Metropolitan Associates Management reviews

Featured review
Metropolitan Associates selected this as a representative review
Very family oriented company with opportunities for advancement
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 13, 2017
Metropolitan Associates has alot of long term employees, 20 plus years and they have been in business for 20 plus years. That says alot about a company. They truly care about their employees.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great family orientated company!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2017
I have worked for Metropolitan Associates for over 10 years. I have been promoted from within several times. I feel like this is a great company to work for because they put their employees first. They care and they show it. We are never micro-managed and all the corporate employees have a great rapport with the field staff. We are encouraged to work together as a team. We are encouraged to volunteer our time in the community and do team building exercises. We are praised when praise is due and we are constantly reminded if you ever need help to always reach out. Over 50% of Metropolitan Associates employees have worked for the company for 10 plus years and I think that in itself says what a great place it is to work at.
Pros
Generous benefits package, vacation time, perfect attendance days, sports gear days
A really great company & place to work!!
Corporate Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 28, 2017
I truly enjoy working at Metropolitan Associates, I've learned a lot about the property management industry, and the staff and management are great. Nice work/life balance.
I look forward to being here for many years to come!
Pros
Benefits package; location; advancement opportunities
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 28, 2017
There are so many great benefits to working at Metropolitan I'm not sure where to start. Working through the ranks into management over 15+ years, I feel that I have a career I earned with the help of supervisors who train, and sending me to classes to achieve my ARM designation. Metropolitan doesn't micro-manage, and they are always on hand to answer questions.

We truly have a family atmosphere, and when one is in need, the company steps up. I have seen them help out a team member when all tools have been stolen, or a family member passes, or is afflicted by a fire or flood or cancer. If I needed time off, it was never questioned or made to feel as if my job may be in jeopardy, it was always, "let us know how we can help".

I plan on retiring some day from this company and will stay on as long as they will have me.
Pros
Flexibility in management in granting time off as needed. Low turnover in management and leasing.
Cons
staffing. Low turn over in mgmt. can mean not many opportunities for advancement at this time.
Gratifying Career and Growth Opportunity- Team oriented
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 28, 2017
In the 11 years I've been with this company, I've advanced between Leasing Consultant, Assistant Property Manager and Property Manager positions. I've been given any training I sought, whether for the existing position or one I desired. We are constantly learning and evolving. I've been fortunate enough to have the support of my peers and senior management through many personal ups and downs. I feel valued as an employee and an individual. The company as a whole grows and changes with the industry. We seek to improve among competition, to provide the latest amenities and superior customer service to our residents. Some might feel that we are underpaid per the industry standard, but the benefits and treatment I receive are considerable and I'd rather be here, happy.
Pros
Personable management, learning and growth opportunities
Great team atmosphere/Challenging work environment
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 7, 2016
Metropolitan Associates provides employees the opportunity to grow and develop professional skills. Property Management is complex at best, there are many opportunities for team members to grow and be promoted into. While most companies are decreasing benefits and increasing rates to employees, Metropolitan looks for ways to provide comparable benefits without breaking the bank (and when possible, offer free packages to team members), offer very competitive retirement savings plans and have vacation and holiday schedules that are very competitive. Metropolitan Associates has always been, and continues to be, a family first company and works with team members to assist them when needed. There is no perfect place to work, however, when Execs and Owners know employees by name, and treat them with respect, dignity and professionalism, there isn't much more that can be asked for.
Pros
Challenging work environments and advancement opportunities
Social Worker
Social Worker / Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 28, 2015
The residents make the job worth wild. unfortunately the management and supervisors are more interested in generating revenue than the well being of the residents. this company does not enforce their lease making their tenants sign.
Pros
a job
Cons
company does not enforce their lease
Challenging and productive works days
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 17, 2015
A typical work day for me is never the same. The day starts with assigned work tickets but, can change depending on emergent needs within our work scope. Our management is always very helpful and willing to assist in all ways possible. Our co-workers are great. Awesome team players. The hardest part of my job is being on call 24 hours for 7days, along with having to work a regular 8 hour shift. My most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I receive after completing a task.
Pros
flexability
Cons
24 hour, 7 day on call schedule