Metropolitan Market Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A fun community
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2018
The management was good, and the atmosphere was great. I think Met Market has a good atmosphere and made for a nice place to work. There are usually a lot of different shifts available and types of job offers.
Brown Nosers
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 17, 2018
This company is run by people that started at the bottom. Although I think it's great that they reward loyalty , this leads to poor management and basically side-taking. If you end up working here don't upset anyone!
This company is good for High School Student
Market Deli Association (Former Employee) –  West Seattle, WAMarch 8, 2018
This company is a good working environment for High School Student to have a work and maintain their school. When you working in this company you will have a chance to enjoy their products. Metropolitan Market has a good selection of food and many other benefits for the employees.
I would recommend this company with details.
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2018
The people who work here are great.They make it a great place to work. Management can less than desirable depending what store you work at. Having a union helps keep management and corporate if you stand up for your rights.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management/coporate
Assistant Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 12, 2018
Lots of stress and very difficult customers. Co-workers were great people to work with and alot of fun. Alot was put on my shoulders and had alot of deadlines to meet.
Pros
Ugh
Cons
Ugh
Customer Service Based
CHECKER (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 9, 2018
Focused on putting customers first. Co-Workers are what makes this job great, but management can make you feel like your not necessarily valued day to day.
Easy place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sammamish, WADecember 2, 2017
management was laid back, easy to show your working ability and get recognized for it. helping the customers with everything was a huge expectation in my role.
Pros
free food, good discount, great coworkers
Cons
upper managemnet
Fast paced
Culinary Artist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 18, 2017
A family community among the staff. Co-workers support each other. Customer service is consistently provided. Discounts are provided to all employees.
Pros
Discount on private label products.
Cons
Parking
Great place to work with opportunities for advancement
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 8, 2017
Metropolitan Market was a great place to work with opportunities for advancement and great benefits. It has a positive environment and supportive work culture. Very sad to have to relocate and be unable to continue to work with my colleagues at Metropolitan Market.
Decent job with decent pay
Housewares Associate (Former Employee) –  West Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2017
Management can be difficult to deal with, as can customers, but for the pay and benefits, it's almost worth it depending on the position. Upper management could improve on communication, and some departments are severely understaffed because of this.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Management plays favorites
Stressful, busy, poor management, high turnover, no accountability
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 18, 2017
Very face paced business that caters to very snobby and needy customers. Customers can be very rude and dismissive. Very high turn over rate so new faces constantly. Business practices a throw away concept of employees. Management at my location was awful. No accountability on managements part. Management creates a atmosphere of back stabbing,misdirection, and no accountability. I felt like I was working in an episode of Game of Thrones. Company provides great benefits in the form of medical, dental, some PTO, and discounts. Company can also make you feel like a herded cattle that has been brought in to work and that you cannot be fully trusted as an employee. Clock in machine was changed three separate times at my location in 6 months. It was finally upgraded to a hand print reading machine at the end because that is how little they trust employees and the time clock. Corporate is very aloof and only comes into the stores to stand around in grey slacks and tucked in oxford shirts. You get the feeling that they don't actually care about the employees.
Pros
Good benefits and discount
Cons
Poor management, aloof corporate office, busy, rude and needy customers, high turn over rate, hectic
productive and friendly
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 21, 2017
Overall daily work is alright. The company is really taking care their employee. However, the management level of this company is quite frustrating. They need to work on some of their workers (lazy, do not care about company, etc.) They need to train their workers properly if they want their company to step up in the market. There are a lot of competitors who are in similar business. If the company wants to be known, they need to work on something small first: employee.
Pros
Friendly environment between coworker
Cons
Not strict management.
Challenging and rewarding experience
Market Deli & Specialty Cheese Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 27, 2017
Expected a lot and gave a lot. Very positive. Sold high quality grocery and prepared food products. Very supportive of team members. Best team of management associates I have ever worked with in my job history.
Next please...
Assistant Deli- Manager (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 10, 2017
Started before the lunch rush and never looked back. Loads of fresh salads, soups and meats as well as a great hot case with prime rib and lots of comfort food. We were well structured to keep up with the high standards to this fun fill store. As crowds would grow, so did we to give everyone that spa pamper feeling to each and everyone there. Sometimes it did'nt slow down and catching up was hard to do, but we always managed to pull off a great performance. This is a plave where everyone knows your name, if not your order! Just a good feel place.
Pros
Feel good place with a smile on your face:)
Cons
Long lunch periods for me
great music on the pa/friendly enviorment/large diversity of people
Seafood Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2016
excellent independant high end grocery store to work in. we work as a team and count on each other to offer the best customer sevice possible
Pros
employee discounts/excellent choice of music during work
Cons
to long of a commute
Great atmosphere
Assistant Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, WAMarch 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers and customers. Everyday is new and exciting. I really enjoy ordering in products and keeping the bakery running smoothly.
Warm and inviting work place with excellent benefits.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 28, 2016
A typical day at work involved handling shipments of inventory as well as preparing/cooking a variety of different foods. As my first foray into genuine food service, I learned a lot about how our food is prepared and where it comes from. All of my coworkers were fun and amicable individuals with a helpful and friendly demeanor. Management was very chaotic. A high employee and manager turnover rate meant inconsistencies in direction as well contradiction in interpretation of policy.
Pros
Excellent pay, great benefits, great coworkers, warm atmosphere.
Cons
Inconsistency in management, high turnover.
great place to work
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2015
highly recommended,Great customers. High quality products.Fun place to work.You can learn alot of new things. beautiful Markets
Pros
great company
Cons
have to travel
A good place to work and very friendly.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy working Metropolitan Market. I find working there very enjoyable and rewarding. Although I would like to be challenged more.
Pros
Very close to where I live, good people and in a good location.
Cons
To expensive.
Great if you're experienced in grocery
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  SeattleOctober 28, 2014
I worked at the Queen Anne store for 3 weeks and went back to work retail at a drug store that I left to work at Metropolitan Market. Management was very uppity and the majority of seasoned grocery employees were very unfriendly and didn't help at all. Very few were helpful. Those nice ones I still talk to them when I see them.
Pros
Cons
Stuffy managment