Metropolitan Community College Culture reviews

Laid Back Atmosphere
Part-Time Faculty (ESL) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2018
I was a teacher and I enjoyed working with my students. It was great learning about all the cultures and watching them learn the American culture as well.
Pros
Holiday Pay
Cons
No Healthcare
Work Place Culture
Campus Life & Leadership Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJune 26, 2018
It is a very fun place to work and meet new people. It has lots of awsome stuff to learn on a daily basis. Everyone their is very nice and polite to others.
Enjoyable and rewarding
Campus Life and Leadership Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2018
This job was rewarding in that I learned many skills to take out with me into the workplace environment that will help me achieve my employment goals and desires.
Fabulous Experience
Continuing Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MODecember 28, 2017
Working at the Metropolitan Community College was an excellent experience. I would have never left except my husband was transferred with his job. It was a fantastic place and loved the job and all the people.
Pros
Benefits, Management and Time off
Cons
Turn Over
Amazing
Campus Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Indendependence MO.November 19, 2017
My company is amazing to work at. The instructors are great. The students are great! My co workers are great. I have great benefits and great discounts on a variety of things.
great people to work with
Superintendent Districtwide Construction (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 9, 2017
I worked on 7 campuses with a great team doing remodels and tenet finishes. Management was great, helpful and supportive. A well rounded culture with respect between employees and students. hard part was job scheduling and the enjoyable part was making a difference.
Great Place to Work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2017
Adjunct Faculty, Great part time job. The supervising administration is very good at communicating needs and expectations. The support staff are extremely helpful also.
Pros
great for part time job
Cons
max hours are 8 per semester
Dedicated and professional staff, educators and consultants.
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2015
MCC-BTC open to new ideas, business opportunities and exploring revenue generating projects. Communication between colleges was wonderful and really expanded the 'Can Do' attitude when a challenge presented itself.

The wonderful training and continued education classes was a great benefit for all employees.
Pros
Intellegent, friendly and helpful staff.
Cons
BTC Exhibit Hall had non-traditional hours of operation.
very good
Laborer (Former Employee) –  KC, MOAugust 5, 2015
great people to work with, work was hands on and enjoyable and leaders were insightful

received the job through a friends relative and was happy to get it for the time that I had it
Pros
amazing place to work
Cons
seasonal work
Metropolitan Community College
Financial Aid Advisor - Penn Valley Campus (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2015
My colleagues at MCC have all been very helpful and hard working. The college offers one of the best benefits packages in the metro area, but the salary is nothing special. Paid vacation and holidays are abundant, and sick days rarely create a conflict. Supervision is very relaxed, and I can often work at my own pace, without being micromanaged.

Very few training opportunities for new hires, you have to be a quick learner and take initiative to figure things out on your own. Unfortunately, the 5 campus district is directed by a chancellor that seems to care very little for academics, which creates conflicts of interest for staff/faculty that truly care about student success.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, relaxed supervision, co-workers, culture
Cons
Administrative center policy, few training opportunities, salary
Excellant Experience
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City MOFebruary 6, 2015
Great place to work. Excellent management and co-workers. Most of my life experiences have been in Sales and Sales Management a typical day would involve promoting products, finding new customers and closing the sale. I enjoy working with people and closing a sale with a satisfied customer. The hardest part of any business management or sales job is cold calling.
Pros
Great people great benifits
Student friendly
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 20, 2013
I helped students that was there first time coming to a college and needed help with various college neccessities. I learned to counsel students. My manager was very knowledgeable. My coworkers were my classmates and they were very friendly. The hardest part was open enrollment and the most enjoyable part was seeing different people,cultures everyday.
Great work arena with helping others succeed in life
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2012
Teaching is a positive experience. Watching students strive to meet their goals and deadlines it was all worth it.