Metropolitan State University Employee Reviews

Independent Work
Community Faculty, Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 27, 2018
There is a lot of independent work. However, full-time staff are willing to help. The most difficult part was getting ready for the first day of class given there wasn't a lot of time to prepare and being proficient with the use of different electronic applications, that the students are very used to, while new instructors are not.
weirdly hostile workplace
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2018
The management switches up a lot and people are always arriving, staying for awhile, and then leaving. There's a lot of disorganization because of this.
University Tutoring Center
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 21, 2018
Tutoring for university students. 20 hours a week maximum. Compensation was ok, but not livable based on amount of hours available to work. Management was good.
Room to Learn
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 16, 2018
The educations system offers a free class each semester employed. Hard to work with different departments at times to achieve stream line results. University is growing for good reasons, flexibility for students and affordable.
Good employees
Executive Director, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNAugust 10, 2018
This was so long ago it has changed so much I don't think I have anything to say for a potential new employee looking to work there. It seems to have grown a lot.
Great place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2018
I imagine it is a wonderful place to work. I attended school here, and did not work here, but most people seemed happy. I do not know why this website
Front desk
Administrative Assistant and Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2018
Mail, delivery, check-in for appoints. Answering questions for students and familiarizing with the campus. Great community to be part of, and great location.
Great Place to Work
Office Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 7, 2018
Had a great working relationship with co-workers and supervisors. The workplace culture and diversity made it a nurturing environment for students and employees.
Pros
Good benefits, good union
Msu
Clinical instructor for Med (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80204June 21, 2018
Great College. The student body that I had experience with were bright and inquisitive students that challenge their instructor's knowledge base. I would work there again, no doubts.
Pros
Challenging, rewarding, easy to manage the administrative portion of the hiring process
Cons
Short notice on upcoming class schedules
good place to teach
Adjunct professor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 21, 2018
This is a pleasant teaching environment. Students are engaged with studies and come to class on a regular basis. The lab is equipped with up to date computers for student use.
Pros
audit classes
Cons
parking
Great place to work for Work-Study Program
Work-Study, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2018
Great place to work for Work-Study. Great bosses and very flexible. The office duties were expected and the work load was not extreme. Just had to be friendly and willing to help others.
Great school
Student (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80204May 22, 2018
This is a great place work with a very friendly environment. Great culture with great people. I would highly recommend this place for newbies in the business.
Engagement and Integrity.
Student Office Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 26, 2018
Worked at front desk to greet students, schedule adviser appointments, answered phones, filed papers, faxed, copied, and performed data entry tasks on work computer.

Motivational speaker at new student orientation where I encouraged students to not only complete their bachelors degree but to go on further and obtain a masters degree as well.

Assisted advisers with in depth correlation study where we tracked the success rate of students based on grades obtained by the student and how long it took them to graduate.

Successfully represented Metropolitan State University mission statement where I held true to the values of Excellence, Engagement, Diversity and inclusion, Openness, Respectfulness, and most of all integrity in everything I did while I worked there and beyond.
Pros
I was able to engage with students and faculty on a daily basis.
Cons
A student position which ended when I graduated.
Student
Student, Mathematics degree pending (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 31, 2018
I enjoyed my time here as a student. The teachers care about your learning process and ability to succeed. I would recommend this school for anyone who is looking for an affordable and valuable education.
Metro State strives very hard to improve each year.
Community Faculty (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 22, 2018
It treats community faculty very well. The Administration is trying to do well by the faculty. It has areas to improve but it has gotten better each year I've been there.
Pros
The faculty are pretty collaborative.
Cons
Academia is on the decline.
Great place for being a student worker
Student Worker in Psychology Lab (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 13, 2018
Working in the Psychology Lab was a fun experience for me. It is a great place to work for a student worker. The manager was fun and engaging and the other students you meet will expand your skills and make you a better student.
Student Worker
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 7, 2018
As a student worker, Metro is a great place to work. Very flexible with school schedules and family life. Everyone was great to work with and very helpful.
Fine
Paint Studio Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 28, 2018
Awful President that destroyed most of the principals the school was founded on to increase the amount of money in his own pocket. Such profits are not shared with the teaching staff. Nor are such profits shared with students in the form of programs and materials provided with tuition. Tuition has more than doubled .
Great place to work!
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at work involves meeting with students, managing their challenges and assisting them in accomplishing their goals. I have learned a great deal of patience in this job due to the high amount of customer service involved and sometimes having students who may not have had the best experience in higher education in the past. Management tends to be fair not only with employee requests but also with student situations. The hardest part of this job is handling upset parents when their child may not be up to their expectations with their academic performance. Due to FERPA, we cannot share that information without permission from the student. Sometimes it is difficult for parents to grasp since much of the time, they are paying for the education. This is not just a job but rather a career in making a difference in the lives of others. The most enjoyable part is when you know that you have truly made a positive impact on someone's future.
Pros
Working with friendly, professional and knowledgeable colleagues, working with inspiring students
Cons
Politics
Awesome campus
Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time at MSU Denver. Great location for a university, a lot of diversity and life on campus. Only complaint is staff has to pay for parking :( $6.50 a day.
Cons
Paying for parking