Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)

Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Get yourself a foot spa
Peace Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
The grass isnt always greener on the other side especially at MARTA. They have the rudest customers at MARTA. If you dont mind standing up for 9 to 11 hours each day for 4 or 5 days a week then this is your job. If you dont mind being outside all day when its 90+ degrees out wearing that hot uniform or being in the freezing cold in the winter time then this is the job for you. MARTA is a business so they are going to micromanage you like no other. They have the officers tracked 24/7 while at work at all times, in other words you will always be monitored.
Pros
ALways get paid on thursdays
Cons
90% customer service/ 10% policing
I would not recommend MARTA as an employer
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
The inter office politics is unbearable for those wanting to learn his or her job and do well. Most employees are there to retire and not interested in helping new people become knowledgeable of job. It is an awful place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Older workers, management, no work life balance
A Changing Organization
Certified Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
MARTA allowed me to obtain my first professional certification in internal auditor. My audit manager was fair in an organization that is not know for its neutrality. I appreciated working there.
Pros
Variety of Assignments
Cons
Multi-Goverment Organization
Exciting at first then boom no advancement unless you know some one
SUPERVISOR/CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Department is very stagnant own manager said that theres no advancement . Benefits keep going up .Moral very low alot of back and forth with union they just take your money > Only time union shows up is if they up for re election . I can go on
Pros
pension
Cons
bad pay too may certs to maintain every year for the pay
Previous Mobility Supervisor Reservations
Mobility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
The management didn’t want to change the culture still old way of thinking. There Code of Ethics have not been updated since 1988 or revised. I have employee complaints because changes that was made by management. Horrible culture never again waste of time and effort cut throat management staff.
Productive and Satisfying
Rail Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
A typical day at work consists of making sure of the safe operation of my train and safety of the passengers making sure that they get to and from their destination it's a learning process each and every day with constant challenges making sure that my train is on time and that all of the passengers make their connections that's the hardest part of the job because the trains sometimes will break down and part of my job is to make sure that it keeps moving meaning that if anything goes wrong I have to make the proper adjustments to keep it moving the most satisfying part of the job is when everyone gets to their destination on time most of them will say thanks and that makes me feel like the mission has been accomplished
Pros
Customer satisfaction
Cons
When the mainline gets backed up and customers are dissatified
Working at M.A.R.T.A
Mobility Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2018
Marta was a great place to work. I learned more about people and how to communicate with them. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was providing a service that was much needed.
Poor Management
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2018
Management plays favorites and don't like to make decisions. They also gossip about personal business to other employees. Reservation department. They always pass the buck on to the next person
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor leadership
Competitive pay and benefits
Rail Station Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2018
I am currently an employee of Marta. I enjoy the competitive pay and the health and life insurance benefits that are provided to the employees. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with co-workers that understand my work ethic.
Make your own way
Acting Manager of Systems Safety Programs (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2018
MARTA is a great place to work if you are self motivated and hungry to take on challenges. There is a great deal of autonomy available to those who are driven to change their lives. These were the best professional years of my career so far.
Pays well
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
The job can be stressful if you let it. I have never had any major complaints with the management or my coworkers. The only issue that I had was there wasn't enough layover time between trips and being the traffic was so bad, you would not get breaks or time to eat.
Pros
Pays well with good benefits.
Cons
No time for breaks.
To monitor and protect Assets
Protective Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
To protect employees and their assets.To watch and monitor cameras
and gates. Provide customer service. To report any supucious activity
and to report it.
Workplace
Mobility Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
As a MARTA employee I was taught discipline and structure. I also loved how the company promotes within and the benefits as well. I liked the family atmosphere of the company.
Marta
Senior Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2018
A typical day at work was walking, patrolling and walking around the stations. I would answer calls and keep the patrons enter the stations. I would give them information about the station and places they can go or how to get to another train station within MARTA system.
was fun at first
blockout dispatcher and serviceperson (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2018
Company was a god place to work, however union has gone down hill, management has no respect for employees. You're nothing but your badge number here. If you can start in the rail department it would be great.
benefits
Cons
set work hours
Great company with benefits.
Customer Service Rep/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2018
Great place to work. They have good benefits.Employee's ride the system for free. Great place for advancement opportunities. They offer good customer service training.
Pros
Employee's ride the system for free.
Start but don't finish here
Senior Auditr (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2018
MARTA is a great place to start your career. However, it is no longer a place for longevity. Pay raises are small, there are no bonuses, and you are not paid to industry standards.
Pros
Great place to start a career
Cons
Lack of upward mobility and pay not at industry standards
great company
Recruiting Officer II (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
- I learned how to use and manage through computer programs
- management was decent enough to figure things out
- the work place culture is competitive but can be cut throat
- the hardest part bout the job was the hours
- the most enjoyable part was the discounts
driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
stressful,and easy to lose your job even though you work hard, AND dont have a schedule so your body is always drained.not a enough time for family life due to crazy schedule and work hours never got more than5 house for sleep
very productive
Customer Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
secured the whole station on a daily basis meeting great people along the way usually the day was great sometimes busy other time relaxed and not so busy i love that place
Pros
breaks not being micro managed trusted by management that you will do your job
Cons
breaks healthcare great hours and execellent pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA). Our community is ready to answer.

Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) Reviews by Location