Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA)

Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) Employee Reviews

How I feel as MARTA employee
Bus Operator • Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2018
The Job was O.K. but management gave the public the power to harassed their employees all the time. there is no protection for the drivers and people can call and tell lies on the driver and management will believe it.
Pros
The money and some of the benefit
Terrible work environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2018
Terrible work environment. Favoritism, cliques, office affairs, all flow into decision marking for promotions. Not a good place for professionalism at all. Stay away! You have been warned!!
Company would be great with different management
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
The company overall is great. Most managers should not be managers. The workplace culture is laid back most of the time. The hardest part of the job is working with the management on things that should change to make the workload easier
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Short breaks
Not a bad company
Railcar Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
I worked at Marta as a rail car cleaner. Job wasnt bad at all. Benefits were also great. Marta also makes it possible for you to work your way through their system for advancement. Marta was a great company.
Pros
company events
Fun work place
Media Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
Assisting customer with transit need. I learned a lot about the transit system. Management was great and work environment as well. The people that came to you for nothing. Working with all different cultural of people.
Pros
working with my team
Cons
Great potential once reevaluated upon the New Atlanta up coming!
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GA 30030September 4, 2018
Once the company realize the influx of new companies, emigrates and new traffic flow with new road hazards fixes it will be successful to Atlanta metro area!
Pros
Great longevity career
Cons
Risky on roads
Home away from home
Mobility Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30324September 1, 2018
It was honest hard work, overtime was always available and there is a union in place. Marta was like a family the years I invested there. We laugh together, we cried together and we worked hard side by side together as the front line image of Marta. I have experienced bittersweet moments with Marta throughout the years but if I could do it all again, I would do it with no hesitation.
Pros
A chance to serve your community
Cons
This job is what you make of it. Do not apply if you are a lazy individual.
Life Long Employee
Acting Director Mobility Services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2018
MARTA has been a great place to work overall. The hours are not 9-5 but everyday is a challenge. After 31 years I am looking to try something new, but would be willing to stay if I could.
Station Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2018
. It is very stressful on the front line at Marta. The patron mistreat us and Marta allows this behavior and does not to control it. Marta has taken the power away from are police department so we are basically on own with Marta public...
Pros
Nothing at this time
Cons
Nothing at this time
MARTA employed a number of good people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2018
The company itself had a lot of turnover in various departments. Security seemed good although sometimes people were put in embarrassing situations when just suspected of committing violations.
Protypical Government Environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Small company feel but big government sluggishness. Priorities seem to be out of order in some business sectors. Can be exciting if you have no frame of reference.
Pros
Great health benefits and two days PTO per month
Cons
Career path dictated by what you know about the company; not what you bring to the company, Peers seem intimidated by outside success and professional development.
Humbleness
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2018
My former job at Marta taught me to be humble, assisting thousands of people each day helps you to know how to respond quietly to negativity and hostile patrons.
Pros
made me a better person
Cons
made me realize that i wanted a career change
ok place to work
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 30, 2018
it was ok nice but it was hard sum times dilig with the people that didnt want to pay there fare to ride very stressful job driving around atlanta day in and day out
MARTA as a whole
Contract Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2018
MARTA is a good place to work. The people are nice and the pay is on a competitive scale. I would recommend MARTA to my peers who are searching for a career change.
N/a
Chief of Construction Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2018
Good Company to work for. As inters they told us that, there would not be a possibility that we would be brought on full time, which was a little messed up if you ask me. the internship lasted 12 weeks, you get pretty much the same treat as full time employees.
You Have to Sacrifice
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
The atmosphere at Marta is dying and it is not an amazing place to work. Often people talk about benefits and that's not just the only thing that should drive you. It's highly stressful, your scheduling is chaotic and the job itself puts you in situations that put your job in jeopardy more times than not. i.e. driving down small streets where the bus will not fit when signs are leaning in the road etc.
Get yourself a foot spa
Peace Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
The grass isnt always greener on the other side especially at MARTA. They have the rudest customers at MARTA. If you dont mind standing up for 9 to 11 hours each day for 4 or 5 days a week then this is your job. If you dont mind being outside all day when its 90+ degrees out wearing that hot uniform or being in the freezing cold in the winter time then this is the job for you. MARTA is a business so they are going to micromanage you like no other. They have the officers tracked 24/7 while at work at all times, in other words you will always be monitored.
Pros
ALways get paid on thursdays
Cons
90% customer service/ 10% policing
I would not recommend MARTA as an employer
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
The inter office politics is unbearable for those wanting to learn his or her job and do well. Most employees are there to retire and not interested in helping new people become knowledgeable of job. It is an awful place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Older workers, management, no work life balance
A Changing Organization
Certified Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
MARTA allowed me to obtain my first professional certification in internal auditor. My audit manager was fair in an organization that is not know for its neutrality. I appreciated working there.
Pros
Variety of Assignments
Cons
Multi-Goverment Organization
Exciting at first then boom no advancement unless you know some one
SUPERVISOR/CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2018
Department is very stagnant own manager said that theres no advancement . Benefits keep going up .Moral very low alot of back and forth with union they just take your money > Only time union shows up is if they up for re election . I can go on
Pros
pension
Cons
bad pay too may certs to maintain every year for the pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA). Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about