Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District Employee Reviews

nice co to work for if I wasn't outsourced.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 31, 2018
MSD is a great company to work for. I don't like the fact that I am outsourced with the Faneuil Co, with no guaranteed solid position. I love the hours and the off days.
Job security, great benefits, great pay
Collection Systems Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  Valley Park, Mo. 63088February 16, 2018
I loved working at MSD. The management was fair and the health insurance was great. My fellow employees were great, as well. The management was VERY cooperative with any and all issues that came about with their employees.
Pros
Benefits, pay, co-workers
Cons
Infrequent emergency calls
A typical work day
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2017
Get to work, check emails & voicemails. Reply back to emails, return phone calls, run reports and start my day with work. On certain days every week, I do site visits to make sure managers and crews have everything that they need.
Pros
Every day is different, People depending on me, There is always something to learn
Cons
Sometimes I feel we have less opportunities than other positions, Your role is invisible – the better you are, the more seamless everything appears to be which is hard when trying to get career recognition, or pay rise
Far too much bureaucracy.
Robot (Former Employee) –  MarketJuly 27, 2017
The bureaucracy at MSD gets in the way of productive work. It's a top down organization, where initiative is discouraged. You can't take a dump without permission.
Pros
Its a government job.
Cons
Its a government job.
Secure employment
Associate Engineer - Environmental Compliance (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2017
Working for the district you are provided many great benefits along with great employment security. Company has an activities comity the puts together events to keep employees and their families involved and happy. Most people are easy to work with but as with any job you get out what you put in.
If your a operator look for a city job.
Operator (Former Employee) –  St.Louis Lemay plantFebruary 20, 2017
MSD is a great place to work if your not a operator the very people doing the job are the ones that get the BS hours "shift work" so if your looking to feel totally fatigued every day you work this is the job for you.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero
plant engineer intern
Associate Operations Plant Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2016
i only worked here as internship but it was a great place to work although its pretty gross when you think about it. Very laid back environment
Great Experience
Associate Engineer Co-op (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 13, 2014
Loved the work, people and learning. Very fast paced and full of interesting work.
Performance based company with family values
Manager of Training and Organizational Development (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 7, 2012
While MSD holds strong work/life values, it is nonetheless a very business oriented, performance-based organization. Few people leave the organization because it has so many great benefits and a great culture.
Pros
strong work/life balance

Want to know more about Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District?

Ask a question