Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very productive
Transportation Planner/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2018
I have been working for the council of governments for the last 28 years. I have accumulated extensive experience in regional planning, project preparation and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research and analysis, team building and consensus building in promoting innovative ideas towards the achievement of the goals and objectives of projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
Friendly work environment and good compensations
Marketing Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 8, 2014
The work there is not demanding but kind of challenging. My boss is very nice and I learned a lot of basic Marketing knowledge there. The compensation in COG is really nice.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Not fast-paced working environment
A good beginning position for students
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 31, 2013
I was introduced to a few accounting functions, but didn't learn as much as i should have being employed there for a year.
Nonprofit
Health Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2013
Good ideas pertaining to health policy and outreach. We develop tools and informational resources requested by our member and community stakeholders.
Intern work in the government
Internship in Transportation Planning Board (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 9, 2013
I had a great time with MWCOG. The knowledge and experience I gained from them is something I will cherish forever. I worked as an engineering intern because, at the time, it was my major in college. My co-workers and supervisors were all extremely friendly and helpful and assisted me in performing my job duties in a more efficient manner. i attended various meetings and met some very important people. I would love to work for MWCOG again, should they ever need me.
Pros
government experience, attended important meetings, engineering experience
Cons
time with company was brief
well kept environment
MWCG (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 29, 2012
answered phones, typed up documents, filed paperwork, assisted co workers on projects
A non-profit firm that focused on several issues in the metropolitan region ranging from Child Welfare to Environmental issues, just to name a few.
Human Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2012
Management was not skilled at working with others and being true team players. The hardest part about my job was being so overwhelmed with my daily duties. The greatest part about my job was finding permanent homes for children in foster care.
Pros
catered lunches
Cons
no overtime pay
Regional Planning organization
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 1, 2012
A typical day is finding a balance between daily operations and project work. Sometimes, the day is full of upgrades. Other days, we plan future and current projects. It's definately an environment fueled by learning and innovation. My team is small, so we each do it all. It's not uncommon to be helping with printer problems one minute, and talking about engineering a new email system the next. Overall, it's a great place to work in information technology.
Pros
get to play with all the latest technology
Cons
work life balance