Metroplus Health Plan Employee Reviews

I did not enjoy working there
Quality Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
The environment was very unorganized and the employees lacked class and couth. It was very disruptive, and I wouldn't work there again even if I was offered a position in that department. the only department I would consider is customer service because its a Union job.
Pros
I learned new skills and gained knowledge
Cons
Ghetto employees
Dangerous
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
I can't work in good conscience with a company that makes us lie and hurt our clients. Hurting people to obtain a paycheck was never part of my plan..
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Extreme poor work ethics
not interested
Case Manager/field based, February 5th-present (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 25, 2018
i like working here. the managment is fair, im treated with respect and freedom. the culture is good and theres a nice work life balance. the hardest part is cheap equipment that keeps breaking down.
Dysfunctional Company still operating in 20th century
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
I don't know how this company still didn't go under. Absolutely no vision at the top level. No internal promotions or salary raises. Most new people don't last long. But you get good benefits and work-life balance.
Review
Assistant Director of Claims (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
nice place to work, room for growth, great commute, close to all trains. decent salary, great benefits, lots of union positions and city job perks and benefits
Pros
room for growth
Cons
no work from home opportunities
Micromanagment
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2018
Everyone is micromanaged. Employees barely do any work and typically gossip or oversee co-workers. Very bland and dismal environment. Expect employees to put a facade and talk behind your back.
The culture at Metro Plus Health Plan is poor.
Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
The typical work day is fill with busy work and not meaningful work. You learn to police your staff as a manager. The work culture is poor due to the employees frustration with being over work and under paid.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor work culture, low pay and very little consideration for empolyees
stressful and the pay sucks.
CUSTOMER SERVICE TICKET AGENT (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2018
a typical day at metroplus is long and very busy. i learned to have more patience than i had before working there. the most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers. management is bad.
benefits
Cons
short breks
Poor
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2018
Horrible management, racism. Nurses are held to different standards depending on race. Lack of professional leadership, high school atmosphere. Lack of over sight for management.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Unprofessionalism
Stressful work environment due to unclear goals and expectations
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
Very stressful and unclear goals and expectations. Changing expectations all the time crate a stressful work situation and insecurity.
Favoritism is not an uncommon criteria,
There are no plans to move up in the job rank.
Diverse Works Space
Marketing Administration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
MetroPlus Health Plan was not at all what I expected. The staff were very nice, helpful and it was so diverse which made me feel welcomed. I was an intern so there was always lots of work for me to do. Its a lot of fun being a MetroPlus intern but the best part is that we make a great team.
Fun and a great launching pad for career advancement.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
Working hard and mastering a skill set and it is notice by the right people in management advancement is not too far behind. Big company but a family type vibe is probably what you notice about Metro Plus.
Pros
Free Benefits and Union Security
Cons
Introverts often get overlooked for positions
my experience
Care Management Associate-MetroMom Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
I was excited to be working with the metromom program. Checking in on he new moms, making sure they have their postpartum appointments. I was from a temp agency and the employers and management made me feel very welcoming.I really enjoyed being a great asset. The most enjoyable part of working there was that satisfication from the members that I helped them.
Fun place to work
Clinical Quality Seasonal Reviewer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Metroplus as a clinical reviewer. Everyone was very friendly, and we all worked together to get the job done. To bad it is a temporary position.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
It's only seasonal
Lots of opportunity to learn, lack of professional growth
Assistant Director/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
Working here provides many opportunities and exposure to many aspects of managed care, health care, federal, state and other regulations. However, there are very few opprtunities for career advancement and salary increases to compensate fairly and st market rate.

New management created an environment of devaluation of the workforce, low morale, high stress and disrespect.

I woukdve loved to stay with the company but lack of career advancement, degrading work environment, and fair salary forced me to leave.
Pros
City job, location near food and entertainment
Cons
Low pay, poor leadership
productive
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
It is a great place to work and the work environment is pretty good too. You don't get paid a lot but the benefits are the best. I would definitely recommend you to try plus it is a city job.
Leadership is poor
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
Management does not kow what they're doing in my department. They're making up the policiy and procedures as they go along. They blame the staff for their errors..
Pros
it's a NYC Govt. position
Cons
Management does not have a clue in my particular department
Horrible
Enrollment Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
Horrible place to work. I worked in the call center for almost 3 years. Incompetent management, gossipy employees. The place was a nightmare. The only good thing is the pay and benefits.
Lack of oversight for management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
Managers of certain departments were allowed to manage from a place of emotion. As a result, it created a culture of distrust, nepotism, and dysfunction.

People were being let go and leaving in record numbers in certain departments.
Nice people, but needs help..
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
Lot's of people looking to leave due to unfair working conditions and limited advancement opportunities. Departments do not work together as they should to coordinate care to members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metroplus Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

Metroplus Health Plan Reviews by Location