Metroplus Health Plan
49Low

Metroplus Health Plan Employee Reviews

United States148 reviews
Great work place
I love working with metroplus and i wont trade for anything else. Whenever i want to leave for something else my soal holds me to stay back because people needs me.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
No overtime
Someone already said this but again "Stay Away from this place"
If you need an income well its not that bad with benefits. But if you are looking for a place where you can show your skills and advance in the company look somewhere else unless you have family members with pull. During the pandemic they are own by Health and Hospitals Corp and are completely unprepared to deal with the employees. No work from home options and no protection.
Very business like. No time for foolishness
Begin at 9 am extracting medical records and other duties most part of my fob is phone calls. Management is fair and available when needing help. The company believe in celebrating holidays and its a joy working there
Not A Good Place
There were multiple sudden changes in leadership. As soon as you pull one knife out of your back there was another one to replace it. Not a productive environment because there was no clear vision iterated by management.
Great people to work with
The people here are very knowledgeable and are open to sharing their knowledge, great open door policy. There's always someone willing to assist with your needs
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
The city perks
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great company
I like my job, lots of overtime, work and life family balance, great pay, good management team, lots of opportunities to market at events and networking
Nice boss
Nice place to work for easy going. I work with a lot of good people. Challenging yet fun. good location. Get to touch different technology.
Unorganized
This is the worst company I ever worked for. The managers has a nasty attitude, and other staff will talk down on you and try to shame you. This place is very unorganized and treat temp staff poorly. They are also back stabbers. They also treat their permanent staff better than the temp and will try to accuse you of not doing your work. I never seen such an unprofessional place like this ever!! They are doing a budget freeze which means no new temps are coming aboard. Be mindful these people will fire you without a cause and you can never work another city job. I recommend finding another place to work because this is not it!!
Very unprofessional and stressful work environment with broken and undocumented processes. However one of the few companies with a pension
Employees deserve a work environment where they feel safe while contributing to an organization’s growth and success. Unfortunately, MetroPlus’ culture of bullying and discriminatory practices are infectious and do not promote a healthy work environment. Workplace inefficiencies and poor service delivery systems are common place in the organization and quality employees struggle with making a decision to remain with the organization for any significant periods of time. MetroPlus continues to have difficulties with provider satisfaction because of broken and antiquated processing systems and a lack of firm, evidenced based senior leadership directives. Service Representatives find it challenging to perform basic functions of researching and explaining incorrect claim denials and underpayments. Senior leadership is focused on call answer rates from inadequately staffed units, poorly organized workflows and a claims auditing process with no purposeful goal. The focus has never been on proactively resolving front end claim errors and adapting similar business models of successful competitors. Other health plans are therefore leveraging MetroPus’ inadequacies to gain a stronger foothold in the marketplace.
As a final note of caution, should you decide to brave the waters and consider employment at MetroPlus, stay away from choosing their commercial product, MetroPlus Gold, as your health plan. Employees who enroll in MetroPlus’ commercial product risk exposure of sensitive claim information because claims are handled by other MetroPus employees!
It was a good experience
Good experience, not too much guidance from management but overall good motivation from management. There’s always loads of information that’s easily accessible
I loved working for this company!
I can honestly say I loved working for this company. It was a very rewarding experience from both my interactions with my consumers as well as working with the team. I would and have recommended this job to others!
practice nepotism, and other unethical criteria for promotion. Poor opportunities for advancement ; often hires unqualified individuals. Brown nosing is desired. Company going through manager reconstructing and job security is weak
Pros
Union protection
Cons
Everything else
Difficult Controlling Managers
The workplace environment involved working with a supervisor who was a controlling micro-manager. Team work among departments was often given lip service but not readily practiced. Setting up events to increase membership- that were sponsored by local legislative entities- were not given the recognition for the collaborative effort involved in achieving the result of signing 68 new members.
In a sense it was the cult pettiness.
No, just no.
I have never worked in a place with so much favoritism, bullying, and scheming- all from management. The call center is nothing but middle aged high schoolers who get off on drama and unnecessary nonsense. The insurance is okay but the union is absolutely terrible, they are nothing but liars and the shop stuarts are pointless. The whole company is unorganized and the new CEO needs to pay attention to the management.
Good place to start
you can't grow in the company
the manager are very unfair.

you will get a promotion if they like you. If they don't they will make your life very hard.
No more comments
I like my job but it seems very hard and sometimes unfair to be denied for career advancement due to the fact that l am doing great as a top Medicare sales producer. Even though l have both years Medicare sales experience and the required educational background. I have been denied twice for a Medicare Marketing Supervisor job opportunity at MetroPlus. I believe that this is unfair.
Don’t work there!!
The work culture at this company is horrible. People have stated that they come in and work so that they can collect a paycheck. My manger wasn’t helpful at all she helped the people that was on her team permanently. She was a manager that was a hood chic who had an attitude from the get go. I’m glad that they fired me when they did because the new CEO is cleaning house right now and I’m happier that I’m not there.
Pros
Union benefits, health insurance
New management
In the beginning loved working for the company and enjoyed my time there. This year new management took over the company and has been a lot of downsizing of management and staff. Making the work environment feel very unsteady.
Not satisfied
Was not satisfied working at this company. I feel that management should put 100% being nice and patient with new employees. Not only at the interview, but all around especially when help is needed from them.
Stressful place to work
Bad management, bulling and favoritisms. No respect for the employees. Low class people working for the Union getting pay excessively salary. I left because my anxiety level was very high and my doctor recommended that I leave that job.
N/a
Not a bad company to work for. But you will be expected to work alot of hours on a weekly basis. If you dont mind working 40+ this is the job for you.