Metroplus Health Plan Employee Reviews

Management is a mess
Assistant CSR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Management is a mess within this company. Everyone is power hungry which really makes it unejoyable for workers. If you’re lucky enough you’ll be tossed in your first week with 10 minutes of training.
Poor Management & Toxic Work Environment
Sr. MIS Consultant Helpdesk Analyst & Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Poor Management & Toxic Work Environment

Not a good work environment, unprofessional management that treats employees as a disposable items. Unprofessional co-workers, high turn around.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
Toxic work environment
Horrible, stressful, repeated SEXUAL HARRASSMENT
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2019
Let me just say that I’ve never been so sexually harassed until I began working as a Human Resources Intern with MetroPlus Health Insurance. I was repeatedly bringing up the constant harassment I received from male and female coworkers and maintenance crew to my immediate supervisor who brushed it off and instead advised me to wear “less revealing” clothing. I was underpaid as an Intern ($15/HR) meanwhile I was doing several tasks per day and undergoing extreme stress due to being ridiculed and berated under the supervision of the HR Executive Assistant. I do not recommend working here at all. I was made to feel like less of an employee due to my age and on the day I was fired my immediate supervisor actually told me to say bye to everyone I had worked with. As if the situation was appropriate for her to order me to bid farewell, minutes after I was terminated. And let me add that while I was being terminated she repeatedly stated “You saw this coming.”

Never again.
Pros
Cons
Sexual harassment, disrespect, condescending behavior
Not a good work environment
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
I was told before I left my former employer that accepting a position here was a bad move, I should have listened.
Too much nepotism. HR is very shady and prevents qualified candidates to join the organization due to their own personal agenda. Hiring managers can only do but so much and you are ignored.
Too many internal rivalries among departments. Low morale
Upper management prodded to leave positive reviews to job websites to offset the negative.

Please rebuild from the top down
Pros
No cons
Cons
many
Metro plus only cares about numbers
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2018
A typical day at work is your manager micromanaging, constantly calling you and harassing you to make sure ur getting members signed up.

As oppose to being trained by an individual or a group of experienced employees you are put in front of a desktop for 14 days and given material to study for a test that determines guaranteed employment.

Supervisors tell seasoned reps to help other reps with what they should be doing.. No cell phone policy except for favorites. Every man for themselves. You are thrown to the wolves and forced to produce numbers. Very stressful and tense environment. No room for advancement or family.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Overworked
Nice staff, poor management
UM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 26, 2018
I left after 3 months with no regrets, following 2 others who were there 5 and 8 months respectively. Co-workers were most helpful, however training and management were not at all effective. You can be shifted to any position on any day. The director with whom I intervieded never met with me after I started, nor after I turned in my resignation. Management is done by team leads who are under pressure by the Medical director to "get it done" Unrealistic daily numbers are echoed almost daily. A response from a team lead after I resigned, "I'm glad you figured it out before to long"
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
poor management, unrealistic
I did not enjoy working there
Quality Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
The environment was very unorganized and the employees lacked class and couth. It was very disruptive, and I wouldn't work there again even if I was offered a position in that department. the only department I would consider is customer service because its a Union job.
Pros
I learned new skills and gained knowledge
Cons
Ghetto employees
Dangerous
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
I can't work in good conscience with a company that makes us lie and hurt our clients. Hurting people to obtain a paycheck was never part of my plan..
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Extreme poor work ethics
Great Opportunity to gain experience
Marketing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
At Metroplus you have the opportunity to gain experience and confidence. You can take training courses such as leadership skills, excel, microsoft outlook etc. You often have to do presentations so that helps with reassurance.
not interested
Case Manager/field based, February 5th-present (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 25, 2018
i like working here. the managment is fair, im treated with respect and freedom. the culture is good and theres a nice work life balance. the hardest part is cheap equipment that keeps breaking down.
Dysfunctional Company still operating in 20th century
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
I don't know how this company still didn't go under. Absolutely no vision at the top level. No internal promotions or salary raises. Most new people don't last long. But you get good benefits and work-life balance.
Review
Assistant Director of Claims (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
nice place to work, room for growth, great commute, close to all trains. decent salary, great benefits, lots of union positions and city job perks and benefits
Pros
room for growth
Cons
no work from home opportunities
Micromanagment
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Everyone is micromanaged. Employees barely do any work and typically gossip or oversee co-workers. Very bland and dismal environment. Expect employees to put a facade and talk behind your back.
The culture at Metro Plus Health Plan is poor.
Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
The typical work day is fill with busy work and not meaningful work. You learn to police your staff as a manager. The work culture is poor due to the employees frustration with being over work and under paid.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor work culture, low pay and very little consideration for empolyees
stressful and the pay sucks.
CUSTOMER SERVICE TICKET AGENT (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2018
a typical day at metroplus is long and very busy. i learned to have more patience than i had before working there. the most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers. management is bad.
benefits
Cons
short breks
Poor
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2018
Horrible management, racism. Nurses are held to different standards depending on race. Lack of professional leadership, high school atmosphere. Lack of over sight for management.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Unprofessionalism
Stressful work environment due to unclear goals and expectations
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
Very stressful and unclear goals and expectations. Changing expectations all the time crate a stressful work situation and insecurity.
Favoritism is not an uncommon criteria,
There are no plans to move up in the job rank.
Diverse Works Space
Marketing Administration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
MetroPlus Health Plan was not at all what I expected. The staff were very nice, helpful and it was so diverse which made me feel welcomed. I was an intern so there was always lots of work for me to do. Its a lot of fun being a MetroPlus intern but the best part is that we make a great team.
Fun and a great launching pad for career advancement.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
Working hard and mastering a skill set and it is notice by the right people in management advancement is not too far behind. Big company but a family type vibe is probably what you notice about Metro Plus.
Pros
Free Benefits and Union Security
Cons
Introverts often get overlooked for positions
my experience
Care Management Associate-MetroMom Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
I was excited to be working with the metromom program. Checking in on he new moms, making sure they have their postpartum appointments. I was from a temp agency and the employers and management made me feel very welcoming.I really enjoyed being a great asset. The most enjoyable part of working there was that satisfication from the members that I helped them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metroplus Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.