Metroplus Health Plan Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work
Clinical Quality Seasonal Reviewer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Metroplus as a clinical reviewer. Everyone was very friendly, and we all worked together to get the job done. To bad it is a temporary position.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
It's only seasonal
productive
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
It is a great place to work and the work environment is pretty good too. You don't get paid a lot but the benefits are the best. I would definitely recommend you to try plus it is a city job.
Leadership is poor
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
Management does not kow what they're doing in my department. They're making up the policiy and procedures as they go along. They blame the staff for their errors..
Pros
it's a NYC Govt. position
Cons
Management does not have a clue in my particular department
Horrible
Enrollment Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2018
Horrible place to work. I worked in the call center for almost 3 years. Incompetent management, gossipy employees. The place was a nightmare. The only good thing is the pay and benefits.
Lack of oversight for management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
Managers of certain departments were allowed to manage from a place of emotion. As a result, it created a culture of distrust, nepotism, and dysfunction.

People were being let go and leaving in record numbers in certain departments.
Nice people, but needs help..
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
Lot's of people looking to leave due to unfair working conditions and limited advancement opportunities. Departments do not work together as they should to coordinate care to members.
Clinical Reviewer/Over-reader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Great Place to work I would recommend working here to anyone , none stressful environment . working here you will be treated fairly the unfortunate part its contracted
Pros
fair treatment
Cons
benefits and compensation is decent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
very detailed job monitoring. great benefit's. metroplus is a good company. However my specific manager and team was not very collaborative. Company overall has a good culture. There is a good work-life balance, if you intend to keep it that way.
Okay not the best
Licensed Certified Application Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Its okay. Not the best,...Stepping stone benefits as a good city job.......No that growth. You have to work very hard for the little pay, with no recognition
Great place to move up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
My shift was from 9a to 5p which was pretty good. When working on Saturday, the call volume is much lower than during the week. The management team was very helpful, they have an open door policy.
Pros
Very team oriented
Cons
Some customers can be irrate even if you are being nice
Horrible Company
IT Security Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2018
This company does not allow anyone without a degree to effectively move upward. Even with years of experience, they will rather fire you than allow you cultivate experience.
Very stressful place to work. Working 3 years already. Will be looking for another job
CMA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Leadership leaves a lot to be desired. Management is terrible with lay offs firing. No credit for any work done. Always reprimanded. Your job is changed every day
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Just about it all
Associate
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
I'll preface by saying that the company has undergone many structural changes, however, when I was there, it was definitely not a good place to work. They pay well, if you negotiate and since this is a subsidiary of H+H the benefits a great. departments worked in silos employees are non-cooperative and not cooperative,
very good company to work for
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
it offers opportunities to grow, great benefits, flexible, great work environment. I have no complains about this company I wish they would have one here in PA
The culture of this company sucks, the management of the marketing department is horrible
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 17, 2018
When I started to work here, I learned everything on my own, no teamwork, very poor management, no motivation. it's all about what you are bringing to the company not about you at all.
Pros
Cons
racism, back stabbing, don't trust anyone
Productive and enjoyable place to work
MARKETPLACE ENROLLMENT OPERATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
As an employee the HR department gives you many opportunities to learn and improve employee skills with informative training. The salaries could be more competitive but the work is rewarding.
Stressful and no advancement
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Very stressful. There is no room for advancement if you are not a favorite. I really didn't learn anything. Management is unprofessional. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management and the most enjoyable part of the job is that I met some amazing people.
Pros
City Job
Cons
no breaks, unprofessionalism and no advancement
Got To Do Better!
Enrollment Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Management is very poor. A friends's before work atmosphere. Upper Management must be changed in order for change in an effective way to occur; in order to repair the years of damage to the company.
Pros
Union, City-job, Discounts
Cons
Weak Union, No advance, Favoritism
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Your work was set and ready to go. Clear instructions, management was very clear with directions.Work was done on time no rush! I enjoyed the calm setting
metro
Utilization Management Durable Medical Equipment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2017
workers were very friendly and always willing to help . Mangers were wonderful no issues with them at all. Training staff was also wonderful and very patient, Work was in a fast pace but very very wonderful day
Pros
insurance
Cons
durable medical equipment