Metroplus Health Plan Employee Reviews

Poor
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2018
Horrible management, racism. Nurses are held to different standards depending on race. Lack of professional leadership, high school atmosphere. Lack of over sight for management.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Unprofessionalism
Stressful work environment due to unclear goals and expectations
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
Very stressful and unclear goals and expectations. Changing expectations all the time crate a stressful work situation and insecurity.
Favoritism is not an uncommon criteria,
There are no plans to move up in the job rank.
Diverse Works Space
Marketing Administration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
MetroPlus Health Plan was not at all what I expected. The staff were very nice, helpful and it was so diverse which made me feel welcomed. I was an intern so there was always lots of work for me to do. Its a lot of fun being a MetroPlus intern but the best part is that we make a great team.
Fun and a great launching pad for career advancement.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
Working hard and mastering a skill set and it is notice by the right people in management advancement is not too far behind. Big company but a family type vibe is probably what you notice about Metro Plus.
Pros
Free Benefits and Union Security
Cons
Introverts often get overlooked for positions
my experience
Care Management Associate-MetroMom Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
I was excited to be working with the metromom program. Checking in on he new moms, making sure they have their postpartum appointments. I was from a temp agency and the employers and management made me feel very welcoming.I really enjoyed being a great asset. The most enjoyable part of working there was that satisfication from the members that I helped them.
Fun place to work
Clinical Quality Seasonal Reviewer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Metroplus as a clinical reviewer. Everyone was very friendly, and we all worked together to get the job done. To bad it is a temporary position.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
It's only seasonal
Lots of opportunity to learn, lack of professional growth
Assistant Director/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
Working here provides many opportunities and exposure to many aspects of managed care, health care, federal, state and other regulations. However, there are very few opprtunities for career advancement and salary increases to compensate fairly and st market rate.

New management created an environment of devaluation of the workforce, low morale, high stress and disrespect.

I woukdve loved to stay with the company but lack of career advancement, degrading work environment, and fair salary forced me to leave.
Pros
City job, location near food and entertainment
Cons
Low pay, poor leadership
productive
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
It is a great place to work and the work environment is pretty good too. You don't get paid a lot but the benefits are the best. I would definitely recommend you to try plus it is a city job.
Leadership is poor
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
Management does not kow what they're doing in my department. They're making up the policiy and procedures as they go along. They blame the staff for their errors..
Pros
it's a NYC Govt. position
Cons
Management does not have a clue in my particular department
Horrible
Enrollment Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
Horrible place to work. I worked in the call center for almost 3 years. Incompetent management, gossipy employees. The place was a nightmare. The only good thing is the pay and benefits.
Lack of oversight for management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
Managers of certain departments were allowed to manage from a place of emotion. As a result, it created a culture of distrust, nepotism, and dysfunction.

People were being let go and leaving in record numbers in certain departments.
Nice people, but needs help..
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
Lot's of people looking to leave due to unfair working conditions and limited advancement opportunities. Departments do not work together as they should to coordinate care to members.
Clinical Reviewer/Over-reader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Great Place to work I would recommend working here to anyone , none stressful environment . working here you will be treated fairly the unfortunate part its contracted
Pros
fair treatment
Cons
benefits and compensation is decent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
very detailed job monitoring. great benefit's. metroplus is a good company. However my specific manager and team was not very collaborative. Company overall has a good culture. There is a good work-life balance, if you intend to keep it that way.
Okay not the best
Licensed Certified Application Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Its okay. Not the best,...Stepping stone benefits as a good city job.......No that growth. You have to work very hard for the little pay, with no recognition
Great place to move up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
My shift was from 9a to 5p which was pretty good. When working on Saturday, the call volume is much lower than during the week. The management team was very helpful, they have an open door policy.
Pros
Very team oriented
Cons
Some customers can be irrate even if you are being nice
Horrible Company
IT Security Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2018
This company does not allow anyone without a degree to effectively move upward. Even with years of experience, they will rather fire you than allow you cultivate experience.
Very stressful place to work. Working 3 years already. Will be looking for another job
CMA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Leadership leaves a lot to be desired. Management is terrible with lay offs firing. No credit for any work done. Always reprimanded. Your job is changed every day
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Just about it all
Associate
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
I'll preface by saying that the company has undergone many structural changes, however, when I was there, it was definitely not a good place to work. They pay well, if you negotiate and since this is a subsidiary of H+H the benefits a great. departments worked in silos employees are non-cooperative and not cooperative,
very good company to work for
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
it offers opportunities to grow, great benefits, flexible, great work environment. I have no complains about this company I wish they would have one here in PA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metroplus Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.

Metroplus Health Plan Reviews by Location