Metropolitan Water District Employee Reviews

Good working place
RESEARCH CHEMIST (Former Employee) –  La Vernr, CaAugust 21, 2018
I worked at the research lab at Metropolitan water district. The job was challenging and rewarding as we research new techniques to analyze contaminants in water.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
no promotion
Relaxing Place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Worked in the environmental department as an inter. Overall, the work place was really relaxed, and slow paced. Typical cubicle setting, and friendly co-workers.
Good place to work.
HVAC Tech IV (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CASeptember 13, 2017
Good place to work. Great benefits, more comprehensive than most places. Good retirement plan and time off benefits. Great place to grow your skill set.
Commute too long
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2017
This was a good place to work. Work is varied and interesting. Too long of a commute for me. I worked in water conservation group and processed invoices for water rebates.
Good summer job
seasonal groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTOctober 8, 2016
It was a great job to have for the summer. Got paid well to do groundskeeping and was able learn a lot about water treatment and maintaining different outdoor areas.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Not a full time job
Great place to work with great people
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2015
Worked excessively with MS Excel to keep track of HR Auditing
Co workers were great and I loved the early hours. Learned an advance level of MS Excel & MS Outlook.
Pros
Pay was great for temping
Cons
It was a temporary position
A busy balanced work load
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  158000 MWD Road, Parker Dam CA 92267December 30, 2014
My work day consists of Oracle vender payments, company credit card purchasing, data processing safety meetings- weekly, quarterly safety meetings and training logs. I also manage perpetual fuel logs, inventory, schedule fuel deliveries, and dirty waste materials removals. Time keeper for payroll.

I work well with others, team work with projects, training, safety committee meetings. Also capable of working alone.

Learning curves with new updated procedures with little or no training available.

Best part of my job is casual office atmosphere, and the 4 day weekends twice a month.
Pros
work week @ 4/10, paid holidays, medical benefits, employee retirement
Cons
working indoors, inner office conflicts, privacy
Fun & very productive
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2014
My typical workday involved data entry, creating & organizing file folder system & consolidation of water treatment drawings. My job was very independent & allowed me to work at a leisurely pace, as the file folder system took quite some time to complete. Didn't really interact with many people but most co-workers were very helpful & personable. As difficult & time-consuming as the file folder assignment was, it is one of my all-time proudest achievements.
Pros
Job location & co-workers
Cons
Lunch options very limited
Enjoyable
Office Support II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2012
This was a great company with awesome benefits and the schedule was some what flexible schedule.