Metropolitan Airports Commission Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Metropolitan Airport Commission
Business Clerk Cahier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 23, 2018
I typical days work was to service customer Uber and Lyft driver with airport permits. And taxi with permit and paperwork to pick up and drop off at the airport.
Pros
Lunch and 15 minute break
Cons
No benefits or vacation.
Excellent Work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 22, 2018
I work seasonally, on-call. When we are called in, we are given plenty of notice. They provide all meals and sleeping arrangements as needed to complete all work. The work environment is fast paced when we are plowing, but in a relaxed atmosphere when we are on break. We go through rigorous training and safety is #1 priority. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Free meals, good pay, good people
Cons
Great place if you are in the right department
Other Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 1, 2017
MAC is a great organization if you can get into the right department. A few departments are more stressful than others and that is directly tied to the management in that department. They try to do too much with a small staff.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
Stressful, location, parking
Public corporation that operates like a business from rents and fees it generates, not from tax dollars.
Director, Public Affairs and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 6, 2017
Very efficient and lean business. Many very dedicated professionals who stay with the organization many years. Currently undergoing significant changes in leadership due to retirements.
Exciting work environment
Tour Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 11, 2017
I worked as a tour guide in the 80s. They no longer give yourself.

I loved being a tour guide and informing the groups if how to use airport, what services are available and teaching them the basics of airline travel.

I had the freedom to coordinate the tours and book them. I worked with one other person in a small office.

It did involve a lot of walking but that was a small inconvenience. I love working with people and showing them something new. (At the time it was all new)
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Lots of walking
I worked here as a contract hire, though I would love to be an employee of MAC
Information Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 1, 2013
The Metropolitan Airports Commission was one of the most interesting jobs I have had. I worked in the Information Services Department and learned so much from the top-notch staff they employ.