MetroPCS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,739 reviews matching the search See all 2,756 reviews
metro pcs
Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 14, 2018
not to bad at all just dealing with customers is sometimes a headace but over all you need to have people skills inorder for you to enjoy your job.You gain people skills and teachs you how to become your own boss.
Pros
sometimes it doesn't get busy so you can relax
Cons
sometimes you'll have to deal with the same customer over and over again
Productive & rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 14, 2018
A typical day working at MetroPCS is busy and enjoyable. Helping customers with solving issues is rewarding. Great working environment and amazing co workers.
worst place of employment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 13, 2018
worst place ever never get paid on time and management is bad and charge extra fees thats not supposed to get charged also they dont train you correct and gets mad at you within a week of hire date
busy workplace
Flyer Distributor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60639July 13, 2018
At Metro PCS you get a few rude customers that just like to be loud some just come in just not to buy anything. I learned that not all people feels the same way you do when it comes to race its somethings some people won't forgive. My manager was rarely there because he managed more than one store. I was the only black person who worked in the store the rest were Mexicans but they all treated me the same. The job really wasn't hard except for rude customers just got to let what they say roll off your shoulders. I enjoyed seeing the kids smile when they come in and buy their first phone.
Pros
longer lunch breaks, discounts
Too new of a store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Lion, PAJuly 13, 2018
I was trained within two week then put by myself since there was only two of us working the store. The owner lived two hours away and only stopped by once a month. Nothing to do there but stare at the walls.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 13, 2018
Typical day a MetroPCS is helping out the customer with any problem relate to handset. info on customer accounts, and make sure the customer know of new deals. I learn a lot from my managers at the time I was working there and also the customers.
Laid back and fun but challenging work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 12, 2018
I was able to talk to and meet many new people through this job. While it was laid back, many times the work that I had to do challenged my thinking. Overall it was a fun, laid back and rewarding job.
Good Temporary Job
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 11, 2018
Working a t MetroPCS during college was a good job to have to help pay for my expenses. I learned a lot in my time there and I will always be thankful for that.
Pros
Good job to have during college
Cons
Strict Quotas
Productivity
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wood River, ILJuly 11, 2018
Are company is ran by are Superiors that do not care about the work ethic and just lets the weaker employees do what they want and get away with it, by stealing sales and being constantly late to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Some employees do not do the whole job but half way do what they have to do.
poor
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21201July 11, 2018
i didn't like working there beings though the service was poor, it was hot and humid in the summer time. the management was poor. i wouldn't recommend anyone to go there.

Want to know more about MetroPCS?

Ask a question
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
This specific owner that i worked for was not very involved with his employees, pay was bad, no pto. No benefits, no advancement what so ever very slow paced and horrible management.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
short breaks, no pto
Average Environment With No Help
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2018
Typical day, i would really just sell products, phones, and pay bills.
One thing i learned working at Metro is you have to have good communication skills. Hardest part is coming across rude customers in the work place. Overall the job was okay to me.
Pros
Free phone bill
Cons
Environment
productive
Sale representative & Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAJuly 10, 2018
opening the store doing inventory checking the phones getting sales activating phones for customers fixing there phone repair technical stuff counting money doing drops in a safe managing the schedule
Pros
good pay
Cons
30 minuet brake
One of the best jobs I've had
MARKET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 10, 2018
Metro pcs has given me multiple experiences that I use in my everyday life with a great work environment. Everyone in the company was like a family and helped one another. Theirs definitely room for growth within the company and allot that can be taught. Just stay motivated and dedicated. Give 110% work and I'm sure you'll receive 110% recognition.
High paced and fun learning experience.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOJuly 10, 2018
I found Metro to be a bit unorganized.(new company to the area) so the training could of been more in depth. Tho the pricing of phones and plans are the besrt in town so commission id good.
Pros
Commision Based pay.
Cons
Hard to keep phone in stock because it sells such a high volune
Active
Manager/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 9, 2018
control the store front and make sure the store look show ready. create a team that bonds and knows how to work together. keeping are sales and customers happy.
Pros
sales count on you and no supervisor over your back.
average workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 9, 2018
In this dealer the hours are kind of flexible but there is not a lot of companionship. Everyone is divided and so it is not the greatest workplace environment.
Pay weekly
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
Got paid every week worked 6 days a weeks same hours. Not so friendly place to work in, the area I was located was not a good area. No benefits or paid day off.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No benefits
Sells rep
Sells rep, cleaner, caregiver (Former Employee) –  Ga, taccoaJuly 9, 2018
I am a out going person, people person. Go getter. This job welcomed good hours and times but didn't do so well with employee or employee's. Manager was not fair.
Sucks
Authorized Dealer (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 7, 2018
we get no commission here if youre going to work for a metro store make sure it is corporate because privately owned are the worst !! boss is rude says i HAVE to wear makeup !! and is just plain out annoying
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything