performance reviews
Pleasant, friendly work environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Belding, MINovember 7, 2016
I have been a Metron employee for 3 years, work days are busy but rewarding. The managers I work with care about the residents and often discuss/plan how to make the workplace better for the staff. The majority of Nurses and CNA's are kind, caring people. The hardest part of the job is when coworkers call in, the most enjoyable part of the job is making residents feel cared for and loved.
Excellent building and company to work for!
RN (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MINovember 7, 2016
Metron has been a wonderful company to work for. They have always worked with me and given me time off so I could attend my children's activities and other out of work activities I have needed to attend. I have also had the opportunity to grow in my employment/take on new and different opportunities in my building. The teamwork is the best at Cedar Springs and I would recommend Metron to anyone!
Pros
Teamwork, room to grow, have input in my job
Cons
The ever-changing healthcare environment/rules/laws
Great Coworkers and Comfortable working enviorment
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MINovember 7, 2016
Coworkers and Managers are easy to get along with and are willing to go above and beyond for employees. Employee lunches once a month, sign on bonus and referral bonus
Pros
Awesome Coworkers and Managers
Love Metron of Forest Hills
CNA (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 4, 2016
I've worked for this company for awhile now. It had a rough period but the bad apples have moved along. I love these residents and the new management is so great.
Pros
Best team, great leadership. What a great company.
Cons
Distance to drive to work.
A great place to work
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MINovember 2, 2016
I am so happy that I came to Metron of Greenville. It is like a breath of fresh air. The staff including the management team care so much about the staff as well as the patients. The DON and Unit Managers have an open door policy and treat us like family. Even tho the drive is farther for me I have found a home.
Wow! Huge changes!
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Metron of Forest HillsOctober 31, 2016
The new management team has made a lot of positive changes for the Forest Hills facility! Friendly and approachable, even the Administrator sets aside time monthly on every shift to meet with floor staff. CNAs and nurses seem a lot happier than they used to. Lots of new staff with better attitudes, great teamwork and a fun environment. Residents are priority, they give great care and truly love the people who live there. REcommend!
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Older building
Productive and well organized environment to work.
Medical Biller/Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  100 Michigan Ave Grand Rapids MIOctober 23, 2016
This was a long term position for me. I worked several position and was able to learn a lot about the hospital. I gained a lot of healthcare experience in the positions I work. It was a well organized organization.
Pros
Excellent changes for advancement.
Cons
Parking downtown Grand Rapids was some what a challenge.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIOctober 5, 2016
Great family like environment. Management treats staff well and promotes family. Patients are well taken care of and loved. I have left not because I didn't like my job or the people I worked with, but I needed to expand my knowledge and received an increase in pay!
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Wage and advancement
Wouldn't recommend working here
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 25, 2016
Not a good place to work. They do not pay very much, and they never offer evals or raises. Poor management at Forest Hills location, which is evident by all of the staff quitting! Hired an administrator that doesn't listen or care about the staff! It is her way or you can quit, and there is no teamwork. The corporate office is creating executive level positions and building a new building, but they don't increase pay or show appreciation to staff. Keep looking for a different place to work.
It was a nice starting place but im ready to move on
Certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MIAugust 5, 2016
A typical day at Metron is stressing about weather you are going to have enough staff for the day and if you were going to get mandated again. Most co workers were willing to help you when you were running behind. Management isn't very helpful.
Horrible management!
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIAugust 2, 2016
Was fired over the phone on speaker because I had a Dr's note taking me off work for a day because of my pregnancy. Management is very poor. Managers and DON are friends and don't treat other staff well. Very poor kept facility. Seems like more of a popularity contest than a workplace. Residents are last priority. They deserve better care and importance.
Pros
Pay was competitive
Cons
Equipment was never available for us to do our job, management
metron...
CNA- Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIJuly 15, 2016
metron was a good job while i was in school. i couldnt work for them as much as they needed me though. i stayed until i moved back home from school.
Small facility allows for hands on care
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MIJune 25, 2016
Great patient interaction. Extensive experience with Trach patients. Co-workers are helpful. Management allows to flexible schedule. Patient care is top priority.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Health insurance, Low comparible pay rates
Worst place ever to work!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville miApril 9, 2016
I worked as a cna at the Greenville location.. Poor management, they don't care about your or the fact that me and along with every one else was being mandated for 16 hour shifts every other day... Poor pay, they don't care about about there residents just the pay checks... BEWARE u have Ben warned
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Nice place to work....just doesn't pay well
lpn nurse (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 28, 2015
It's a nice place to work. The staff to patient ratio is not very heavy. They really focus on treating their employees with respect, and honestly do care about their staff. Unfortunately, the pay scale is really on the low side. It almost feels like they penalize you if you need benefits too. The difference between with benefits and without benefits is around a $1.50 per hr. That is the only negative.....but it is a big one.
Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company for 5 years learning how to care for the elderly as a Certified Nurse Assistant. The bonds you acquire over a time with each client is priceless.
Pros
Rewarding working with the elderly
Cons
Management needs improvement
Metron of belding
CNA (Former Employee) –  metron of beldingAugust 3, 2015
Worst management ever in history.... does not appreciate the workers at all. Plays favorites on some staff and others get treated like they are worthless.
Pros
the residents are one in a million
Cons
mandation, stress, favortism, false accusations
Filed, organized patients binders, stocked storage rooms, and audited patients files.
Extern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIMarch 8, 2015
*My typical day at work was filing patients paperwork into their patient binders, stocking storage rooms, talking to some of the patients to make them feel comfortable, and auditing patients files.

*I worked directly with my manager everyday and there were times that I was unsupervised by her while I was doing my job.

*The hardest part of my job was seeing patients pass away.

*The most enjoyable part of my job was when the company was being audited and I was able to find everything the auditor was looking for and we passed inspection.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metron Integrated Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.