Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Employee Review

View all Metropolitan Methodist Hospital reviews

Great Place to work
❸ Nurse Manager for a 35 bed Medical/Renal Unit (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxMarch 29, 2014
Nurse Manager for a 35 bed Medical/Renal Unit
In charge of staffing and scheduling for the unit
Educated the staff through monthly staff meetings and in-services
Conducted interviews, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations for the unit
Took part in the ongoing development of the staffing grids and budget for the unit
Pros
Always learning something new
Cons

Other Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

Metropolitan Methodist Nightmare
Orthopedic/Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2018
I learned quickly after I started as a night nurse at Metro Methodist to not trust my immediate management. I learned many good skills on a medical-surgical floor and formed great relationships with staff. When I asked my nursing director to move me permanently to the cardiac short stay unit so I can progress as a nurse, she only gave me empty promises. I have been floated to the cardiac short stay unit several times and realized I love taking care of the cardiac patients and learn new skills and interventions. But unfortunately it seems to me that my learning and growth as a nurse is not as important to my director as it is for me.
rewarding
Registered Nurse Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2018
RN bedisde is absolutely rewarding. the work to life balance is unfortunately incredibly unbalanced. this is in reflection to the overall RN clinical profession, not specific to metropolotian methodist.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Metropolitan Methodist Hospital Reviews by Location