MetroSouth Medical Center Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Wouldn’t bring my pet to this hospital
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJune 28, 2018
Administration is too busy in meetings to actually get out on the nursing units and support staff! It’s all about the numbers and making executives look good when it should be about patient care.
Medical Secretary
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJune 6, 2018
Medical transcriptionist for group of 3 pathologists, transcribing and typing pathology reports, cytology, etc. Answering phones, pulling patient path slides for outside consultation. Filing away slides. Typing autopsies.
Pros
Great benefits
Nope.
Telemetry Monitor Technician/ ER tech (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJune 5, 2018
Immediate coworkers are some of the greatest people you’ll meet. Administration is not. Very self-serving kind of atmosphere and people that like to start workplace drama.
Do not apply here!
RN (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 31, 2018
Poor management, poor training, clear lack of guidelines and policies. After being hired, I realized they were looking for a nurse with more experience than me.
Cons
poor management
Unorganized management/charge nurse with lack of structure and rules.
RN (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Would not recommend to my worst enemy! Very disorganized! Poor morale! Poor leadership! Skeletal staff. The more efficient workers get to do their jobs as well as other people’s jobs! People not take pride in their work because of poor leadership, lack of enforced rules, etc.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
The people in charge have no experience or business being in a leadership role!
Very professional, very fosued, and very knowledgeable.
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILFebruary 11, 2018
I had my clinical’s as a nursing student at MetroSouth Medical Center. The work place is organized. I liked professionalism and collaboration between team members, RN staff members very friendly, knowledgeable and promptly respond to the patient ‘s needs. The all health team was very focused and tasks was accomplish in timely manner.
Don't bother applying here
PCP (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILOctober 28, 2017
The unit director & nurse manager of the geri psych unit are terrible. They're rude & don't know how to communicate with staff about certain changes. Every other day there's new rules. The pcp's get blamed for any & everything that goes wrong. Too many lazy nurses that don't like to help with patients. Pcp's are usually left to work alone with a bunch of fighting patients. It's poorly staffed because employees keep quitting. Mental health counselors are forced to do cna work. It's a very stressful environment & not at all worth the few dollars you get paid.
Pros
Off days
Good hospital
Security Officer /Charge officer (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILOctober 18, 2017
Metro south is a good hospital but our security management mistreat there employees . Did not give any yearly raises after working after one year metro south kept changing security company out source.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Mental health counselor
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILOctober 12, 2017
Stressful depressing environment. Mental health counselor's are told to do CNA work, they are basically Hired to be a CNA. A lot of the time you'll spend most of your time as a counselor doing CNA work with certification. I've seen mental health counselors with Master degree's be assigned CNA work. No support regarding issues from supervisor, management or HR. They can't keep staff because staff members are constantly quitting, and no one seems to want to address this issue. Mental health counselor's are out of place here and should pursue other FITTING opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
4 days off due to 12 hours shifts
Cons
Depressing environment, horrible work place
Stay away
Staff (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 10, 2017
Poor patient care and system. Staff not accountable and not knowledgeable. Discharge planning poor. Would not recommend coming on board as there is not support
Pros
flexible
Cons
To many
Prodcutive and Fun place to work
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMay 9, 2017
Reviewing need application doing new hire paperwork, background checks, going over benefits packets with new hires, Processing paperwork work for different positions.
My department was awesome
RN (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 5, 2017
Sadly my review is based on not having a manager and the high turn over rate. This facility was like a revolving door. I'm hoping that has changed since leaving because it has been a stable part of the community for years. The staff in my department was awesome. We really did work well together to make things happen because we didn't have the support from management. If you are looking for a place that offers a lot of overtime then this is the place.
Pros
Staff, opportunities for overtime, small environment
Cons
limited support staff, management staff missing most of the time (no escalation options); pay should be competitive.
Great Place
Registered Nurse - Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMarch 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working here, people were great to work with, very helpful, the cafeteria food was always good, new management wasn't all that great and for new grads the orientation was not long enough
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not enough orientation time and new management wasn't great
Non productive workplace poor management
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJanuary 27, 2017
I have many years experience as an RN, I was very disappointed with my orientation experience at this hospital. Very unprofessional corporate owned hospital....high turnover with staff and management, seemed like the patients slept all day with minimal attention from staff, management too occupied with filling the beds and don't care to improve the unit. No room for growth nobody knows what's going on or too overwhelmed to listen, n benefits are slim👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾
good
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 29, 2016
This is a great place to get experience. I learned so much working at this medical hospital, The benefits are good, great employees to work with, Most of all love the caring environment.
Great co-workers
Employee (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILNovember 6, 2016
The company changed hands too many times since my time here. Lacks leadership. Doesn't seem too stable. Hopefully, in the future there will be a good outcome with the change.Great co-workers though
MLT Night Shift is the worst position ever!
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILSeptember 16, 2016
Laboratory is the worst. The other techs on night shift run the new techs off. "Set them up for failure". DON'T waste your time applying. Management is horrible and will not have your back. The place is run down and filthy. Very unsafe trying to get to your car and into the building.
Pros
Cons
Many
Exceeds all expectations
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 20, 2016
I love working here!!! The day is busy which is a great thing, especially for a high energy person such as myself. The physicians and nurse practitioners love to share their knowledge and are exceptionally patient with us nurses. The nurses and ancillary staff are awesome as well. I'm glad to be part of the family! I'm proud to say I work for such a great company.
Pros
Great staff, and edible cafeteria food!!!
Cons
Not very happy @ this time.
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILMay 7, 2015
I am a dedicated, flexible, hard-working individual. I perform my job proficiently. I have learned, and earned a lot of experience over the past 27 yrs in my profession. I continue to strive to make progress in my knowledge, as well as, assisting other's that work with me, to be the best that we can be for our goal--making sure that the pt is well cared for. We all do a great job @ ensuring that our pt's are well cared for. Being able to watch a pt come in during a "bad" situation, and, then, watching them leave, doing 100% better, is so gratifying!! The hardest part of my job, is NOT tending to my pts, or all of the other "stuff" involved, but it is the "Not knowing" if they will be alright, once they leave our care.
Cons
No breaks--I work 12 hour shifts! Just no person to cover!
Great Department, not so great upper management or benifits
Pharmacy Tech. (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILApril 22, 2015
They like independent workers, offer very little support staff or staff period. Plenty of opportunity to multi-task and follow up on problems yourself. Pharmacy Dept. staff great, understanding and fun because they know how the company operates .
Pros
Pharmacy Management
Cons
healthcare, support staff, old equipment