Metropolitan Ministries Employee Reviews

I was only a volunteer
Volunteer Coordinator for Christ the King (Current Employee) –  TampaJune 5, 2018
Therefore, I do not know the interior workings of Metropolitan Ministries since I was nor will ever be currently employed by them. I have no knowledge of anything more than this.
Pros
Free Meals and Family Fun Nights
Cons
Unstable Management
Great culture and great people working toward a meaningful goal
Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 21, 2018
Metropolitan Ministries was a great place to work. It was arguably my favorite career experience and I would still be there today if my position had not been eliminated due to budget cuts. The leadership at Metropolitan Ministries was outstanding, creating a workplace that I looked forward to coming into every day.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch.
Cons
Position was eliminated out of the blue
It was alright
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2018
On the outside initially the company looked inviting but truly mant of them are shallow and superficial and when I had one issue there that was an accident they dropped me. I liked the secretaries and such but the management wasn’t great.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2018
Friendly Staff who are always willing to help with new volunteers. Every day was something different and provided an interesting environment to help the community.
Residential Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 13, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. The people I met while working at the company was a joy. I feel pretty fortunate to have met such awesome, quirky people, many of whom have become more than work-mates. Ups, downs and sideways, I’ve worked with incredibly supportive people who always make me laugh some way. It’s these friendships that make my job so much easier, and allowed me to collaborate on some projects that have had great outcomes.
Collaborative and Team effort for Client success
Trauma and Recovery Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2018
This position offered great opportunity for both personal and professional growth. Through a collaborative effort to support clients and their families to achieve their self sufficiency plan.
My work experience at Metropolitan Ministries was rewarding!
AmeriCorps Vista Volunteer & Donor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Holiday, FLJanuary 10, 2018
My focus at MM was to build capacity and awareness to those that were homeless or at risk of homelessness.
I was given the opportunity to engage with other stakeholders in the community, build relationships, recruit volunteers and find funding opportunities through processing donations.
I exceeded the goal of building 150 new partners in the area of non-profit organizations, senior citizens, high school and colleges. My involvement was increased in the area of public speaking, fund raising and setting up marketing activities in Pasco County.
Pros
Able to exceed goal and to see positive results!
Cons
Year ended quickly!
Wonderful and rewarding place to work.
Donor Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2017
I loved working for this company helping the homeless and addressing all the needs in this community. Hours were flexible but became heavy during the holidays when people who are homeless or out of work need help the most. The people working there are kind and giving and become your family. Highly recommend this company. They set up a tent for the holidays and always need people to man as well as people in the office for donations. Sometimes jobs are only temporary but lead to full time positions as mine did.
Pros
Fun, rewarding, caring and enjoyable place to work.
Cons
Hours can be long during peak seasons.
Productive and Fun
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 2, 2017
I enjoyed my time there and the people around me. My favorite environment is the thrift store. I highly recommended to others looking for a steady environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Volunteer in various departments
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 10, 2017
Volunteering at Metropolitan Ministries throughout High School gave me a sense of self worth helping other less fortunate than I. Earning multiple community service hours taught me to give back to the community.
Pros
Able to help less fortunate families in time of need.
Productive workplace
Community Outreach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 9, 2017
Working at Metropolitan Ministries never felt like a job to me because you're helping people in need. I enjoyed working with the people and the interaction.
Pros
Complimentary Breakfast and Lunch
Did not enjoy working here
Kitchen/Dining Room Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Holiday, FLMay 23, 2017
Was hired for about 6 months and got at most 30 hours. Greeted people and I learned their computer software. The mangement was really rude and I just didn't enjoy working there.
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Mangement
Fun place to learn and improve skills
IT intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2017
Great place for an entry level IT position. A lot of learning and mentoring from the senior help desk specialists. Free lunch and breakfast if you are in early enough. Great people and location
STEAM Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2017
The Ministries is a wonderful place to work. Great culture, great coworkers, and a worthy engaging cause. If you would like to help alleviate the suffering of the homeless professionally this is a wonderful place to do so.
Pros
Free meal with every shift worked
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2017
I always enjoy volunteering with them because they are so organized. I have been able to service in different parts of the organization and it never fails to teach me something new about them and how they help the community.
Volunteer
Football Little League Manager (Former Employee) –  Holiday, FLApril 14, 2017
I was a Volunteer, I did not get paid to work here. This is an amazing non-profit charity that helps the community. I am very thankful I got to be a part of this.
I loved this place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 7, 2017
They are very friendly and resonable. Great work atmosphere and you even get invited to their non profit organization events. I loved my students teaching them. Managment was great they would give you anything you requested as long as it help with they organization or the childrens education.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Being layed off
This Place Cares
Marketing and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 4, 2017
I worked here over the summer in 2016 for my practicum in school and it was eye-opening to see all the people in my local community that need assistance. Metropolitan Ministries truly cares about people, going above and beyond their job requirements to make sure everyone knows that they matter. It was a privilege to work along side the small but devoted staff for the three months that I was there. The work is hard and their days are long, but they make a difference.
Pros
friendly coworkers, meaningful work
my experience in Metropolitan Ministries
Kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 3, 2017
The pace of work since you go to work and until you leave is no-stop, you always know the time you go to work but do not know the time when you have to go home.
I loved my job, I really like helping people.
The high-ranking bosses do not care much if you kill yourself working, they are the only thing that matters is that the work is done if or if, what I discourage is that they promised me many things and the years went by and I did not see that they were They worked, between 55 and 65 hours a week. Worked hard and paid nothing, my salary was made for 40 hours a week and actually worked a lot more.
I do not like to say bad things about my work, metropolitan taught me a lot and I will always thank you, but I felt that I was giving my life in that work and did not see the light at the end of the tunnel.
benefits
Cons
to many hours of work
Flexible schedule + Free lunch breaks
Kitchen Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 1, 2017
From what I saw when I was there Metro Min' needed more Manager's too help facilitate work flow and improve productivity.
You are able to have a good flexible work schedule, You also get free lunch breaks.
Pros
Free lunch breaks and Gain good experience
Cons
Needs work on Management