Metron Integrated Health Systems Employee Reviews

A great place to work.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIJanuary 30, 2015
I learned a lot about the elderly community including what it takes to care for them. I would prepare meals and drinks and make sure the dishes were clean and taken care of properly. The hardest part was that there was so much to do in a short amount of time but I was always able to accomplish it. The management was really good as were the coworkers.
Autonomous
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIJanuary 14, 2015
I learned how to be a RN Case Manager and to manage all aspects of patient care including coordinating care with other team members including Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Social Work, Home Health Aides. I learned the Medicare Oasis reporting and excelled at it.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
on call for 7 days at a time
Family run company for 6 skilled nursing facilities
Life Enrichment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 3, 2014
A job that allowed for outside of the box style thinking to advance/improve the overall care for elders. A typical work day ranged from training all the facility staff in sensory integration, evaluating an elder who had cognitive challenges that required special programming, to teaching a highschool class I created for one of the facilities. I learned how to juggle several big projects at the same time, helping re-train staff to help them function at their best during their job, communicate with a variety of people, train a variety of staff in regards to people's cognitive functioning, and educate the public by speaking for marketing in several different venues. The hardest part of the job was learning the details of the regulations in comparison to rehabilitation which was my previous employment. The most enjoyable part of the job, was engaging with the elders, seeing their enjoyment of a new program. In addition, being given opportunity to think outside of the box to try new programming or trainings.
Pros
Freedom to think outside the box, flexible schedule, good compensation
Director Sub Acute and Health Care Contracting (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 21, 2014
The culture was awesome at this job and miss it deeply, I only left because it was a relocation for me and I couldn't sell my house in a different part of the state. I loved the people that I worked with!
Pros
people
Cons
no raises
hard working staff, not well taken care of by management
Certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Belding, MISeptember 30, 2014
worked hard everyday not noticed by management. Everyone is hard working but not appreciated. Short staff.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
hard work not enough employees
needs more communication in the place and less favortism
nurse aide (Former Employee) –  greenville of michiganAugust 22, 2014
a great place to work if you have the right people to work with , as long as the nurses and aides worked together then the day went good ,but when you have a nurse that sits there and just barks orders at you , when you are running around helping everyone and doing what your supposed to be doing then a nurse tells you that she needs you to get vitals or water for someone and your already busy and the nurse is just at the desk sitting and talking to whoever when they could help out... That to me is not team work, and it goes to their head when they are nurses..
Pros
good aides you work with
Cons
not enough time for your breaks or to do charting
never boring, every visit use different skills
LPN (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIAugust 6, 2014
Lots of oportunity to use most if not all your skills. Opportunity to learn new skills or reintroduce to skills you haven't used in a while.
Pros
busy and never boring. Independance a must
Cons
no benefits per diam pay
Third shift was great to work, with energetic, helpful workers, dedicated to the full care of the residents.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIJune 20, 2014
The nights were filled with busy work, answering call lights, tending to rounds, keeping up with online charting. The shift changes were the hardest part; finding the people on other shifts, and keeping up with new communications.
Pros
enjoyable residents, third shift teamwork
Cons
bad communication, personality conflicts
Life Enrichment Aid (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 21, 2014
The work was fun. Management was ok. The job was very enlightening because of the people I took care of. The hardest part was going to work knowing that no matter how hard I tried it was not good enough. The most enjoyable part of my job there was when the residents' told me how good I am doing.
Cons
Gossiping and favortism
nursing home setting
Cook/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 16, 2014
low income, state run nursing home; employees are treated fair as are the residents
A Great Company
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Lamont, MIJanuary 21, 2014
I worked for Metron of Lamont which is a very beautiful little care facility on the Grand River. The company makes you feel welcome, the owner is personable and friendly and makes visits to his care facilities often.
Excellent facility for any resident
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lamont, MIJanuary 14, 2014
While I LOVE my job as a CNA at Metron, the management drives most of us "lower totem pole" workers crazy. They think they know more than they do about the residents and need to better communicate with their staff. I love my co-workers because we all genuinely care about what is best for our residents. This small nursing home allows us to spend quality time with each resident, making them feel comfortable and welcomed. The main issue I have is that they are almost always scraping by with staff, forcing us to constantly be mandated or held over.
Pros
Small facility
Cons
mandation
Good management, for the most part.
Night Laundry (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MIJuly 22, 2013
I worked at both the Cedar Springs and Big Rapids Branches, In Cedar, my boss was very good at management. Not so much in Big Rapids, but the CNA'S were easier to work with in Big Rapids.
great place to work
Staff Nurse and Unit Manager/MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MINovember 29, 2012
Very friendly place. Residents became like family. Everything kept clean and presentable. Most employees really care about the residents.
Pros
friendly
Cons
older building
good work enviroment , good co-workers.
Certified Nursing Assistance (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MINovember 13, 2012
A typical day would be an 8 hour shift performing care on resident and tending to there needs.. co-workers are fun and hard working people, almost all i consider friends.. I've learned to really appreciate people and there needs as they get older, and learing how we differ as far as age and learing experience.. I always learn from them and they from me, and thats the most rewarding thing to me.. The hardest part of the job for me is when you get close to the residents and they pass away, It doesn't get any easier but you remember the good times you had and remember what lessons they taught you..
Pros
hardworking co-workers and residents
Cons
short staffed, not enought hours..
A place where you could enjoy each day and learn new things and not be under pressure.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 2, 2012
I would check the time clock for errors to make sure the employee's punched in and out. Check to make sure the reports and files on employee's were updated. Make sure background checks had been done on new hire's if not I would get them set up for a back ground check. Check to make sure all new employee's had all the required orentiation classes completed. Do the verififation of employment forms, Garnishments, friend of the Court documents and the State of Michigan / UIA Monetary Determination forms and Kent County DHS forms. Performed the bi-weekly payroll for 140 employee's.
Pros
benefits and enjoyed the people i worked for.
Cons
no raises
Great place to work while taking classes
Custodian of Records (Current Employee) –  Rockford, MIJune 25, 2012
I am the file clerk, boring job no matter where you do it. Pay was good and manager fair.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no raises - ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metron Integrated Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.