MetroNet Employee Reviews

Highly operational
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 12, 2019
Metronet is a growing fiber optic based Service Provider. The operational tempo is aggressive at times. They provided numerous training opportunities for their employees to improve professionally and personally.
Good company well managed.
Salesman/Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA/Purdue, IndianaJanuary 2, 2019
Metronet was an extremely well run company. Sales meeting were held for employees to learn more about products/sales techniques whenever necessary. Metronet also had a very friendly and honest C.E.O who was always helpful and willing to listen to his employees.
Pros
Organised and friendly
Cons
None a great company all round
Beware
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  IndianaOctober 7, 2018
Typical of many of the reviews, if you enjoy having every minute of your day monitored, please apply. Constantly changing policies, procedures that are explained away because Metronet is "growing" (rudderless?). Frustration is a key component of your daily routine. At times, a lack of proper tools/equipment (It costs #### dollars? - NO, is what you'll hear). And never, ever tick off certain supervisors. "I won't give so and so the satisfaction of firing him, BUT, I will make his life miserable to the point so and so will want to quit" is the mentality of at least one relatively new supervisor. As someone who has a history of simply putting in an honest days work for an honest days pay, working here will have you seriously questioning your sanity. But if you enjoy being told when, why, how, where, and what to do all day long - enjoy!
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Too many to list
Love metronet
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 2, 2018
Great atmosphere and management. Great place to work hands down. Have had no issues with this company. The management is on key and ready to help with any issues.
Pros
Great employee atmosphere
Lies
Retail Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 3, 2018
Claim that they love to hire within, then pass you over for someone that was obviously fired from their previous company. We deal with managers that should not be in charge of other people. They give people that have never done a certain job control over that position. What is ridiculous is how they are trying to get all the lower people on the front lines off of commission but still pay their supervisors all commission for their market. We are literally told to sell more or get fired. I make as much money hourly and the lowest selling person in the company, but the supervisors make commission plus a huge base salary. Absurd that a supervisor that cant do the simplest stuff makes more than double what the people below them make. This company is just looking for numbers so they can sell to a larger company.
Poorly Managed, but great employees
Internet Protocol Operations-Access Intern (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 11, 2018
In my department, my manager was terrible. He had no technical understanding of what we did, and was not inspiring and did not communicate well. We were not efficient, and a lot of that was due to his management style and personality.

However, the engineers I worked with were fantastic. They were very experienced and knowledgeable, and helped me to learn a lot about how an engineer should think and prioritize projects.
Pros
Internship offered free housing, paid $15 an hour
Cons
Little opportunity for career development or promotion, very low pay for the jobs offered compared to others in the area
Rapid Growth and Room For Advancement
Admin (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 9, 2018
I have been with the company for over 2 years and our head count has over doubled.
There is room to grow with this company and you are rewarded for hard work and dedication.
Metronet is experiencing growing pains but upper management is doing all they can to align their practices to other corporations their size.
The benefits package offered and Medical cost sharing is extremely generous and it's comforting to know that I can go to the Dr. without worrying about going bankrupt. My take home pay is considerably higher with Metronet simply because of the amount of medical premium the company is contributing to my premium.
The 401(k) match and vesting is incredible and I will stay with the company just so I can save for retirement!
Overall the pros outweigh the cons. I will be staying with Metronet as long as I can. New markets are being approved all the time and I can't wait to see where this company will take me.
Pros
Benefits, Retirement, Growth Opportunities
Cons
Rapid growth causes policies and procedures to modify constantly
Growing Company
Associate (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 25, 2018
MetroNet is a great place to work. They let you think outside the box and there is opportunity for advancement. HR is really hands on and is always available.
fun workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMay 19, 2018
a typical day is 10 hours 4 days a week with rotating schedule so your days off are always changing. Loved management people just wish it paid better.
Constantly challenging, no two days are the same.
OSP Engineer Quality assurance (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 23, 2018
The hardest part of the work is the Monday morning negative reinforcement call from management.

The construction objective changes constantly due to the permit process.

Working with the lowest bidder and making them preform is and always has been a challenge
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Insecure work environment
Lack of management and communication
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 2, 2018
Rules and procedures changed often. There was miscommunication across all departments. Some people deserved more pay than others and vice versa. There was always word about people maintaining important positions despite being incompetent or unwilling to adapt to change. Inferior equipment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad management
Its a job
Field operations technician (Former Employee) –  Wabash, INMarch 26, 2018
Metronet is a growing company, plan to constantly have changing policy and sometimes work 80 hours a week. I loved what i did just didn't agree with the company and the way they treated there techs.
Pros
Lot of things to learn
Cons
work a lot of hours
Horrible Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 14, 2018
This is a rapidly growing company with horrendous management. I have never worked somewhere with such poor communication and workplace culture. You live in constant fear that your job is on the line. New tasks are added to your job nearly every day with no more pay. Management believes in micro-managing but most of them have no clue what they are doing. I was continually given false or incorrect information by my manager and told that it was the way it was. You are encouraged to flat out lie to customers to get a sale.
Pros
decent pay, one hour lunch break, PTO and good benefits
Cons
everything else.
Not horrible, but be prepared...
Technician (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 7, 2018
Rules change from week to week. They're strict on policy until they're not... when it benefits the powers that be. Pay is low considering you do ALL ladder work and places like Spectrum and Frontier use bucket trucks and get paid more. High risk, low reward. They used to have 4 10's schedule, which allowed more time with kids, family, etc. Eventually they switched 5 8's, after pretending to care about techs' opinion and ultimately doing what they wanted to do anyway. So you will have insufficient down time.
Pros
You'll become close with coworkers, take home vehicle
Cons
weekends hrs, loopholes in policy, supervisor/lead literally do nothing.
rather pass on this
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INFebruary 18, 2018
No comment. Great Product. Direction unclear.. As i stated i do not wish to elaborate on metronet.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
wages
Horrible communication
None (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 7, 2018
Terrible company. Horrible communicators. If you reach out to anyone you never hear back. Try different districts to get an answer. Not a single word.
Pros
You work somewhere else
Cons
You work here.
n/a
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INJanuary 25, 2018
Large amount of discrimination. If a mistake was made that could have been learned from happened then there was threats of termination all because management felt uncomfortable with certain employees.
micro managed
Repair/TTU Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 13, 2017
my boss is great, his boss not so much. really stress numbers over quality and competition over working together. large issues with how things are run more than the job itself
Pros
1 lunch
Stressful, no communication
Representative (Former Employee) –  IndianaNovember 3, 2017
It's just another company that steps on the little man, the one that's working the hardest, the one that is doing everything they're told but doesn't see any compensation. This company is famous for giving false promises. And the entire time Management is breathing down your neck.
Pros
nice salary and benefits
Cons
stressful and bad upper managment
Stressful Work Environment: Unappreciated
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Wabash, INNovember 2, 2017
Lots of potential at Metronet but all the wrong people are in all the right places. They need a more agile management environment and decisions to be made locally rather than from a centralized location. Great people and great product but very poorly managed.
Pros
Free TV and Internet/Great benefits
Cons
Underappreciated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetroNet. Our community is ready to answer.