Metropolitan Community College Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
It was ok
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 1, 2018
Being a student worker, you make only minimum wage, limited hours. Good job for working at the college, while attending, it makes life a little easier with commuting and what not.
Great Place
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 2, 2018
The students and staff are all wonderful. The freedom instructors have with curriculum development is freeing. There is a lot of autonomy with being an instructor with MCC.
Good
Custodian Maintenance Certification (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSApril 22, 2018
Good place to work and friendly people! Learned a lot and will always recommend people to go there if they get a chance to ever go to school I lived every minute of it thanks mmc
good student science job
Biology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2018
good job to learn about science for student workers interested in biology. at some points i am searching for things to do, but there is usually always cleaning or organizing that can be done. professors are good to work with
Pros
learning outcomes
Cons
sometimes run out of things to do
Decent place to work
Mid-level employee (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 7, 2018
Job satisfaction and security fluctuates depending on who's in charge. Turnover can be high.

Little continuity because of changes in personnel at highest levels.
Pros
Educational environment
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Admin Assistant
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 30, 2018
I enjoyed working here, the people were friendly and fun, I dealt with lots of different students from all over the world. The campus was very nice also.
Pros
Free Lunches
stressful
Part time Faculty (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 20, 2018
I didn't get a lot of support from my bosses. I taught classes at night and felt the evening instructors were treated differently. I was often left to fend for myself.
Pros
met alot of great people
Cons
no support
Great place
Instructor of Biology (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 14, 2018
Treats teachers well. They support and work with students and create a diverse learning environment for the science students. I had excellent leaders there.
Great place to work and advance
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  KansasMarch 4, 2018
MCC believes in promoting from within. Most supervisors understand the need for growth and do not reel intimidated if one is applying for a job in another department, although they prefer you tell them first. They are very professional, yet laid back. They take what they do seriously and if one ever lands a job there, stay there. Your chance will come. Don't be impatient. If you work hard, they will advance you.
Pros
Support hard workers
Cons
Time Off
Ever-changing tasks
Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 28, 2018
The Marketing/Public Affairs Department at Metropolitan Community College provided great opportunities to experience all kinds of work and tasks. This sometimes came along with the need to work multiple open positions simultaneously.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the actual work and variety. The most difficult part of the job was the lack of support from outside the department.
Pros
12 paid holidays a year + vacation and sick time
Ok for hoodwink
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 27, 2018
Great pay, great people, management don't care about the employees, period in my opinion, there is good and bads in every company, when they talk about "gravy" trains from people tax money, it's sickening when its not about the student, in my opinion only.
Simple summer job
Maintenance/Landscaping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 9, 2018
A typical day at work involved clocking in with a time sheet, following orders given by assigned supervisors such as cleaning classrooms and other janitorial duties.
Enjoyable and rewarding
Campus Life and Leadership Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2018
This job was rewarding in that I learned many skills to take out with me into the workplace environment that will help me achieve my employment goals and desires.
Mcc
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 5, 2018
The benefits are the best aspect of being employed here and what has kept me here the longest. I've been here at Metropolitan Community College for 15 years and it was advantageous for myself and family during my time employed.
long ago
Adjunct Faculty/Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 2, 2018
this job was so long ago that I'm sure it doesn't compare to current conditions, but MCC was a part time job for me and they were kind and flexible for the most part
Pros
kind
Cons
long ago
Good place to teach as an adjunct
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 10, 2018
Get your books and go! Help is available if you need it, but it was pretty much "Here's the textbook and syllabus. Ask if you have any questions." There was, however, an orientation I was unable to attend.

The instructors' ranges of enforcement of such policies as attendance, when someone should be dropped, and classroom things such as cellphone and laptop usage was confusing to some students (and to me). More continuity in policy enforcement may clear things up and give students better understanding of what to expect in all of their classes.
Pros
Flexibility in curriculum delivery
Love management
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Fremont, NEJanuary 8, 2018
They seem to get it.

I like my hours, They worked to get me to the nearest location to my home for teaching. They provide me with opportunities to sub and earn extra cash.
Pros
Great boss
Fabulous Experience
Continuing Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MODecember 28, 2017
Working at the Metropolitan Community College was an excellent experience. I would have never left except my husband was transferred with his job. It was a fantastic place and loved the job and all the people.
Pros
Benefits, Management and Time off
Cons
Turn Over
Community Responsive Organization
Director, Workforce & IT Innovation (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 12, 2017
Metropolitan Community College (MCC) works closely with community partners to continually improve their responsiveness to the needs of students and employers. MCC searches out, develops, and deploys best practices to strengthen student success and sharpen the skills of the area workforce. Relationships and collaboration are important in the workplace culture. MCC provides very satisfying work experiences.
A Variety of Experiences
College Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 2, 2017
With five campuses there were always opportunities to network with diverse groups of people. This also allowed for a welcome exposure to different degree programs and career fields.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement!
Cons
Inconsistent operational procedures between the five campuses