Metropolitan Family Services Employee Reviews

A good starting point, lots of paperwork
SASS Worker (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILNovember 2, 2018
My first supervisor was amazing, supportive and insightful, then she ended up leaving. The site director stepped in as the interim supervisor. I would come to her with concerns related to co-workers and concerns; nothing was ever done. The new supervisor micromanaged me and portrayed herself to be superior. Metropolitan is a good company depending on the site and supervisor. My ending experience was negative, but it was great during the beginning.
Pros
good experience
Cons
long hours, amounts of paperwork and culture
All in One
Stock and Mailroom Clerk/IT Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2018
This job and organization is literally one of a kind and I a league of it's own. My first day to the present day the vibe and atmosphere is always great.
Great Experience
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
Worked here for years. I have learned a great deal. Metropolitan Family Services is also a great place to complete an internship. The agency is continuing to grow.
Happy Pleasant enviroment,
Volunteer Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 1, 2018
I enjoyed the driving and the people I met the time that I had driven as a volunteer driver and if I become unemployed I would go back to help out again. With no problem
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
breaks
Do your job and everything will be fine
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day working here is a bit frustrating if the higher ups do not know what they are doing. Some of management always points fingers and never accept they did something wrong.
Pros
Cons
Salary & Benefits
Productive and Focused
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2018
At Metropolitan Family Services, they focused on serving the community. Working there I was able to learn many things that would help me exceed in the future. Not only did they focus on the well-being of the community but also their staff. If it wasn't because I had to relocate, I would have continued working with them.
Is a very family type based environment they make you feel very welcomed
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 10, 2018
A very well organized facility friendly people very welcoming I’ve nieghborhood facility is nicely decorated and kept in an orderly fashion for the clients overall a vey nice place with sweet individuals
Pros
Feel welcomed everyone is very friendly and fair
Cons
Pipes need to be fixed or the drainer because when it rains the place gets a little fluded
Great business
Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2018
Very diverse, and quite organized. Great management teams, growth opportunity, and work-life balance. Lunch breaks are a nice amount of time. The staff atmosphere is very warm. There are always events to keep staff close-knit.
Out of School Time Activity Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
Metropolitan Family Services is an organization built on altruistic ideology. This mission influence people of all aspects of life to come together to assist those who are not in positions to help themselves.
Engaging
Parent Educator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2018
Metropolitan Family Services has been a great experience for me. It allowed me to meet people by doing a lot of outreach to promote the program. I've met wonderful people that has help me to enhance my skills as a parent educator.
Mentor students to achieve higher education (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2018
Management and politics were awful! Working with the actually families and kids were the best thing! It made the days go by quicker. By far management and HQ was the worst.
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
I enjoyed working a MFS. Staff treated you like family. Their passion for serving their patients is noticeable. Their benefits were amazing for a non-profit. They always fight for their staff when budget cuts were happening.
Pros
benefits, staff, jobs
Cons
budget cuts
Interesting position I have never worked in before in over thirty years in behavior health and social services.
Lease Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 14, 2018
I have a very knowledgeable supervisor who is very supportive and goal oriented. The agency is very client centered and have growth opportunities for staff to excercise their talents in leadership roles.
Pros
Upward mobility
Cons
Compensation not compatible with skill set and expertise of my professional experience
Fun Place to Work with Great People
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILMay 3, 2018
While working at Metropolitan Family Services, I was surrounded by wonderful colleagues who were always there for support, assistance, and a good laugh. The environment was very non-judgemental and everyone was accepted into the work culture and family.
great work culture,shaky benefits
Medicaid service coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 3, 2018
currently working at Metropolitan Family Services,very laid back environment.Co workersds are very helpful as well as supervisors. However, communication could use some improvements as well as management.
Pros
laid back
Cons
no direct deposit, no vacation days
fun, clean working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 18, 2018
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot during my internship. They had many different services to offer such as day Hab, community Hab, etc.
Cons
not much work to do
Working with Metropolitan was a good experience
Summer Youth Program Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2018
I had a good experience working Metropolitan Family Services . They are understanding & hard working and expect the best our of each employee and employer
good support from staff
Child & Adolescent Therapist (Former Employee) –  Palos Hills, ILApril 5, 2018
heavy paperwork but great experience working with low income families and providing clinical care. management lacked ability to provide positive feedback and could be discouraging.
Active
Activity Leader/Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORApril 4, 2018
The staff are all nice and friendly. They are always there whenever you need support. They make everything so easy going and make the work place comfortable.
Pros
Being around awesome people
Cons
not enough hours
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2018
I learned a lot. When I had ear affection It was fun teaching my co workers how to sign so they could get in contact with me. The job was based on managing your time and be patience until things are done. I enjoyed working there because it was fun but also full of learning new things.Customer Service Representative role in my free time, where I learned valuable professional skills such as customer loyalty, direct sales, and product launch. In both my academic and professional life, I have been consistently praised as proactive by my professors and peers. Whether working on academic, extracurricular, or professional projects, I apply proven persuasion, teamwork, and leadership skills, which I hope to leverage in your company.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight