Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Staff Nurse/Adult Post Anesthesia Recovery Unit (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Good work environment. Flexible Schedule. Good coworkers. Good culture. Nice management. Easy self scheduling. Productive work environment. good collaboration.
The workplace culture is incredible. The people are helpful and team oriented.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2018
Great place to work, I just don't want to continue doing 12 hour bedside care. Looking for more of a Management role in Nursing.

The people are great, very team oriented. The provide training when needed.

Health Care, Vision, 401K and PTO is available.
Great co-workers, but poor pay and management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TXJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Metro. I learned a lot and my co-workers were amazing, however things went downhill when a new manager took over the ER. She does not care for her employees at all, and was the reason that myself and another employee left. She would passive aggressively say things about me going to work elsewhere. Since I left, many many other employees have left as well.
Pros
co-workers, benefits
Cons
ED manager, pay
Awesome place
Director, Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2017
Great place to work. Although we have a competitive environment, everyone works together to achieve the ultimate results in satisfting of patients.
Pros
Cons
I live in Houston
hospital
therapist-driven protocols (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 27, 2017
Able to learn the new equipment used by the hospital. Learned many ways to used the equipment.I had 17 years of experience in a hospital and i love working with patients.
Pros
educating patients on equipment being used by them
Cons
being short handed
Typical day at Work
Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 19, 2017
Patient care standards great, it was fast paced during day shift, discharges and admittance, all patient care activities required during day time management is key.
Pros
work culture productive
Cons
leaving at the end of day
Poor management and poor staffing
Med Surg, RN III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2017
The only positive thing I can say regarding this hospital is CEs are available; that's it. I would not recommend working for any HCA corporation ever.
A great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2017
I loved that everyday you have the opportunity to learn something new. I think the hardest part of the job is that a patients acuity is not factored in when it comes to staffing a floor. You always have opportunities to work overtime if you are looking for some extra income.
Pros
Furthering your education and advancement is not only supported but encouraged. Shift differential.
Cons
working holidays
great learning experience
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
Did my extern here and was pleased and learned a lot on working in the medical field and loved helping others and being there to experience everything was a big help
Pros
Getting to work in the ER and getting hands on learning
Cons
Not sure
Terrible place
Registered Nurse PCU (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2017
Total care for 7-8 pt.s Way too much redundant charting, no team work. It stunk, no time to eat, stayed lots of nights after shift to catch up on charting. This hospital cares nothing for their nurses,
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Too many cons to list
Learned a lot in the Clinic and Hospital Setting.
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 11, 2017
Greeted Patients as they Walked in. Checked In Patients, and did their Vitals before the Dr saw them. I worked with a Surgeon as he saw Patients during the day. I scheduled appointments for their next visit. I drained a Pain Ball as the Patient was out of Surgery.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the Surgeon.
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to work, and the downtown area is very convenient.
Administrative Assistant - Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2017
Not much room to grow in my department, but definitely within the hospital. Great people, but some improvement is required to maintain a great environment, especially with management.
Pros
Lunch discount, free parking, and downtown location.
Cons
Not enough pay or overtime.
Very Fast
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2017
I absolutely loved the nurses and PCA'S I worked with. Can't say too much about management since I always worked nights. It is a very busy hospital and a good learning environment because you see everything.
Pros
Fellow Staff
Cons
busy
Very demanding job.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2017
Management tended to micromanage an understaffed housekeeping team. Nurses were understaffed which forced housekeeping to pick up some of the staff. They did not allow me to carry snacks on my cart nor did they allow me time to go get something when my diabetes sugars were low.
Cons
Couldn't use the benefits I paid for, Micromanaging and understaffed .
I loved working here
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 30, 2016
Typical day was to go from the second you walked in the door until you left but the people I worked with on my unit were outstanding. Great place to be and lots of wonderful quality accomplishments. Hardest part of job is staffing to grid. The most enjoyable was the team I worked with.
Cons
Salary not competitive
Productive and rewarding experience
Cardiovascular Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2016
A typical day at Methodist was quite productive and fruitful. Beginning with a review of the daily needs, leading into educational rounds, in-services on evidence-based practice and process improvement, meeting with other key members in healthcare and attending committees to decipher educational and/or regulatory compliance needs, as well as monitor outcomes, each day ended in a rewarding feeling of accomplishment.
Management rounds were completed daily in an effort to support leadership as well as staff and also to promote patient perception of quality care.
Colleagues were compassionate and supportive team players.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that not all can be receptive to educational and/or regulatory compliance needs at all times, however, the best part of the job was (and will always be) knowing that I can and do make a difference when I "let go and let God" guide me on a daily basis.
team work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2016
Had a great nurse manager that stood up for her NICU team. I loved the team I work with. Was a great group of people that worked very well together. Our unit got along well with L&D it was a huge team effort and we always got the job done as a team.
Pros
great team
Cons
down town san antonio
Great Team to Work With!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 10, 2016
Fast paced med/surg unit, but the teamwork between staff is top notch. I learned a lot in my 18 months there. The charge nurses were very supportive and helpful.
Pros
Excellent RN residency program
Cons
No 24 hour cafeteria
Was there 11 years...
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  SAN AntoniNovember 23, 2016
Excellent organization. Greatest Director in Alice Ruiz RN. Greatest Manager in Susan Soulek RN. Well run organization with excellent staff retention.
Pros
Excellent family environment
Cons
None, really
flexible work schedule
Registered Nurse-Cardiovascular Transitional Unit (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2016
I made the mistake of working Friday, Saturday and Sunday night shifts each week. It was my second nursing job and I couldn't handle consecutive night shifts like this on a busy telemetry floor with a high patient to nurse ratio. I learned my limitations regarding requiring sleep, how many patients I can manage, and how to manage functioning with short-staffing.
Pros
learned to manage high stress well
Cons
low staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Reviews by Location